tg

May 1, 2017
  • Make Melanie a lot meaner to Monica, if Monica has been mean to her. She could, for instance, make Monica to strip off her dress in the office to get the final $1,000.
Interesting points overall. But, you do realize that if Monica does rise to the top again, then all these people that have been in her way will be brutalized once she's powerful? Do you really think Melanie can take the chance that she's not going to replace Biff and take back her company again? I found her approach of wait-and-see to be pretty intelligent. I don't think it needs to change. But, maybe if she is silly like this, then we really should have the chance to be able to enable payback. That's assuming that Monica doesn't just slip in the mud and become worthless along the way. :p

Reactions: Rythan25

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Here's my two cents worth on ep 2-1: I liked the idea of starting Monica out with few options and thus few choices, but thought the gameplay presented too many phony choices, which slowed the game down and harmed enjoyment.

Games are about player decisions and their consequences. A game designer must be careful to make sure that the choices players get to make are meaningful, or a game will quickly get the rep of being a mere clickfest. Ep 2-1 presents a mixture of meaningful and meaningless choices. Luckily, it is entirely possible to eliminate most of the clearly meaningless choices without anything more than a minimal rework of dialogue.

The player is first presented (after an introduction that does a pretty decent job of recapping Ep 1 without repeating it) with the choice of "does Monica clean today or not?" I played the game for ten days without cleaning or getting a kebob to see what would happen (Monica just stole cake from the gas station and slept). That worked as a choice, though the driver didn’t talk to Monica and nothing happened in the story line. That still counts as a choice, though. The woman of the house never fired Monica.

Cleaning isn’t that onerous, which I appreciated. A couple of clicks, and move on. I also appreciate the "quick jump" ability in the house and the slums.

The distribution of the flyers was onerous, though. As someone pointed put earlier, it has the totally unnecessary (at least at the moment) additional dialogue choice of greeting the person or leaving; if I wanted to leave, I wouldn’t have had Monica approach them. Extra clicks are annoying, since they don’t actually represent a choice. The player “choice” here is trying to remember which encounters give increased corruption, rather than, say, which ones look like they’d take a flyer.

The endgame bit was well-done, except that Biff didn’t take advantage of any of his opportunities to humiliate Monica. He talked a big game, but didn’t deliver in the end.

Recommendations:

• Make some of the people Monica meets in the poor areas more scary. They guy dressed in black on the street (who assumes she is giving him an address) could be a lot scarier, for example. So could the two guys near the hostel.
  • Make Melanie a lot meaner to Monica, if Monica has been mean to her. She could, for instance, make Monica to strip off her dress in the office to get the final $1,000.
  • Have Biff take much more advantage of Monica, especially for the last $1,000.
  • Explain why Biff doesn’t recognize Monica when everyone else does (and doesn’t notice when they all refer to her as Monica). You could do this purely through dialogue: Monica could (after she “scares” him) explain that the real Monica paid for plastic surgery and voice lessons so that the real Monica would have a “body double” to handle boring situations or appear in public when Monica wanted to be somewhere else. Biff could explain that he knows where the real Monica is (he thinks she is at the ranch) and that “no one comes back from there.” He would then think that everyone else is fooled by the “Monica double” and the story would be tighter.
  • Add one scene: Monica, stripped and tied to an X-frame or something, with whip marks, as the final scene when she gets caught and sent to the ranch. This is happening enough to make such a “bad end” scene pay off. The bad end scene with Marcus in the jail just isn’t very interesting.
Agree with the end scene thing for ranch, I too was thinking of her naked and ball gagged in a "bad end" to show you failed... I know some people want to actually see story development there, but to me that's gross, it should be a game over screen.

Big Smurf

May 8, 2018
Parently I can't have a desent breakfast cause I can't even find that bitch of a Julia (Governess) so can't leave the house so leaving the game. It looked so nice but if I'm already stuck with breakfast i'm out.

Aug 6, 2017
Im experiencing errors or "an exception has occured" when choosing either of those to Melanie-choices!
anybody got an idea if this is common and/or what I can do? screenshot0141.png

Larry247

Jul 26, 2017
Man, what happened to Christine's face??? She looked great before her plastic surgery.
*cough* Kelly Turner the humbling experience *cough*
Damn you Grey Inu....

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
WTF?! I played the first ever release of the game, She has a husband and married , how come she is a fucking virgin ?
Monica isn't a virgin. Read more carefully. ;) Monica just doesn't like sex, but she said in Ep1 at Marcus, that she had several times sex with her husband. She just doesn't like it.

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
Again can someone please post a high corruption save? Or the console command to add corruption? Grinding 50 is crazy tedious. THanks!

Cherfo

May 18, 2018
Played first episode and had fun...
But in the second episode I am a bit confused.
Is there no "Questlog" and "rollback" anymore?
I applied the 3 "patch folder" in the "game folder" or should I put the files in the "game folder"?

tg

May 1, 2017
Grinding 50 is crazy tedious. THanks!
Funnily enough, I wasn't even trying to grind 50. It wasn't my intention to go into that Friday night with that kind of number at all. But, I happened to go there at 51. Which made all the choices available. This was my first time through.

The only reason I got to 50 though, was because I wasn't sure I needed to get the $5,000 before Friday or not. It didn't make sense that I'd have to do it all in just the one day. I should have had pointers that it was gonna be that way. Anyway, I delayed going to see Dick until Friday, and then got the aim to get $5,000 for next Friday. I Just worked the route until that came and then went over to do the modeling. I didn't find grinding to 50 to be laborious. Maybe my mind just likes ticking away like that.

3.50 star(s) 218 Votes