README FAKKU Launches Their Own Game Distribution Platform

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
"At FAKKU we stand against all forms of censorship and are taking the initiative to provide publishers and developers a platform with which to safely publish their work."
So thats promising. As for loli content it seems to be allowed although hide most of that stuff by default. Will see if they'll get issues with that later.

"FAKKU will be manually curating all games released on our platform. There will be a zero tolerance policy in place towards developers that make use of stolen art, flipped assets, or use machine translation in their games."
So it's not going to be a replacement for Patreon or anything.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Had to read up on the definition of asset flipping.

Asset Flip
A game made almost entirely with store-bought game assets.

or

"Asset Flipping" is a term that refers to the practice of building a game almost entirely out of pre-made assets with little original work

Well that would rule out most VN type games I say, but I already know a few people with handmade art/game/story that feared suspension and either changed things already or at least admitted they are thinking about it. So that would hopefully at least be a nice alternative for those games.

But then again, I would not call all games "almost entirely built out of pre-made assets", that might be said for the art part but what about character building, storytelling, writing? Think thats a bit too harsh.

Also, it seems it would not have a monthly based subscription, you are buying completed games. Saw no other mention so far at least.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
interesting. i hope it will be a good alternative to patreon.

Fed

May 14, 2017
"At FAKKU we stand against all forms of censorship and are taking the initiative to provide publishers and developers a platform with which to safely publish their work."
So thats promising. As for loli content it seems to be allowed although hide most of that stuff by default. Will see if they'll get issues with that later.

"FAKKU will be manually curating all games released on our platform. There will be a zero tolerance policy in place towards developers that make use of stolen art, flipped assets, or use machine translation in their games."
So it's not going to be a replacement for Patreon or anything.
Didn't they remove certain tags from their galleries?

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
so how long until they are gonna start charging you to even be able to see the game store platform :p

Reactions: Fed