3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Very strange...would it be possible to send me your save file (if you still have it) so I can check? We have tested the gameplay numerous times but never encountered this type of error.
I don't normally save all the files for games I tried out and then posted a review... But if you send me a private message, I'll use that as a reminder to try playing the game again, to see if I can repeat it and if it does then I'll grab the save file and provide it to you...

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
I restarted the game from scratch, and the same thing would happen... This time I decided to test something, so I removed some equipped items from the character, and they too would not appear in the inventory... They just disappeared...
Zippity, inventory screen has two view selections ITEMS and Consumables. Maybe yours set on Consumables?

Reactions: Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Zippity, inventory screen has two view selections ITEMS and Consumables. Maybe yours set on Consumables?
That could be possible... I'll have to check that next time I download and play the game... Don't have the time right now to play anything, hence I asked the developer for a reminder PM... I'll make sure to see if that might be the issue... If it is, then I might end up suggesting a tutorial for the inventory system... In any case, I'll have to check that out, as I don't remember seeing anything that changed between two types of inventory, yet still it is quite possible that was the issue...

BaalDaredevil

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Zippity,

During the testing we have never encountered a bug that you mentioned with the vanishing items. Is there any precondition or detail which you can share possibly?

Thanks.
I experienced vanishing items one time when playing, it was when I bought Potions from the Nighttime Herbalist, afterward the next time I was in a dungeon I noticed those potions weren't available to me in fight yet money spent was gone.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
I managed to deselect my knife and am now unable to select if for my hand again. Not much use for the combat

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Here is Console Commands in case anyone need it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I have the same bug that zippity has , i bought potions and when i went to buy weapons it's invisible , i can only see the details of every item by pointing at it.
The invisible thing wasn't my issue... And just to keep you in the loop, I was able to determine the reason it appeared as though inventory was vanishing... I did not realize there was a View choice, between Items and Consumables... I edited my original post and review to show it was human error as I did not know there was a selection for different types of inventory... But the invisible items issue I didn't have... That sounds worse... Hope you get it figured out...

Reactions: Canto Forte

Pimpslap

Dec 28, 2017
This is a promising-looking game, but the broken English ruins the experience for me. Adding a native English speaker to your team to help with editing/proofreading would greatly improve immersion.

Also, right-clicking to default to the Preferences page is a bit annoying; I think defaulting to either the Save or Load pages would be more convenient.

Last edited:

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for downloading and playing our game!
I also like to say thank for your feedbacks, extremely useful for us on how to proceed with the development.

When we have started to develop Fall of Ashenburg the main goal for us was to enrich the Ren'py adult gaming genre with something special or even unique. Adding a strategic RPG combat part seemed convenient and challenging as well. Ren'py handles the python modules in a special way so building up this extra layer has some uncertainity. Glitches can and probably will happen and reproducing them is the trickiest part.

I would like to ask you that, if it is possible, when you discover something buggy, please try to attach a save file as well so we can try to fix it quicker.

Your feedbacks also made me realize that while we focused more on the combat layer and the render quality, we have neglected the core Ren'py element which is storytelling and text quality. I think our english is decent but far from perfect. It is something which we will focus more in the future. Just so you know, currently I am working on a way to get a revision from a native speaker for our text content. Hopefully it will work out.

If you are curious about where we are heading with the current development, you can check our current roadmap .

Yours sincerely

Alteus

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Combat system in your game is excruciatingly and painfully slow and effectively made me delete your game after 10 mins of playing - I was virtually bored to death.
Old RPGM combat system is a pure joy compared to this.
If the game has actually any content after initial combat you have to start with I think most of adventurers trying to play it will die of boredom before they get to it - same like me.

Daedra6646

Dec 31, 2017
Oh thank god someone thinks about keeping the high heels on.

I'm not a foot fetish guy but whoever thinks to take those off clearly doesn't get how erotic it is to see women wearing them.

Reactions: imhereforplot69

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Oh thank god someone thinks about keeping the high heels on.

I'm not a foot fetish guy but whoever thinks to take those off clearly doesn't get how erotic it is to see women wearing them.
Same with socks in some cases... lol...

Raidenx

Oct 9, 2017
Don't know if anyone will still read this here but in my opinion the dungeons are either to hard or don't give enough loot/gold for clearing them. And I'm talking here about the easy Level of the dungeons, as they hard already hard enough for me to not even attempt a higher difficulty.

So When I clear a dungeon most of the time I will have no real income, because I used up a lot of healing items. And the dungeon mosnter only leave crap and low amount of gold. (considering a skill costs 300 gold and good equipment roughly the same. Earning ~100 gold tops in a dungeon doesn't make the cut when healing items cost 40 gold)

Also 300 exp for the first level is kind of a lot don't you think so? Normally for the first level you would need 100 exp and then more and more. And I think that is a good balance (the easy dungeon also only gives 20 xp +5xp for each monster, so around 40-50 xp, that is 6 dungeon clears for a level up but I am broke after 3...)

Imo you should also consider that poison and bleed only last for like 2 - 4 rounds, but can be reapplied even if they are still active (like in Darkest Dungeon).

What I'm saying. Either give out more gold in easy dungeons or more xp or better loot.

Aug 16, 2017
well I jumped in and gave it a good ol go......and gotta say, I loved it. bit slow in combat to select next move and cant seem to stop getting bled all the time despite taking zero dmg and having fairly good protection. also there was not any anal scenes.....no dev no :D

other than that it played out relatively well for an RPG. upgrading weapons, equips and skills is what I have been doing on my MMORPG daily since july 5th last year and with all rpgs, patience and grind. I didn't find it overmuch as I am used to the speed of a lot of rpgs. with it being a sex game too, I don't think many will have the patience for the grind.

so far I have got perception but not lockpick and I have yet to activate the crystal in the temple but other 2 are done.

I am half a fan....minus half cos of no buttlovin....pffft :D

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
well I jumped in and gave it a good ol go......and gotta say, I loved it. bit slow in combat to select next move and cant seem to stop getting bled all the time despite taking zero dmg and having fairly good protection. also there was not any anal scenes.....no dev no :D

other than that it played out relatively well for an RPG. upgrading weapons, equips and skills is what I have been doing on my MMORPG daily since july 5th last year and with all rpgs, patience and grind. I didn't find it overmuch as I am used to the speed of a lot of rpgs. with it being a sex game too, I don't think many will have the patience for the grind.

so far I have got perception but not lockpick and I have yet to activate the crystal in the temple but other 2 are done.

I am half a fan....minus half cos of no buttlovin....pffft :D
In my opinion every adult game contains some level of repetitivness. In adventure games you have to replay, rewatch the same scenes in order to progress to get your reward, which is an adult scene. You value things which you have earned and not just fall into your lap.
It is possible to create or share a save file with boosted stats but I feel that it would remove the challenge aspect from the game.

What do you think?

P.S.: About your half fan status..will see what we can do about that. :)

Vahn Solidor

Jun 12, 2017
Soooo... lemme add my 3 cents ^^
Like this game a lot. Seems that eroRPGs are my fetish XD Art is really good and i like an idea of that darker side of people.
Few questions if i may:
1. Soooo....at the moment lvl 4 is max for the player to archieve? Not that its any problem cause its enough to clear hard lvl dungeons even without 1 healing potion, just asking.
2. Is it possible to increase gold the merchants have? Cause poor things cant handle amounts of loot delivered to them XD
3. Passing max points in skill wont do any harm? For example 110/100 in perception?

Oh and dunno if that was reported or not but having pistol in 2nd hand and using it cause a bug ( clicking ignore), damage is done but ap is not used so potential exploit.
And one more thing. You can train skills even when you reach max amount. Thats unintentional i guess?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017
In my opinion every adult game contains some level of repetitivness. In adventure games you have to replay, rewatch the same scenes in order to progress to get your reward, which is an adult scene. You value things which you have earned and not just fall into your lap.
It is possible to create or share a save file with boosted stats but I feel that it would remove the challenge aspect from the game.

What do you think?

P.S.: About your half fan status..will see what we can do about that. :)

if them that cant be bothered to play the game the way its meant to be played don't try....to hell with them...with hot pokers and all male eunuchs as torturers.....and pineapple custard cos that stuff is just wrong :D

honestly? if it helps some get into the spirit of the game then what harm can it do? personally I'm fine without as I see this as an rpg with sex scenes and not a grinding VN. maybe a save with a bunch of gold and a few lvls of exp already gained so they are up and running? definitely useful if you have to make any radical changes later that reduce previous saves to the usefulness of a chocolate teapot

p.s oh you....such a tease teehee :D

Alteus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Soooo... lemme add my 3 cents ^^
Like this game a lot. Seems that eroRPGs are my fetish XD Art is really good and i like an idea of that darker side of people.
Few questions if i may:
1. Soooo....at the moment lvl 4 is max for the player to archieve? Not that its any problem cause its enough to clear hard lvl dungeons even without 1 healing potion, just asking.
2. Is it possible to increase gold the merchants have? Cause poor things cant handle amounts of loot delivered to them XD
3. Passing max points in skill wont do any harm? For example 110/100 in perception?

Oh and dunno if that was reported or not but having pistol in 2nd hand and using it cause a bug ( clicking ignore), damage is done but ap is not used so potential exploit.
And one more thing. You can train skills even when you reach max amount. Thats unintentional i guess?
Let me try to answer these:

1. - Yes. currently lvl 4 is the cap.
2. - Good point, especially since gold cost should increase as the game progresses...maybe it should be lvl related or based on some other factor. Will think about that.
3. - It is an already reported bug, it will get fixed in the next release. I have added the current roadmap to my signature so you can check where we are and what are the planned items per release.

omikron

Jan 11, 2017
Let me try to answer these:

1. - Yes. currently lvl 4 is the cap.
2. - Good point, especially since gold cost should increase as the game progresses...maybe it should be lvl related or based on some other factor. Will think about that.
3. - It is an already reported bug, it will get fixed in the next release. I have added the current roadmap to my signature so you can check where we are and what are the planned items per release.
For point 2, one thing you could potentially do is let merchants have tiers/levels, based off the loot they've received/bought. So level 0 merchant has the current default stash of gold, level 1 has an extra ~200, level 2 has an extra ~400, and etc. Bonus to this is if you want to introduce a prominent merchant later on, you could have him start at level 2 instead of level 0.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes