1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ren'Py] Fall of Ashenburg [v0.7] [Alteus]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Alteus, Apr 6, 2018.

[Ren'Py] Fall of Ashenburg [v0.7] [Alteus] 4 5 6votes
4/5, 6 votes

What do you think about the dungeon combat part of the game?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2018.
  1. I think it's great. It makes this game more genuine and I would like to see where it evolves to.

317 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. It's a nuisance to me, I think it should be removed and get better game content instead of it.

461 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Thread
  2. Reviews (6)
  1. Alteus

Alteus Member Game Developer

Jun 22, 2017
    logofinal.png
    Overview:
    The male protagonist is warrior who is unaware of his past. Awakened and forced by a mysterious dark entity he starts his perilous journey with a discovery of the small village of Ashenburg. The hamlet hides many secret, ancient magic, devious and lustful encounters. Can he unravels his past before his dark desires consume him?
    That is something which remains to be seen...
    Updated: 13/Jul/2018
    Developer/Publisher:

Please Log in / Register to view this link

Censorship: No
    Version: 0.7
    Language: English
    Genre:
    Lesbian, Group Sex, Femdom, Fantasy, Masturbation, Male Protagonist, Corruption, Combat, Turn Based Combat

Installation:
    1- Extract to desired location.
    2- Click on "FallOfAshenburg.exe" to start playing.

About the Dev:
    Hi, my name is Alteus, one of the developers of the the adult game, Fall of Ashenburg. We believe, that it is possible to create games which combine classic adventure game elements with complex combat system and high quality adult content. Our main goal is to provide this experience for the gaming community.
    We hope you will enjoy playing with it as much we have enjoyed creating it.

Changelog:
    v0.7
    Content
    Story and scenes

Storyline progression, one new story scene.

New map area: Featherstone Castle
    The Castle is now accessible and part of the main story progression. It contains several new places to explore.

Corruption status
    Corruption status is now displayed in the UI. New portrait and chat options are available for the affected persons.

Gameplay
    New feature:
    Events
    Events are now appearing in Medium and Hard level dungeons and will be the part of the future dungeons as well. These special encounters can provide various bonuses if you can find a way to solve their secrets.
    Currently there are two different type of event, one for each dungeon type.

XP and gold yield increased
    Killing an enemy now provides increased XP and gold in order to ease the steep leveling curve at the early levels.

v0.61
    Bugs

Fixed the bug which caused an error when you speak with the Headmistress.

Content
    Hall of Mysteries

New dialogue option for Vivianna: Hall of Mysteries.
    Unlock Hall of Mysteries on the map. Once you are there, you can apply various adjustments in order to quickly bypass the RPG combat challenges of the game.

v0.6
    Content
    Story and scenes

Storyline progression, one new story and one optional scene.

New Dungeon Boss

Second dungeon boss, Lysh the Fallen can be unlocked during the story progression.
    The fight offer three different challenge mode: Normal, Elite and Champion.
    Normal difficulty is required for the story progression. Elite and Champion difficulties offer various additional rewards.

Merchant inventory
    The amount of gold available for each merchant uses a new logic from now on:
    If by the end of the day the merchant’s purse is equal or below the 10% of its original size (so for example 50 in case it was 500 originally) then the merchant will return with a 500 gold larger purse in the next day (1000 in this example)

This is a cumulative bonus, so if by the end of the next day the purse will be 10% or below again (100 gold) then the following day it will grow with an additional 500 gold (1500) up till the maximum which is 2000 gold at the moment.

If by the end of any day the merchant’s purse will stay above 10% then the bonus will diminish with 500 gold per day, down to the minimum (500 gold).
    We found that this logic is the closest to a realistic approach where the merchants dynamically adapt to the actual demand of the player character.

Gameplay
    Leveling

Level cap is increased to 6.

Abilities
    New feature: Barrier

Barrier is an invisible shield which can absorb x amount of damage before dissipating. In addition, while the barrier is active the recipient is protected from all negative effects, such as dots or debuffs.

v0.51
    Small dot release with minor fixes:
    - Fixed the glitch where elite boss kills triggered the champion reward.
    - Fixed bug when fleeing from the champion boss fight triggered the reward incorrectly.
    - Minor text corrections.

v0.5
    Content
    Story and scenes

Storyline progression, one new story and one optional scene.
    New feature - Dungeon Bosses
    During the content progression this option will unlock. You can now fight the first dungeon boss, the orc chieftain Zmunda.
    Bossfights offer three different challenge mode: Normal, Elite and Champion.
    Normal difficulty is required for the story progression. Elite and Champion difficulties offer various additional rewards.
    Be warned though, Elite and especially Champion bosses are not for the faint hearted! You'll probably need top notch gear and experience level in order to stand a chance in those fights.
    Reset skillpoints
    The Mysterious Guy at night now let you redistribute your skillpoints for a whooping price of 500 gold.
    Legacy saves
    In order to avoid various consistency errors on update, loading a legacy save file now transports you to Vivianna's hut.
    Gameplay
    Leveling

Level cap increased to 5.
    Abilities
    The percentage values on the Rage ability have grown increasingly powerful and eventually gamebreaking so we've decided to change them to a flat +10 HP, +2 Damage increase. In the future we plan to introduce additional Rage abilities to provide more variety for different game styles.
    Skills
    Decapacitate (slashing weapons special attack): damage increased to 130% from 100%
    Slice (piercing weapons basic attack): damage increased to 100% from 80%
    Deep Cut (piercing weapons special attack): damage decreased to 80% from 100%, AP cost reduced to 3 from 4, no cooldown.
    Consumables
    Rejuvenation potion is now restricted to one use per turn.

V.0.4
    New scene
    (day)
    A new skill based daily scene added.
    Inventory tutorial
    For new players an additional tutorial added for the inventory and equipment management.
    Skills are now cap at 100
    Tooltip for scenes

Skill requirements to unlock the full scene is now displayed for each skill based scene.
    Monster info
    A compendium with the current monster types and their short description is available at our Patreon page.​

Download:
    PC:

-

-

-

MAC:

-

-

Compressed PC Version:

screen01.jpg screen02.jpg screen03.jpg screen04.jpg screen05.jpg screen06.jpg screen07.jpg witch_extra05.jpg warr_corr08_01.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. putzseila

putzseila New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    It's a nice game shows a lot of promise

hubtol likes this.
  3. Frosty2000

Frosty2000 Member

Nov 16, 2017
    You should also create a Patreon tier for 1 or 2$. I usually spread my donation money over several creators, and especially in the beginning I would start with low tiers.
    Also lower donations usually stay active way longer.

Btw game is looking good.;)

Reese286, Managarmr, Cream and 6 others like this.
  4. mrcrude

mrcrude New Member

Nov 10, 2017
  5. Brady2626

Brady2626 Active Member

Mar 2, 2018
    you should definitely have a $1 tier on patreon

6. IInEoII

IInEoII Member

Aug 31, 2017
  7. Alteus

Jun 22, 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion, we wanted the tiers to be more definite in a hope to provide valuable updates for all tiers but it is something we may reconsider. I hope you will like the game.

8. Lieutenant twat

Lieutenant twat Active Member

Nov 23, 2017
    it looks interesting so far. Will say more after the download and i play

9. Silver1

Silver1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Very promising, a real RPG?You should post a resume about the main story so people would know what the game is about.

10. myuhinny

myuhinny Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Is the game really male protagonist? Looking at the main screenshot would suggest female protagonist.

11. Alteus

Jun 22, 2017
    The protagonist is male but...it's just we have focused more on the female characters rendering wise. :)
    I will update the main post's description and also add a little background story as well, without spoiling too much.

12. Immunity

Immunity Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Some thoughts -

An OK attempt at an "adult" RPG (but lets be honest, in the adult genre the "gameplay" bar isn't set high, if at all, to begin with). Having said that, I applaud you for at least attempting to add some depth to the gameplay, even if its got a ways to go before it gets there.

One of my chief gripes with the system is the inability for a player to see the turn order. I died because after my single attack turn, the enemy Flayer got to attack 4 times in a row. How was I supposed to know he was going to get that many attacks off after my turn? That felt like a cheap death to be honest. Having a stats system is great, but the battles and turn order require a LOT more transparency if you want it to be anything more than a "try it and die" mentality to the fighting.

Also, the translation could use a lot of work. It's not the roughest I've experienced by any means, but it's not exactly good either.

Not a bad start by any means, but the gameplay needs polish.

groove888 likes this.
  13. Redeemed

Redeemed Member

May 3, 2017
    combat is damn hard, healing items barely help:D

groove888 likes this.
  14. PoisonJames

PoisonJames New Member

May 6, 2017
    I'm not sure what you mean by "definite".

I'll just join the others with this note. I've never seen a successful adult game based Patreon without a $1 or $2 tier. I back 20 some odd projects, but only rarely do I go up to an amount like $5. It comes down to the economics of these projects which normally span more than a year. I'm not down to pay $120 over a two year span for the normal amount of content these projects produce. Maybe you'll be the exception, but it's a challenging place to start.

Best of luck.

Gregor34674, Keba193 and Alteus like this.
  15. Miroslav Blazevic

Miroslav Blazevic New Member

Nov 30, 2017
  16. BaalDaredevil

BaalDaredevil New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Great start, didn't notice any major bugs.
    (was a little text ghost that wasn't too bothersome that I got but I forgot to screenshot it)
    Skills go beyond the xxx/100 range and cost is 750 gold if you exceed 100. Not sure if that's intended or not

I didn't find any use for the seduction skill so far. And I wanted to ask if there will be future use for the crystals collected past the easily obtained crystals required for current content.

Regarding the fight module, you want to click through the battle at a conservative rate and use the rage bar as it completes, it allows you to more effectively survive the battles. Each enemy attack happens in 1 - 3 clicks depending on what they do. Rage bar can be used even when it's not your turn and fills up per 20 damage taken since last used (or the start of battle).

Also be mindful that there is a level cap of 4 (1500 xp) so be strategic in your allocation of points. When you have mostly blue gear you will fly through the hard dungeons.

bugsby and Alteus like this.
  17. Alteus

Jun 22, 2017
    The skills should cap at 100 so it is a bug, and it will be fixed. Seduction has no use at the moment, we will add related events and scenes in the future updates.

Good point on the text ghosting, will take a look at try to amend it.

Thanks for your feedback!

18. Alteus

Jun 22, 2017
    I admit, this is something we haven't considered when we created the tiers.
    Added a $2 patreon tier to our page. (As far as I have checked $1 donation can be dropped anytime so we don't need a tier for that, correct me if I am wrong)

Good feedback, thank you.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  19. Alteus

Jun 22, 2017
    Good observations, let me try to answer them one by one:

Turn order - Yup, that's valid we should add an indicator with a turn order to the combat screen. Added this item to our ToDo list.
    Cheap death - It is a complex question, generally the more you level up, the more strategic the game should evolve. Will see how successful we can add this mechanism to the game but that is the direction we aim for. I have to admit cheap death can happen especially in the beginning. Please note that your Rage bar can be used any time, even in your opponent's turn so it can be a life buoy in such cases.
    Translation - Since english is not our native language, there were some point when we have struggled with the translation. If you see parts, expressions which are really standing out, please let us know so we can correct them.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

jerricho13 likes this.
  20. Lustgaming

Lustgaming New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Very nice. I liked it and it looks promising. I didn't find any problems, except for the skills (already mentioned above). Could have a variable for the prerequisite to unlock the warrior and the priestess. Because the warrior ask for you to clean Mines and the priestess, Catacombs...But if you spend sometime farming in only one, will unlock both with 60/80 respect.

The game is in Renpy, not Unity.

Some hints for those who are still going to play or are having difficulty fighting:
    - Farm is always the way in rpg games like this. You don't need to try high-levels dungeons in the begin. Farm itens and respect.
    - The skills (unitl now) only help in situations off-dungeons.
    - Weapons that can cause bleeding and equipment that increase resistance against it are good for cleaning the mine.
    - Weapons that can cause fire and equipment that increase poison resistance are good for cleaning the catacombs.
    - The sex scenes will appear under your nose improvising the skills.

And I think that's all I remember.