3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Love the game! I enjoyed it alot!

Keep up the great work!

I just wanted to report a small bug:
When equipping 'Poisonous Cane of Life' together with 'Mastercrafted Pistol of Life', when in combat and shooting with the pistol, it gives an error :)

Thanks and looking forwards to the next update!
Hmm, any chance you send me your save files? It has been raised earlier as well so I tested this but for me pistols worked just fine.

U

User_10739

NameError: name 'povname' is not defined...

Fixed with povname = u'insertyournamehere' (i.e. Tom, Dick, Harry...)

Aug 16, 2017
I loaded an older save from previous release and went for an easy dungeon....before I was killing everything and even though getting bled when not taking dmg...it was so little dmg that I could go awhile without needing to patchup.

this time I didn't even make it past round 2 with the same character and even with taking no dmg I was still bled by a wolf 3 times in no time at all and died. my health dropped way faster than before this release and even after using a bandage I was bled the very next move. bit of a contrast considering I was doing hard dungeons without trouble before.

just thought it worth a mention before I go back and try again with a re-adjustment in playing style

Reactions: Canto Forte

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Loaded save and first time I talked to Moira.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Would it be possible to send me the save file? It is rather strange.
Afaik, povname is not a built-in renpy variable and I'm quite sure that it is not defined in the code explicitly. I need to check the save files, to find out more about this.

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I loaded an older save from previous release and went for an easy dungeon....before I was killing everything and even though getting bled when not taking dmg...it was so little dmg that I could go awhile without needing to patchup.

this time I didn't even make it past round 2 with the same character and even with taking no dmg I was still bled by a wolf 3 times in no time at all and died. my health dropped way faster than before this release and even after using a bandage I was bled the very next move. bit of a contrast considering I was doing hard dungeons without trouble before.

just thought it worth a mention before I go back and try again with a re-adjustment in playing style
Interesting. Just to clarify, there were no ninja updates, everything is listed in patch notes.
On the other hand, skills are shared and most of the enemies have similar same skillset as the player. So skill changes can affect their behaviour.
Wolves however are an exception to this, their skills are unique and should be the same as before.

Let me know if you keep experiencing this and we will look into that.

Ente Supremo

Jul 10, 2017
@Alteus, I was just yesterday playing 0.4 and had a good couple of hours having fun with ur game, i was going to ask if the level cap was raised and i see in the OP that it was, so no questions from me, just keep up the good work, ur game already shows some good mechanics, different combat approachs, good renders, so many different and trainable non combat abilitties, alot of loot and an interesting story so far, mostly enigmatic, all good things in my book... i'd like to see where this is going... Cheers!

Reactions: Alteus

TraumFabriK

Apr 3, 2018
Blunt weapons + sweep trivialize the game too much, better add some blunt resistance on the mobs;
both Mines of Zmunda andd Catacomb of Lysh drops way too many grey items while on mediumd they don't;
selling stuff to get money is a PITA especially if you quick farm with sweep on hard maps;

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Not necessarily. I went with a mixed, Dex-focused build and it works like a charm. 2 out of 3 mobs die before they even manage to get a hit in, and that's turn 1.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Hey dev! Love your game a lot, already posted a review and pledged to the cause <3.
Thank you very much for the review!
Seeing that people enjoy our game is really what keep us moving forward.
Currently time is our greatest enemy. We do have a lot of idea on new and interesting story and gameplay elements, making these happen is what we need time for.

Blunt weapons + sweep trivialize the game too much, better add some blunt resistance on the mobs;
both Mines of Zmunda andd Catacomb of Lysh drops way too many grey items while on mediumd they don't;
selling stuff to get money is a PITA especially if you quick farm with sweep on hard maps;
Blunt may seem overpowered at the moment but as we continue to add different dungeon types this may shift.
When we are brainstorming on the game balance, I am usually very cautious on changing the resistance. The reason for this is the effect on the gaming experience. No one would like to see their mighty weapon's damage reduced to a mediocre number just because of some hardcoded resistance values.
I would rather buff than nerf, that's why we've improved some of the other weapon type skills in this patch for example.

Also, I think I am not spolering when I say that one of the future gameplay addition we are thinking about is something which will let the players personalize their skills in different ways. Stay tuned! :)

The merchant's money cap is on our radar, we already have an idea, just need to add that to the game.

Alteus

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
I like that you can mess around with the MC builds to deal with different types of enemy, in fact you have to. Looking forward to the next level of kit coming out and developing the story further. I do hope there are plans for the headmistress and other secondary characters as well as the more mainline story characters. Nice to see the trader beginning to develop. Looks interesting.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes