• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fantia "Non 3D secured credit card" issue

Grayrabbit

Feb 11, 2021
So, from all these years I was able to use my Wells Fargo VISA debit/credit card just fine on any hentai related site like Dlsite, fanbox, fantia and booth until I have to renew both card due to card being stolen.
Soon as my card arrived and try to update my billing information.... some of the sites stop accepting my card claimed that its "non-3d secured".
I was able to get around fanbox and dlsite and booth but .... I'm totally didn't stand a chance on fantia.

Yes, fantia does offer more buying option such as tora coin but I wasn't able to use card with it.
Some user from reddit claimed going threw Chinese site to buy coin but I couldn't manage that since I don't have pay pay.
Besides, getting around Chinese is pain in the ass... Masadora asking for china based phone number only is not helping too.
Also, that Japanese prepaid card vurika seem to be banning every user accessing from over seas.

So, all payment option are out of the question.

Then I contact with my banks and they just have no clue what I'm talking about and some that do scold me that card that I applied are secured.
Lot of customer representative seem to have no clue what "3D Secure" is to begin with....

So... some folk in 4chan told me lot of people having similar issue but I see not much talk going on anywhere.
If anyone from US having or had a same experience, could anyone help me how to solve this?

Is there any credit card or something that I could apply that works with Fantia?
I really need to get to the Fantia because lot of my artist I support only post here and lot others only post their PSD in here only.
Its been 2 month and I dunno how long I'll be left out with this.....

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Lot of customer representative seem to have no clue what "3D Secure" is to begin with....
It's a basic authentication method that exist since around 15 years (at least it's when it appeared for me) that imply a third party when you pay online. Basically speaking it goes like that :
  • From the site where you buy something, you are sent to their bank payment processing where you enter your card credential ;
  • You are then redirected to a validation page owned by your bank ;
  • This validation page authenticate the source (they send information regarding the payment) and either return a direct authorization (if it's a trustworthy site and a small amount) or ask you for a second authentication (generally a number they send you and you've to give them back) ;
  • You're sent back to the original site (through their bank), and are told that your payment have been approved.

It's now enforced by EU regulation, and probably some other countries, what is probably the reason why many sites decided to enforce it by default. After all, they are the ones that have issues after when the payment are fraudulent, and it limit seriously the risk for this to happen.

It's something that , naming it "3D secure" like everyone else. So not only you should have been able to use your card, but also any representative from the bank should known exactly what you are talking about, and just searching "Wells Fargo 3D secure card" led me to their announce page, what mean that you should already knew all that if you really searched some information.

So... some folk in 4chan told me lot of people having similar
Talking about bank and payment issue on 4chan... Seriously guy ?

Reactions: cooldude33

Grayrabbit

Feb 11, 2021
Talking about bank and payment issue on 4chan... Seriously guy ?
Ah, c'mon. It's on Skeb thread on /h/ dose guys are just like me.
Some bloke want it to enjoy good shit, that's all.
At least I'm not stupid enough to take a screenshot on my cards.
Besides, talking about this in F95 might be still stupid yes but I figure I might run it to more heavy fantia and fonbox users who had similar problem here than reddit or 4chan anyway. ...... at least I hope.

Anyway, I already know what it is about 3D Secure is.
Thing is, some CS guys are looking at me like crazy because suppository 3D secure is come with any visa card regardless.
What I found out today is phone number that's register to VISA(not bunk) was outdated so one of CS guy are able to update that for me.
That's a start. Fantia still declining my fucking card however tho.
Apparently I need to wait for VISA to issue new code with current phone number it seems.
I need to way for day or two to make sure update are due on VISA account.... until then, I'm still gonna be continue seeking advice

Last edited:

WaifuWatergate

Jul 5, 2022
Ah, c'mon. It's on Skeb thread on /h/ dose guys are just like me.
Some bloke want it to enjoy good shit, that's all.
At least I'm not stupid enough to take a screenshot on my cards.
Besides, talking about this in F95 might be still stupid yes but I figure I might run it to more heavy fantia and fonbox users who had similar problem here than reddit or 4chan anyway. ...... at least I hope.

Anyway, I already know what it is about 3D Secure is.
Thing is, some CS guys are looking at me like crazy because suppository 3D secure is come with any visa card regardless.
What I found out today is phone number that's register to VISA(not bunk) was outdated so one of CS guy are able to update that for me.
That's a start. Fantia still declining my fucking card however tho.
Apparently I need to wait for VISA to issue new code with current phone number it seems.
I need to way for day or two to make sure update are due on VISA account.... until then, I'm still gonna be continue seeking advice
Any updates?
My VISA debit card isn't accepted either. I had to remove my old card and input my new card information.
It worked just fine when I added my old card a year or two ago, but now Fantia doesn't accept the new card.
International transactions should not be the problem, I have used this new card on Amiami and DLsite without any issues.
I am living in Europe so that secure transaction thing should not be a problem either.
Prolly gonna try to send a DeepL'd message to Fantia support.

emberceapa

Apr 7, 2019
Any update, same problem. Old card worked, new card doesn't, I even tried cards from different banks, both visa, and mastercard. Also tried with masadora, apparently oversea clients can't buy tora coins, heck not even use the site, only the mobile app. Also wrote to support on fantia, now answer. Any ideas?

WaifuWatergate

Jul 5, 2022
Well, I did receive a response. Not a very helpful one. There was the usual yada yada about contacting the card issuer to make sure that 3D secure 2.0 is enabled, but I noticed something. Here's the DeepL:

Currently, only credit cards that support [3D Secure 2.0] can be registered for credit card use at FANTIA.
Please note that only credit cards that are compatible with 3D Secure 2.0 can be registered for use on FANTIA.

Please note that some credit cards may not be compatible with FANTIA's system.
Original line in Japanese
ご利用のクレジットカードによっては、ファンティアのシステムに対応していない場合がございます。

So they are pretty much admitting that their shit is fucked and they can't be bothered to fix it. The Japanese can get around these issues with their other local payment methods but foreigners can go suck a dick. It would probably cost too much to implement a system that works around the globe compared to the revenue it would generate.

Fantia is so fucking broken. I even had trouble when I tried choosing the card issuer because it would only show 5 options at a time, I would have to keep retrying until it showed the right issuer and then I would get denied. Fuck Fantia.

Reactions: cooldude33

emberceapa

Apr 7, 2019
Crap, those are not good news, but thanks for the update anyway. Maybe I will try to talk with the artist and suggest also to use an alternative site. Still shit, as many artists are just on fantia, and won't even bother to make an alternative one. Still tough, if somehow resolves, give an update pls. I will also do so, if something comes up.

emberceapa

Apr 7, 2019
By the way, how did you find out that they have responded? Message section of fantia, or an email notification, or somehow else? Because this is also not clear, on their site. Thanks!

WaifuWatergate

Jul 5, 2022
I sent a message to Fantia support through their site and they then contacted me by email.

On a brighter note, I bought a local prepaid Mastercard, loaded it up with like 20 euros and it worked flawlessly because ???.
If there's something similar available near you it's worth a try. It's a bandaid solution, but still better than nothing. It's still ridiculous that my main method of payment has just stopped working for seemingly no reason.

Jhereg2193

Sep 4, 2022
Found that thread after my card was declined..
I bought a local prepaid Mastercard, loaded it up with like 20 euros and it worked flawlessly
Local as in local japanese, or local (some other country that you live in? ) I tried japanece visa prepaiv V Preca gives same error as my personal CC.

tl;dr Credit Mastercard, Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit, another MasterCard got declined. All of those issued in EU. So now seeking another way to pay for my membership until they terminate it.

ironik

Jan 27, 2017
tried with VPN, not working with all my cards... Why don't they want our money bruh

Adachi Aqua

Sep 9, 2017
I bought a v-preca from playasia, activated it on v-preca site which can be translated to english and then added the card to my account, you can then use that to buy the coins on tora coin, its really annoying but it works

Jhereg2193

Sep 4, 2022
A little update. Paying on fantia through vpn and with revolut card (premium subscription, not sure if it necessary) WORKS!!
p.s. You can buy only toracoins using this method no subscriptions as of now.

RandoK22

Dec 17, 2019
A little update. Paying on fantia through vpn and with revolut card (premium subscription, not sure if it necessary) WORKS!!
p.s. You can buy only toracoins using this method no subscriptions as of now.
Doesn't seem to work for me, nor does another service called Privacy.com. I'm using the free version of both so not sure if the card holder name is what's causing the issue or VPN.

I just want to pay for the fucking content and yet Japan makes me jump through hoops to give them my damn money.