VN Ren'Py Family Comes First [v0.1] [GiftUmpAces]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Looks interesting, though the girl in the first image looks as if she has a cold ;)

BTW, you could shrink this down considerably if you used webp for images instead of png...

Reactions: FLESHNIK

Trivieum

Nov 10, 2022
I never understood the impregnation fetish when it comes to incest tbh. Personally the reason I really love incest is because it gives me those childhood best friend vibes just dialled to the extreme, you grew up together your whole life and it grew into love, I dig those kind of love stories exactly the same way I dig stories about falling in love with your childhood best friend. But there are actually people for whom the main drive is increased chances of birth defects.
Haha, while impregnation + incest in real life is pretty ick... Games and other mediums of entertainment are fantasy. They don't always need to reflect real world values or consequences. If they did, a good majority of AVNs would be 'cancelled' on principle. You seem to prefer the more innocent takes on the perks of incest. The already established bonds and long history. That's cool, and most fans of the genre agree. A lot of fans are drawn to the genre because of the taboo aspect, obviously. Forbidden fruit. The impregnation possibility is just another taboo scenario 'dialed to the extreme'. What could be more forbidden? Games allow this to play out without there being any possible consequences like having to worry about birth defects. Obviously impregnation fetishes have multiple reasons for being turn-ons for people. Some see it as getting a happy ending with a love interest. Some see it as an alpha-chad move of 'conquering a female entirely'. What ever floats their boats right?

It can be pretty annoying when people beg for their fetishes to be satisfied in every single game. Equally as annoying when they feel the need to put down games for failing to meet their check lists. I've played a lot of games that didn't tick every one of my boxes and most of them have been fun. The only time I've put games down is when they fail to tell a good story. Or managed to disturb me somehow with more extreme fetishes or just honestly messed up scenarios that are just too dark for my tastes haha.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
incest in real life is pretty ick...
Eh, I disagree, so long as it is consensual adults, I don't see any issues.

A lot of fans are drawn to the genre because of the taboo aspect, obviously. Forbidden fruit.
Although I really don't judge anyone for their fetishes this would be the part I don't necessarily understand because:

They don't always need to reflect real world values or consequences. If they did, a good majority of AVNs would be 'cancelled' on principle.
See, I would love it if all my fetishes were totally normal so that they wouldn't be cancelled and I could discuss them openly outside of specific communities, I like what I like regardless of whether it is taboo or not.

What ever floats their boats right?
Yeah totally, to each their own. I just wonder if tomorrow incest stopped being taboo socially such people would stop liking incest.

CaballeroOne

May 18, 2018
Please Dev. I say: please and please again Dev.
Consider deliver us animated sex scenes. Your chick models [I mean, the sisters :love::love::love: ] are hot as fuck, so your game will increase its added value.
Best regards and good luck!

Reactions: GaGumps

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Family Comes First [v0.1] [Giftedxace]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
Nice and congrats on your first release!

The suspense kept me invested. I hope you can fix the pacing of the game though!

By that, I meant that sometimes some frames are unclickable and then when they are and I misclick, I dont get to read the skipped dialogue because there's no rollback button.

Will be keeping an eye on this!

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
I never understood the impregnation fetish when it comes to incest tbh. Personally the reason I really love incest is because it gives me those childhood best friend vibes just dialled to the extreme, you grew up together your whole life and it grew into love, I dig those kind of love stories exactly the same way I dig stories about falling in love with your childhood best friend. But there are actually people for whom the main drive is increased chances of birth defects.
A lot has been said on this subject, and I mostly agree with it all. However, as someone who has had children born of incest, I'd like to state that there is absolutely no increased chance of birth defects with single-generational incest pregnancies. If my children, who are the result of sibling incest, decided to have a baby together, that baby would have a ~0.25% chance of birth defects. The average chance for birth defects, without incest, is ~0.2%, so an increase of only ~0.05%. It takes many generations of consistent incest before statistically significant increases in birth defect chances appear.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
dev, please chill with pauses, there are just too many, your transitions not that long or that complex to shove so many hard pauses

also, consider adding textbox opacity so people from either camps won't complain -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: GaGumps

GaGumps

Formerly 'Giftedxace'
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Looks interesting, though the girl in the first image looks as if she has a cold ;)

BTW, you could shrink this down considerably if you used webp for images instead of png...
Good call! Will most likely be doing this if the quality drop isn't too bad.

Last edited:

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
A lot has been said on this subject, and I mostly agree with it all. However, as someone who has had children born of incest, I'd like to state that there is absolutely no increased chance of birth defects with single-generational incest pregnancies. If my children, who are the result of sibling incest, decided to have a baby together, that baby would have a ~0.25% chance of birth defects. The average chance for birth defects, without incest, is ~0.2%, so an increase of only ~0.05%. It takes many generations of consistent incest before statistically significant increases in birth defect chances appear.
I read different numbers, which are still not as great as people think. So the general birth defect rate is around 3% and close relative incest increases that probability by about 100%, which results in about 6% chance, which is not really that high, it is 94% chance that everything will still be fine, but it goes higher with more consecutive incest generations. Where did you get your numbers?

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
I read different numbers, which are still not as great as people think. So the general birth defect rate is around 3% and close relative incest increases that probability by about 100%, which results in about 6% chance, which is not really that high, it is 94% chance that everything will still be fine, but it goes higher with more consecutive incest generations. Where did you get your numbers?
The numbers I gave were from several reproductive endocrinologists that we consulted before deciding to start trying to get pregnant. If I recall correctly, the studies they referenced excluded defects of no consequence, which is the majority. Your numbers likely came from a study that included benign defects that, outside of a study, would never even be detected or noticed.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes