3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Some hints for those who are still going to play or are having difficulty fighting:
- Farm is always the way in rpg games like this. You don't need to try high-levels dungeons in the begin. Farm itens and respect.
this little part cant be said enough in these types of games. 25+ yrs of rpg gaming under my belt. I had a blast with this and cant wait for the update. I really cant add anything that hasnt already been brought up.

Lustgaming

Jan 28, 2018
this little part cant be said enough in these types of games. 25+ yrs of rpg gaming under my belt. I had a blast with this and cant wait for the update. I really cant add anything that hasnt already been brought up.
I also hope for the next updates. And the distribution of attribute points does justice, because I gave a boost in my dexterity to my future rogue. :pokerFace:

anschwww

May 10, 2017
I've never seen a successful adult game based Patreon without a $1 or $2 tier.
;)

but u are right.
i don't pay for the game, i pay the creator for the good work. and i prefer to start with a small amount and raising it, if the creator does great work.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Epholos

Dec 15, 2017
;)

but u are right.
i don't pay for the game, i pay the creator for the good work. and i prefer to start with a small amount and raising it, if the creator does great work.
It is better to not pledge at first and rather have few pledges with higher amounts instead of having 1$ over 20 patreons. You have good intentions but every transaction costs money so one 2$ transaction is worth more then two 1$ transaction.

Rusty11

Feb 25, 2018
Honed weapons (higher minimal damage) don't seem to work for some reason. When using a Honed Blade with 3-5 damage range, basic slash attack still does 2-4 damage which is the same as with starting Blade weapon.

PoisonJames

May 6, 2017
It is better to not pledge at first and rather have few pledges with higher amounts instead of having 1$ over 20 patreons. You have good intentions but every transaction costs money so one 2$ transaction is worth more then two 1$ transaction.
Costs who more? My understanding is that Patreon reverted to their flat 5% take after the fiasco they caused with their attempted change.

Reactions: waffel

Sun Quan

Oct 10, 2017
Played this for quite a while last night and my overall impression is: GRINDY.

Don't get me wrong, I feel this is a good game but you will spend most of it in one dungeon or the other grinding away. Currently it appears that the level is capped at 4, so even though it says you're getting xp, all you're really getting after you hit the cap is money and items. The money needed to learn all of the available skills is far beyond the xp needed to get to cap, so I imagine they're only in for later content and it's not currently balanced.

In the beginning I mostly stuck with the orc dungeon and had a lot of issues with staying alive. Reputation is shared and zombies are annoying in the beginning of the game with their poison, so it was the better choice. The learning curve at the beginning of the game is steep and as a cautious player I felt compelled to do Skirmishes longer than I probably had to. The NPCs tell you to check the Merchant every day for new equipment and, in the beginning of the game, I heartily concur! You will want better stuff than will drop in dungeons when you're first starting. Pretty much discovered through dying a lot that equipping a decent knife and getting as much blunt and unarmed resistance as possible is the key to surviving lower levels. Shield orcs are incredibly resistant to unarmed (knuckle weapons) and only slightly less so to slashing, yet they go down like a slutty prom date if you bleed them. Using a shield and Cover every time it's down combined with decent blunt / unarmed resistance keeps you alive while the punchy orcs hit you and kindly build up your Rage meter for you. At a certain point I got a Baton of Speed and basically the whole game got incredibly easy (but still horribly grindy). Use a good Baton (mace, wand, whatever) and stack as much strength as you can and everything dies pretty much before it can hit you, especially skeletons. Once I got a good baton, trained 8 points into STR, and stacked STR+ items, I stopped using Cover altogether and could clear Hard dungeons without hardly even getting hit. One Swipe takes out two to three mobs in a single hit. No more need for potions or any other type of weapon, really.

Stats at this point of the game seem kinda negligible beyond STR. I put a couple of points into INT, DEX, and CON but in all honesty the benefits are hardly noticeable and can easily be offset with later level weapon and armor stats. I'd say putting 4 points into STR per level and 1 into whatever else you want is the way to go. When you train skills it's in increments of 10, so an extra point or three makes little difference, making INT kinda useless. Extra HPs are good, so CON is a decent choice. Macewandrods are really slow, so putting the extra points into DEX couldn't hurt, either.

Skills are a mixed bag at this point. They're needed to unlock sex scenes, so I imagine they'll become much more useful in the future, but right now the only ones that have a use are Perception (up to about 50-60), Persuasion (only for one later unlocked scene), Lockpicking (up to about 20-30), and Stealth (up to about 40-50 for peeping). I found the whole process of discovering the levels of a skill needed pretty... annoying. You get to watch a scene, then half way through it, you're told that your Stealth level isn't high enough to see the rest. Not a cool way to do it. Would have been much better if it had told me in the very beginning of the scene that I'd need Stealth 40 or something so I wouldn't have to stop half way in and be irritated. As far as I can tell there's no real use for the Seduction and Crystallize skills you can learn at night yet but I trained them anyway. Crystallize lets you get more crystals from mobs but, since you only have a use for the first 150, I had a ton stockpiled by the time I stopped playing. Probably find a use for them later. Supposedly the cap for skills is 100 but I got a few of them to 113 or so, so it's probably bugged.

The storyline so far is sparse, more hinting at things to come and foreshadowing than anything else. You're told to do a few things and meet two people who tell you to do other stuff, and more hints to the story are given when you find crystals and go back to the hut, but that's all there really is so far. What's there is interesting enough, it's just not a big part of the game yet.

The renderings are by far the best feature of this game. The mobs, orcs, wolves, skeletons, and zombies, are pretty cool and decently varied but after the thousandth time seeing them while grinding away I found myself boring of them quickly. The NPC character models and the outfits they wear, however, are gorgeous and the posing, expressions, and sex scenes are very hot. Sadly, there's not a lot of the latter, and some of them are kinda... random and don't involve you much if at all. What's there is very nice, though. I'm an especially big fan of the High Priestess, every aspect of her.

This review turned out a lot longer than I was planning... oh well. If you felt like reading this far, you'll have a decent grasp of what the game has to offer. I, personally, am going to keep an eye on it but I might consider waiting another two to three releases to get more content in it before I'll try it again. It's a good game but it needs a little balancing and a lot more content other than grinding to make it more appealing. Definitely better than a lot of other games with similar premises.

Reactions: dav121 and botc76

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Played this for quite a while last night and my overall impression is: GRINDY.

Don't get me wrong, I feel this is a good game but you will spend most of it in one dungeon or the other grinding away. Currently it appears that the level is capped at 4, so even though it says you're getting xp, all you're really getting after you hit the cap is money and items. The money needed to learn all of the available skills is far beyond the xp needed to get to cap, so I imagine they're only in for later content and it's not currently balanced.

In the beginning I mostly stuck with the orc dungeon and had a lot of issues with staying alive. Reputation is shared and zombies are annoying in the beginning of the game with their poison, so it was the better choice. The learning curve at the beginning of the game is steep and as a cautious player I felt compelled to do Skirmishes longer than I probably had to. The NPCs tell you to check the Merchant every day for new equipment and, in the beginning of the game, I heartily concur! You will want better stuff than will drop in dungeons when you're first starting. Pretty much discovered through dying a lot that equipping a decent knife and getting as much blunt and unarmed resistance as possible is the key to surviving lower levels. Shield orcs are incredibly resistant to unarmed (knuckle weapons) and only slightly less so to slashing, yet they go down like a slutty prom date if you bleed them. Using a shield and Cover every time it's down combined with decent blunt / unarmed resistance keeps you alive while the punchy orcs hit you and kindly build up your Rage meter for you. At a certain point I got a Baton of Speed and basically the whole game got incredibly easy (but still horribly grindy). Use a good Baton (mace, wand, whatever) and stack as much strength as you can and everything dies pretty much before it can hit you, especially skeletons. Once I got a good baton, trained 8 points into STR, and stacked STR+ items, I stopped using Cover altogether and could clear Hard dungeons without hardly even getting hit. One Swipe takes out two to three mobs in a single hit. No more need for potions or any other type of weapon, really.

Stats at this point of the game seem kinda negligible beyond STR. I put a couple of points into INT, DEX, and CON but in all honesty the benefits are hardly noticeable and can easily be offset with later level weapon and armor stats. I'd say putting 4 points into STR per level and 1 into whatever else you want is the way to go. When you train skills it's in increments of 10, so an extra point or three makes little difference, making INT kinda useless. Extra HPs are good, so CON is a decent choice. Macewandrods are really slow, so putting the extra points into DEX couldn't hurt, either.

Skills are a mixed bag at this point. They're needed to unlock sex scenes, so I imagine they'll become much more useful in the future, but right now the only ones that have a use are Perception (up to about 50-60), Persuasion (only for one later unlocked scene), Lockpicking (up to about 20-30), and Stealth (up to about 40-50 for peeping). I found the whole process of discovering the levels of a skill needed pretty... annoying. You get to watch a scene, then half way through it, you're told that your Stealth level isn't high enough to see the rest. Not a cool way to do it. Would have been much better if it had told me in the very beginning of the scene that I'd need Stealth 40 or something so I wouldn't have to stop half way in and be irritated. As far as I can tell there's no real use for the Seduction and Crystallize skills you can learn at night yet but I trained them anyway. Crystallize lets you get more crystals from mobs but, since you only have a use for the first 150, I had a ton stockpiled by the time I stopped playing. Probably find a use for them later. Supposedly the cap for skills is 100 but I got a few of them to 113 or so, so it's probably bugged.

The storyline so far is sparse, more hinting at things to come and foreshadowing than anything else. You're told to do a few things and meet two people who tell you to do other stuff, and more hints to the story are given when you find crystals and go back to the hut, but that's all there really is so far. What's there is interesting enough, it's just not a big part of the game yet.

The renderings are by far the best feature of this game. The mobs, orcs, wolves, skeletons, and zombies, are pretty cool and decently varied but after the thousandth time seeing them while grinding away I found myself boring of them quickly. The NPC character models and the outfits they wear, however, are gorgeous and the posing, expressions, and sex scenes are very hot. Sadly, there's not a lot of the latter, and some of them are kinda... random and don't involve you much if at all. What's there is very nice, though. I'm an especially big fan of the High Priestess, every aspect of her.

This review turned out a lot longer than I was planning... oh well. If you felt like reading this far, you'll have a decent grasp of what the game has to offer. I, personally, am going to keep an eye on it but I might consider waiting another two to three releases to get more content in it before I'll try it again. It's a good game but it needs a little balancing and a lot more content other than grinding to make it more appealing. Definitely better than a lot of other games with similar premises.
Thanks for your review Sun Quan!

Obviously we are only at the beginning of our road of development, I will post our planned roadmap asap, so you can see where we are heading to.
Grinding - It is a tricky one, at the beginning we had to make a choice, we could have postponed the release to include some extra elements to the dungeons (like skill usage, non-combat encounters, etc.) or release it in its current state. We have decided to release it, in order to get early feedbacks. So, there are some plan to improve on this, however I must say grinding still have to be part of the game at some level.
Skill scenes - Similar situation here, we wanted to reward skill progression gradually, instead of just putting the maximum requirement for the full scene. Your point is valid though, we can add an indicator on the max levels required somewhere.
Renders - Thanks for the comment, glad you liked them. I was curious to get a feedback on their quality.

Thanks again.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Again i will state that GRINDING in this kind of game is normal. And if you dont like it then it is probably not for you. Now not saying the poster above was complaining about it but he wasnt not complaining about it either. Got interupted so havent been able to play all of the game to the current end of content but i do like what i have played so far.

Reactions: Reese286 and Alteus

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Where is the fun in having to go through the same few fights again and again?
I hate farming and grinding so much, especially if it's right from the start.

At least in a modern action-rpg the fights are entertaining, this here is just a chore.

Don't get me wrong, I love old-style rpg's Pillars of Eternity Wasteland 2 and all, but this bores me to death.
There's nothing rewarding about this.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Yes it was grindy at the beginning, but then it began to pick up as the MC started to train his skills and there was other stuff to do. I stopped once I hit level 4 as that seems to be where the cap is. Trained the perception, persuasion, lockpicking and stealth. I do kinda like the staged use of skills as you train the skill to get something done and don't end up spending your cash training a skill beyond what you need. Also, there is a level indicator if your skill is too low when you try something.

Personally I did uprate the intelligence, not for the learning speed but for the additional AP. It's a nice change to have teh challenge of figuring out your best load outs for the different dungeons. Adds a level of interest to the game play.

I like the direction this game is going in. Just do me a big favour please? Don't release the next update with the dreaded "old saves won't work". Not after all the work that went into getting my MC to where he is!

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Where is the fun in having to go through the same few fights again and again?
I hate farming and grinding so much, especially if it's right from the start.

At least in a modern action-rpg the fights are entertaining, this here is just a chore.

Don't get me wrong, I love old-style rpg's Pillars of Eternity Wasteland 2 and all, but this bores me to death.
There's nothing rewarding about this.
then play a different game please :)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, I decided to give this game a try... It's an interesting RPG type feel, based in a high fantasy setting with undead, orcs, goblins, elves, etc... The text for the game needs some work still... Although it was mostly readable, it has some broken English now and then, a few spelling errors, and I ran into a lot of grammar issues... The combat system was easy to understand and the tutorial was a nice touch... In essence, the game play is a grind based system hidden within a combat system for gaining an influence stat with certain characters, as well as gaining in game money... I did get through the woman warriors first required influence, but she had nothing else after that... Same with the Temple woman, which opens up a library for increasing some other skills... The game requires a log of in-game money grinding to increase stats and so forth... As I did not want to spend my entire game day grinding out combat, and then vendor selling drops over and over again, I decided to call it quits at that point... I went ahead and posted my review...

Also, what I originally thought was a bug, was apparently just a function of the Inventory System that I was not aware existed... Apparently you can switch between View's to look at either Items or Consumables... It was always defaulting to Consumables so I had no idea it was a feature to switch... My fault for not seeing it...

Last edited:

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Well, I decided to give this game a try... It's an interesting RPG type feel, based in a high fantasy setting with undead, orcs, goblins, elves, etc... The text for the game needs some work still... Although it was mostly readable, it has some broken English now and then, a few spelling errors, and I ran into a lot of grammar issues... The combat system was easy to understand and the tutorial was a nice touch... In essence, the game play is a grind based system hidden within a combat system for gaining an influence stat with certain characters... I ran into a game breaking bug both times I tried to play the game though... Where inventory items would vanish, such as item drops during combat never appeared on the equipment screen or character screen, removing equipment from the character would vanish, and purchasing equipment from the merchant (Herbalist items worked fine) would also vanish... It didn't start out that way, but after a few rounds of combat it would begin... The fact that equipment removed from a characters slot vanished made it a game breaking bug... I did not experience all the content, as the bug was making things difficult to progress... I did get through the woman warriors first required influence, but she had nothing else after that... I have no idea if the current content has anything erotic in it, as I never got far enough with the influence of the other characters to see... I went ahead and posted my review...
Hi Zippity,

During the testing we have never encountered a bug that you mentioned with the vanishing items. Is there any precondition or detail which you can share possibly?

Thanks.

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
the inventory needs to be a bit reworked, stop using white caracters , give them a different color outline, and maybe show how the inventory works in the tutorial ... it took me a while to see where items go and how to equip and sell them

Last edited:

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hi Zippity,

During the testing we have never encountered a bug that you mentioned with the vanishing items. Is there any precondition or detail which you can share possibly?

Thanks.
Well, when I first played the game and went through all the introductions with all the characters everything was fine... I bought a couple pieces of equipment from the Merchant right away and they appeared in the equipment screen just fine... I placed a ring on and replaced my weapon, but the original sword vanished when I equipped a dagger... I then did some battles for a while, and noticed all these equipment drops sometimes, but when I would go to the merchant to sell them off, the only items showing in my inventory were the Herbalist items, such as the potions and bandages... All other items were not showing up in my inventory alongside the herbalist stuff...

I restarted the game from scratch, and the same thing would happen... This time I decided to test something, so I removed some equipped items from the character, and they too would not appear in the inventory... They just disappeared...

That was my experiences... Not sure what else I can tell you that would help...

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Well, when I first played the game and went through all the introductions with all the characters everything was fine... I bought a couple pieces of equipment from the Merchant right away and they appeared in the equipment screen just fine... I placed a ring on and replaced my weapon, but the original sword vanished when I equipped a dagger... I then did some battles for a while, and noticed all these equipment drops sometimes, but when I would go to the merchant to sell them off, the only items showing in my inventory were the Herbalist items, such as the potions and bandages... All other items were not showing up in my inventory alongside the herbalist stuff...

I restarted the game from scratch, and the same thing would happen... This time I decided to test something, so I removed some equipped items from the character, and they too would not appear in the inventory... They just disappeared...

That was my experiences... Not sure what else I can tell you that would help...
Very strange...would it be possible to send me your save file (if you still have it) so I can check? We have tested the gameplay numerous times but never encountered this type of error.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes