VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters Remastered [v0.2] [Pingpanda]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

sipi

Sep 24, 2017
good game ,but hate this, all developer make good game then make remaster then not finish

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
Isn’t this like the 4th time remaking this game, which was never even completed in the 1st place?

D

Deleted member 1050319

More Sounds and Music?
It was brought to my attention about sounds within the game.
Aside from bumping into Amy in the corridor, knocking on doors and getting changed there isn't really much in terms of sound effects.
So I was thinking in v0.3 of DD and v0.2 of FMR about adding some news sounds.
With FMR it'll mostly be background music and that kind of thing.
But with DD it'll be with almost every interaction, like if you click to go through a door it'll play a little sound of a door opening/closing, if you click on the laptop it'll play a little beep boop type sound as if the laptop is loading up.
What do you guys think?
ADD THE SOUNDS! 33%

IT'S FINE AS IS! 67%
3 votes total:14 days left

Reactions: RWaites Jnr

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
The save menu has no load button. I am too tired of this shit. There is NO GOOD REASON for disabling the menu buttons or the Rollback. Save Scumming is how you play salami games. They do not have enough content to warrant a second play through!
There is no need for a load button within the save screen, if you want to load then just click the load button on the menu.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
There is no need for a load button within the save screen, if you want to load then just click the load button on the menu.
The same menu i can only access at the start of the game, which forces me to restart the entire program every time i want to fork / load my game? Am i missing essential features here?
Because the standard ren'py options menu is absent, when i 'right-click'. I cannot even end the program without using the the OS Gui or Command Line. For clarity:
1) The GAME requires OS level NOT program level input to END the program and
2) RESTART of the program is the only way to load /continue the game.

You do not reconnect the engine every time you want to start your car. That is what key and ignition are for.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
The same menu i can only access at the start of the game, which forces me to restart the entire program every time i want to fork / load my game? Am i missing essential features here?
Because the standard ren'py options menu is absent, when i 'right-click'. I cannot even end the program without using the the OS Gui or Command Line. For clarity:
1) The GAME requires OS level NOT program level input to END the program and
2) RESTART of the program is the only way to load /continue the game.

You do not reconnect the engine every time you want to start your car. That is what key and ignition are for.
I must admit I'm a little confused with what you're saying, if you're in game and want to load, save, exit or go back to the main menu just press ESC and all the options are there, no need to use your OS to close the game.

D

Deleted member 1050319

Plot Release Later Today!
So it occurred to me that I've not really released a detailed plot about the game what what each goal for the characters is.
On F95 it says for DD:
" The game is about a charity worker who strives to be more, it is up to you to help he become what he has always dreamed of...you'll also have to help a few female friend's with there story's to: "
And for FMR:
"You live with your mother and sister. How the relationship will evolve is up to you"
Both don't really offer any insight into the game or what your main goal is throughout.
Later today I'll be posting a full brief as to what each character is about and what your main goal as the MC is for each game

D

Deleted member 1050319

Unlocked
Tomorrow...
( )
Tomorrow I'll be releasing the comic for all patrons.
I'm a little behind as per usual as I never plan how long somethings going to take me and I've only just gotten round to added all the text into it but I hope to have it ready for release at around 6pm

D

Deleted member 1050319

I want to quickly let you all know about what'll be happening with me and the games going into 2019.
First off, production is going to be ramp up, I plan on getting 2 "micro" machines ( mini PC's ) and running Shadow on each of them, doing this will allow me to render x3 as fast as I can right now.
I also plan on hiring a writer, someone to better explain the story I'm trying to tell.
The issue with all this is though, the page hasn't grown as I would have liked and all of this is due to me and the restarts, I know this and it's why I now have a strict no restart policy :p
However, due to the page not growing as I would have hoped, I need to also look elsewhere for an income as I have family and pets that rely on me financially.
Which is why in the start of 2019 I'll be looking for a part time job to do along side the game.
This shouldn't effect the production of the game once I get the 2 micro machines though.
Just wanted to update ya'll on the plans =]

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
3 similar games and we have more or less the same ending so far, i hope this one is the last "restart one" and we finally can see progress of the story! it's a pity, because i liked the first game very much and don't understand why the (imo bad) changes in this version. maybe the dev hasn't more ideas to continue the story? i hope i'm wrong with this!

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes