Wolf RPG Completed Exor-Sister Yui [v1.01] [TeamJOKER]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes
Feb 27, 2017
Because it's the "hip" thing to do now, some of the best H games ever made are RPG maker (as well as some of the worst), but kids these days gotta jump on the band-wagon of hate bro.
I hate it because it's slow and clunky, even speed hacking it causes it to crash and because it promotes devs to add unnecessary shit like combat systems. It also makes replaying games a terrible experience. No wait I mean cause its hip to do so.

Some of the best games made were on RPG maker is not an argument, 99% of them would of of been much better in Renpy.

RPG Maker is just a tool... it doesn't make sense to hate tool that can be used for a lot of things.
The tool is worse than the other available so other than recreating old school feeling games, then yes it does make sense to hate a project using it over a better tool when its not used for the one very niche scenario where its possibly better.

Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
o_O why is there a discussion of RPG Maker on a game based in Wolf RPG Editor, which are two different things, while I would agree most RPG Maker games are a nightmare, they have some good ones, but Wolf RPG Editor games are generally really, and I mean REALLY good. Look at Niplheim Hunter - Branded Azel for a good reference to what a good Wolf RPG Editor game is.

W65

May 31, 2018
o_O why is there a discussion of RPG Maker on a game based in Wolf RPG Editor, which are two different things, while I would agree most RPG Maker games are a nightmare, they have some good ones, but Wolf RPG Editor games are generally really, and I mean REALLY good. Look at Niplheim Hunter - Branded Azel for a good reference to what a good Wolf RPG Editor game is.
That was a pretty good game, yeah, both it and the little simulator game that teased it (although the BF cop-out with the bushes was a huge disappointment for me). I don't think Wolf in and of itself is a superior engine, although I haven't developed in it. There's really not much you can do in it that you can't do in VX Ace, far as I know.

Rather, I think it's that it's much more obscure for English-language developers, and so you don't see "noise" of low effort VN-like walking simulators that seem to be the main focus of the RPG Maker haters. You don't see these games mostly because they're being made in Japanese and don't get translated, so folks around here at least won't go looking for them. I've seen some pretty standard RPGs made in Wolf, and I've seen some sorta-different ones, and I've seen some pretty good ones... more or less just like RPG Maker. Again, I think it's just a matter of newbie English devs not seeing Wolf as a viable alternative to RPG Maker.

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
in the last picture i see some ripped content from a other game, i hope its not all a rip
ganna try now

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
a number of rpg maker games have random crashing because it eats up CPU processing power the renpy remake version of games were done because the original rpg maker version would crash and cause any other running programs to lag up for instance the game my girlfriends amnesia is on rpg maker and I had to deal with it cutting out on me after about 30 minutes of gameplay
i think that only happen on RPG MW maker, that is based on javascript and web codes, eat up either lot of ram or cpu power, but older type of RPG maker games doens´t have that problem, unless you have a very old pc

i still don´t get the hate trend toward rpg maker games, but that's up to discussion

Jun 3, 2017
Speaking of RPG Maker stuff, what is the one that supports mouse controls? For....reasons I prefer to use my mouse to navigate the world instead of needing hands on keyboard to control stuff.

I know there is VX Ace and MV and whatnot but not sure what the difference is.

Also I agree with a previous poster, the worst thing about RPG Maker is the tiny screen resolutions and horrible controls. Oh and they often have ear rape sound effects on startup.

Thingal

Nov 23, 2017
after getting the password and the C building key im stucked ANY help please?

nevermind i already did it!
How did you do it? as far as I can tell I've done everything in buildings a and b, I have the key to building c, but can't get in.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes