RPGM Abandoned EverWhore [v20181013] [Gippowho]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Is there some way to refuse to do that idiotic naked maiden ritual? It seems like the exact type of thing you should be able to refuse to do and suffer the consequences or be submissive and just do it.
Well being beaten or raped is against my policy. I try to maintain a more comedic approach.

Seriously? MV Maker and no mouse movement?! :WutFace:
Compatibility issues. Mouse movement on map just keeps bugging some events. :FeelsBadMan:

vultron

May 19, 2018
Well being beaten or raped is against my policy. I try to maintain a more comedic approach.

I wasn't really thinking about beatings or rapes more like the player can take some sort of purity route where they refuse the ritual but the consequences are something like your parents disown you and the village banishes or something like that.

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018

I wasn't really thinking about beatings or rapes more like the player can take some sort of purity route where they refuse the ritual but the consequences are something like your parents disown you and the village banishes or something like that.
A good and valid point. But I wanted to deal with the virgin thing before transferring player into the city because otherwise, it would require a lot more rendering just to display when MH loses her virginity in various situations.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Alright, gave this a try. I know a couple of these points were already brought up, but here we go.

Saves are really annoying if you're limited to save locations. You've said that there'll be an autosave feature when you rest, but personally I don't think that helps that much in the current design, since the save location is right next to the autosave trigger. Maybe only allow a quicksave, or saving to a single slot anywhere with the option to save in other slots at the save points.

Loading should be available in the menu at anytime. It's annoying to have to either restart the program or go back to a save location to just load the game.

The clicking during sex scenes is not something I like. It just takes away from it to have to click constantly to advance, and goes into my next point about the controls. I'd personally suggest that you have an animation that either plays on a loop during the dialogue, or allow the use of keyboard controls to advance.

The combination of using both the keyboard and mouse as a requirement. Personally I'm so used to using my right hand for all movement and left for all other things in RPGmaker and similar games that it really throws me off to have to switch to mouse to do somethings like the sex scenes and the overworld map movement. to get around this on the overworld, you could keep in the click to select but also put in something like a single glowing sprite that you move to the location with movement keys, like some other games do (one example of this is roundscape).

Starting the game fullscreen without an option to change it or having an exit game option is just poor design.

Reactions: gippowho

Lance Boyle

Aug 22, 2017
I'm very new at AutoHotkey scripting, but cobbled together a couple so i could use a 360 controller with this. Someone with more experience could probably improve. These are slightly altered from Google search results.

Main:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Add POV cursor movement:

Reactions: gippowho

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
I'm very new at AutoHotkey scripting, but cobbled together a couple so i could use a 360 controller with this. Someone with more experience could probably improve. These are slightly altered from Google search results.

Main:

Add POV cursor movement:
Your controller doesn't work with the game by default?

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Alright, gave this a try. I know a couple of these points were already brought up, but here we go.

Saves are really annoying if you're limited to save locations. You've said that there'll be an autosave feature when you rest...
Autosave happens now not only after resting but also after completing the event. You don't need to quit the game, just go to the title screen and choose "continue".
Alt+Enter usually controls windowed, fullscreen modes in most games and I added exit option yesterday to the title screen.

And the clicking stays. I made some changes since the demo and to advance the sex scenes, you still need your mouse.
The changes are less required clicks to advance because it's tiring and I added randomly moving hearts during sex scenes which you have to keep catching to get bonus rewards and points. There may be some other additions to "special" scenes to make them more challenging or interesting but it's something like this right.

This video is still without changes to the required clicks to advance which is lower right now.

No response from the controller. I thought it was just not available in the game...
Needs some testing, but I added a configurable keyboard and gamepad into the options menu.
Gamepad should work now. I have disabled these options because I thought some of the keys bugged eventing system I had made, but the culprit was the mouse movement on the map which I have disabled. No other way around, some events lock character movement and after the event is done, there was 1/10 chance that player character just starts moving into one direction by its own ignoring any input because during the event a player would click somewhere with the mouse (causing movement to loop?).
So I will keep mouse movement disabled for now, but configurable keyboard and controllers should work in the next release.

Lance Boyle

Aug 22, 2017
Ignore my comment about the controller. I was still on the 20180525 version. 360 controller works with the 20180618 version.

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
Wow! "Female protagonist" and "whore." Just my kinda game! Will hopefully try it out tomorrow.

On a side note, why do many of these games come with characters that have Western names, but East Asian looks? I often do wonder.

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Wow! "Female protagonist" and "whore." Just my kinda game! Will hopefully try it out tomorrow.

On a side note, why do many of these games come with characters that have Western names, but East Asian looks? I often do wonder.
Because western names are less forgetable than asian ones etc. Maybe it's just me but I keep forgeting my favorite anime characters names even after 20 episodes in :closedeyesmile:

T'sara Noga

Apr 6, 2018
Meh, Click-Spam events in an RPG Maker game...
Instant turn-off.

Animations might be nice if I could actually see a damned thing.
They're so small.

outside998

Oct 30, 2017
Looks very interesting, will definitely keep an eye on. But I have to agree with T'sara, those click events could be handled a bit better.

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Looks very interesting, will definitely keep an eye on. But I have to agree with T'sara, those click events could be handled a bit better.
This is how clicking based mini-games looks like now.

lilithcp

Jun 10, 2017
This is how clicking based mini-games looks like now.

erh...my English is not good,I don't know how to start the rain ritual event,where is the shrine?after "mom" told her to wash,I went to every where I could.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
erh...my English is not good,I don't know how to start the rain ritual event,where is the shrine?after "mom" told her to wash,I went to every where I could.
First you talk to one of the guys outside your house and get a scene talking with him. Then you go north of your house and there's a small building you go into to wash.

Reactions: lilithcp

gippowho

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Some people complained about animations, so I added looping animations just before dialogue happens. You still need to click on the main heroine, but in case a player wants to take a little "break" during clicking, here it is :)

Just press "Enter", "Space" or click on dialogue choice to proceed.

Hope you'll like this.

NSFW content

Reactions: Sniffgog
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes