VN Ren'Py Favourite Genres for Visual Novels ?

What genre is your favourite in Visual Novels ?

• Total voters

TanyaThe

Jan 8, 2018
Hello, I've been thinking of creating some visual novel in renpy, I've got basic game mechanics and systems already done. But with that off my mind, there is the most important question of all. What type of genre/s do most people like in visual novels, what kind of kinks do they like and what they hate.
For me its clearly fantasy genre and as for kinks, well, little bit of everything lmao. It's quite hard for me to decide on main genre, let alone the sub-genres, as I've got really no idea what other people like to read/play.

Please vote for your favourite genres in the poll I've created and if you'd like, write something too ! Thanks in advance to everyone participating in this discussion !

Rintal

May 6, 2017
It doesn't matter as long as it's something unique and well written. Good storytelling makes the most of success. But that doesn't mean that visual component is not important.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
My preference goes to contemporary Romance/Comedy/Drama and most people will agree with that. Fantasy is cool and it’s popular too.

Romance and a good story are pretty much needed when it comes to Male MC games as mindless fuckfests turn boring fast.

If we’re talking Female MC I'm into exhibitionism/corruption/degradation. What matters is, she must want it. No rape or blackmail, I can’t deal with a MC who’s miserable and who has no control or a needlessly bleak story for that matter.

Likes: strong, smart Male MC who’s not a creep (not a kink but I can’t stress it enough), rough sex, dominant male/submissive female, public sex.

Dislike NTR (as pretty much everyone else), femdom (F/M), bondage, sissification and futa.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealGoodStuff