VN Ren'Py Family Comes First [v0.1] [GiftUmpAces]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Skipping disabled in splashscreen and start so UnRen-forall force enable skipping of unseen text doesn't work.
the text speed bar does nothing (maxxing it out doesn't make the text instant) + skip option just doesn't exist
I'm kinda new to this all, can you explain what that means? Im happy to fix it if it's an issue for most
The best way to fix that is to stop changing Renpy defaults. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others don't want to.

The text speed is one of two things: either you've changed the max speed in the overall settings (a very bad idea)
OR... you've set the speed manually for each line of dialogue (an even worse idea)
Believe it or not, many of us can read much faster than even the slightest text delay and it's aggravating as Hell. I don't have to use a 300 baud modem anymore so I don't want to see the text scrolling as if I am.

Now... tell me who beat up the girl in the banner so I can nail them to the wall.
The red nose and eyes are injuries, right? It's for sure not normal.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
the game hasn't even gotten past the first release and the pregnant beggers have already arrived
I never understood the impregnation fetish when it comes to incest tbh. Personally the reason I really love incest is because it gives me those childhood best friend vibes just dialled to the extreme, you grew up together your whole life and it grew into love, I dig those kind of love stories exactly the same way I dig stories about falling in love with your childhood best friend. But there are actually people for whom the main drive is increased chances of birth defects.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
:LOL: That was Day 1 when I was first figuring the engine out. I'm gonna go back and rework those scenes while I make chapter 2.
Haha, don't bother man. It's not necessary, I was just making a lame joke. No-one expects realistic images when you are using Koikatsu.

You would be better to spend the same energy making more new content.

Repeat after me everyone: Rework is BAD! Rework is BAD!

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The text speed is one of two things: either you've changed the max speed in the overall settings (a very bad idea)
OR... you've set the speed manually for each line of dialogue (an even worse idea)
Believe it or not, many of us can read much faster than even the slightest text delay and it's aggravating as Hell. I don't have to use a 300 baud modem anymore so I don't want to see the text scrolling as if I am.
It's definitely the second, narration and thoughts follow the text speed setting, dialogue comes out at the same speed no matter what you set it to in settings. I tried changing the text speed bar to its lowest value and dialogue still comes out just as fast.
The skipping I can live with, no idea why a dev would disable it but it only really matters for replays. The text speed is extremely grating though. I reflexively click as soon as I've read everything so every piece of dialogue I end up rolling back to after.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
This is a visual novel that delves deep into the intricate dynamics of family bonds and the mysteries that lie beneath the surface. You play as the MC alongside your two sisters, Emily and Sarah. Your parents have just left for vacation, leaving you alone for freedom and fun. However, unforeseen events lead to a series of challenges that will test your relationships and uncover long-buried secrets.
Unforeseen events lead me to fix the overview. :sneaky:

Looks pretty good.
Thanks. Giftedxace :giggle:

• Hey there
Reactions: Zemax

humanjelloman

Jul 2, 2020
Liking the start, but max text speed bar really needs to be instant text this crawling text thing drives me nuts and takes forever to read.

GaGumps

Formerly 'Giftedxace'
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Hey everyone, the hotfix is currently uploading. now uploaded.

Quick menu has been added,
Skipping text + Text Speed has been fixed (It wasn't intended to never skip text, just already read text). I goofed that one bad and screwed up the text speed as a result, but that has been fixed too. Thanks for the feedback!

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Haha, don't bother man. It's not necessary, I was just making a lame joke. No-one expects realistic images when you are using Koikatsu.

You would be better to spend the same energy making more new content.

Repeat after me everyone: Rework is BAD! Rework is BAD!
Might make sense if he was actually using Koi. This game is made in HS2. :p

Reactions: Chris2041
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes