• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Family Faring and are VN Games art?

VN Games are just games or works of art?

• Total voters

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Looks mid.
Also looks like DAZ. Being an artist is hard, but I wouldn't call posing pre-made models and render them as making art, more like repurposing art made by other people.
And all that "Think about the art that goes in them as well as the story line and plots in them, they are a work of art..." thing. You can call any game art then, not just VNs. Almost every game consists of different works of art. 3D art, 2D art, music, writing e.t.c
But what VNs defiantly aren't - games. At least most of them, that have no gameplay whatsoever, it's just more of like a book with pictures in it, and interactivity only trough choices you can make that affect the story, but real books did that too, it's called "Choose Your Own Adventure Books" or something. Some of VNs have minigames i guess, but it doesn't really matter, you can put a sudoku or crossword in a book, it still will be a book, not a game.
Good point and yes I remember "Choose Your Own Adventure Books", although not many VN's are like "Choose Your Own Adventure Books". I'd say about 90% of them have 2-3 endings and are very linear, unlike "Choose Your Own Adventure Books" that have very different stories based on your choice and many possible endings. I remember one had 20 odd endings, wish I kept the book.... So hard to find them now, collectors pieces.

So maybe instead of VN game it should be "Choose Your Own Adventure VN"?

Reactions: bethrezen0

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Believe it or not a founded in the early 2000s trademarked the term, even though I remember CYOA books from the 80s or 90s. Worst part is even Chrysler and Netflix settled out of court when slapped with lawsuits.

It's one of those weird situations where money didn't win the day, but at the same time the wrong side won (IMO obviously, not a lawyer).
LOL wow thanks for that fact!

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Hmm, interesting. and absolutely believable knowing how weird all this copyright/trademark crap is. Though i never understood the point of these trademark laws, from my point of view they do more harm then good. You can't name "something" as what it is, because some dude claimed this word or combination of words or even a concept as his own only. Like the time creator of minecraft and bethesda had some legal argument over the name of a game "Scrolls" the game never seen the light of day, but skyrim had an easter egg in form of "notched pickaxe". Or Ubisoft who patented the game mechanic of enemies that remember your previous encounter or some stuff. The feature from Shadow of Mordor game, the so called "Nemesis system". Such a corpo bullshit.
Trademarks are an international way for someone or company to protect their intellectual property from other using it to make money form it... So a word or logo that is trade marked then you own the right (all rights) to use it and no one else. Walkman is a trade mark of Sony and I remember the fuss when other companies sold a Walkman and Sony sued them as they had trademarked the wording.

Society is just messed up when money and greed is involved....

Reactions: bethrezen0

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
AFAICT the Scrolls matter more or less amicably and Mojang was allowed to use the name. If the game didn't get released it was for another reason. Don't want to take the thread any further off-topic so I'm not gonna comment on the rest. ;)
You should start you own page with all the interesting facts you seem to have and please get off topic, learning new things is never a bad thing in my books.
Thanks again for the interesting post!

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
I found it and I played it when it was in its Episode 4. Here are my impressions:

1- I liked it gave options for the player, you are not forced into a scene you don't want the MC to take part.
2- I found the girls attractive, both the older ones and the younger ones.
3- Animations could be better, some parts of the characters remain static and they should be moving.
4- Overall better than most games in their early stages. Keep up the good work!
Pass it on the dev I've been trying to get them to keep the dev. I have been waiting on a new version for a while and well... still at V5 which is still at $10

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
The dev drastically change the game soon and makes the loli more a "adult" than just a child. Maybe we have a chance that the upcoming episode 7 will be approved here.

klmr585

Jul 23, 2020
rework is done for ep1 wich is out now. it should now no longer be banned here, or am i wrong? :unsure: