5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I like it. Congratulations Thicc Lord, on your game.

Umm, one little thing: wouldn't it be better to have the location map below the box that says which room you're hovering over (First pic) than the way it is now? (Second pic) :giggle: Excuse my amateur attempt at Photoshop. :sneaky:

View attachment 3550613
Hey, thanks for the feedback. The box isn't necessarily for the room, but it's just a general status box. It changes depending on what items you're hovering over etc. However, yes it may look a bit nicer on the left. I'll put it on the Trello board for 0.2 and see how it plays.
Thicc Lord Had to look at this for the basic scene layout when not in events. It's a nice touch as it allows for fast high quality/detailed renders to add life to the game in the basic area where someone will spend most of their time. And it probably doesn't slow down development as you can simply set a camera up for the room and use the same scene for the first render in an event and throw it on canvases for a quickly rendered sprite before canvases does the other renders for the event's first image. Very intelligent design and something most devs don't figure out for years then spend a year or more trying to rebuild their game so it's nice to see.

With a praise out of the way, I disliked your edit relationships design. The split up dialog and menu along with the inability to default when leaving something blank feels very unnatural. I changed your rename character function code to resolve that unnatural feel and I find that I like this design better, I'd like to ask you give it a try to see what you personally think.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Added a duplicate line before menu so it appears as if you're getting a pause to give it a slightly better feel.
I will take a look at this. After several play throughs and tests, it didn't seem to be an issue personally, but happy to see how it fairs differently.
Is the main issue that it's a bit jarring?
Elder roommate event is broken after two sittings. future clicks just fade to black and back and then you can't interact
Thanks for letting me know, I will fix and release with bugfix1.
I feel somewhat a deja vu, isn't there already a simular game, or is it a remake but same developer, somehow I seen something simular, might be with other characters don't know.
Serious Punch is the artist, you may be thinking of "The Golden Boy"?
Unfortunately not at this time, no.
Can we avoide romance? And is male domination fro all women or just a few?
Male Domination is not in the game as of yet. Romance can be avoided, there are paths for most women that will avoid certain routes.
Have to ask, what are the future tags? Do you plan to add ntr/sharing in the future? (in opossed*)
Check the Developer Notes in the OP, or go to our !
Stoked to see where this goes! Looks very promising, renders look a lot like "Golden Boy" but it's even better because this one's a SANDBOX BABBYYYYYY!
Yes! Serious Punch and I are collaborating on this game. :)

Apr 29, 2021
Can't cheat with "Save Editor", really hate this Renpy update...

Do you guys know the commands to use on developer menu console?

Tried:
mendoza_family>sheri>love= ?? like shown on Save Edit, but didn't work, tried other combinations like:
sherilove=??
sherie_love=??

Any thoughts?
Did Renpy hide/remove the savetoken file? There used to be a small edit to that file that would let you use modified saves.

Reactions: Furyan

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
I will take a look at this. After several play throughs and tests, it didn't seem to be an issue personally, but happy to see how it fairs differently.
Is the main issue that it's a bit jarring?
I'm not sure what word to use, but I do believe some users would say jarring for their view. It's one of the earliest interactions the player has with the game itself and attention is always needed to polish it to the best it can be. Same with the UI and any tutorial type interactions.

Asking a question without seeing the question is unnatural in games using written speech. Not allowing defaulting when you are having the user input two answers instead of one is unnatural and even more so when you're not including the "(Default: Name/Relationship)" to the input prompt's title without the ability to default.

All of this will not get you any praise even if you get it just right however and people will simply not care. It's more of a subconscious annoyance that sets the mood a bit. Like how AAA games can have a shit game but amazing graphics and high character customization or extension options for character creation are at the start after a great intro and it somehow earns it insane love from some users and tones down the hate of others. Those devs set the tone for great care at the start and even the lack of it afterwards does nothing to remove that first impression a player got so they romanticize the game. So most gamers will be able to tell you how important early interaction can be to get as perfect as you can even if it seems stupid at the time.

Either way, I was just providing a code adjustment for you to test. And if you ignore and do nothing, ignore it and try/use something else, or use it is entirely up to you. Your game's design is quite interesting with the isometric view and just hoping it helps since even testing and liking the original design is better than not testing and liking the original design.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hello. How much freedom of choice? Monogamy route possible?
Yes and no. Right now there's not a lot of sexual content, but the plan is to ensure that players can play in this way if they want to.
Looks like Dangames
You look like Dangames...

No, but seriously I have no idea what this is. I shall look it up.
I'm not sure what word to use, but I do believe some users would say jarring for their view. It's one of the earliest interactions the player has with the game itself and attention is always needed to polish it to the best it can be. Same with the UI and any tutorial type interactions.

Asking a question without seeing the question is unnatural in games using written speech. Not allowing defaulting when you are having the user input two answers instead of one is unnatural and even more so when you're not including the "(Default: Name/Relationship)" to the input prompt's title without the ability to default.

All of this will not get you any praise even if you get it just right however and people will simply not care. It's more of a subconscious annoyance that sets the mood a bit. Like how AAA games can have a shit game but amazing graphics and high character customization or extension options for character creation are at the start after a great intro and it somehow earns it insane love from some users and tones down the hate of others. Those devs set the tone for great care at the start and even the lack of it afterwards does nothing to remove that first impression a player got so they romanticize the game. So most gamers will be able to tell you how important early interaction can be to get as perfect as you can even if it seems stupid at the time.

Either way, I was just providing a code adjustment for you to test. And if you ignore and do nothing, ignore it and try/use something else, or use it is entirely up to you. Your game's design is quite interesting with the isometric view and just hoping it helps since even testing and liking the original design is better than not testing and liking the original design.
No, that's fine. I appreciate the feedback and I shall run some more tests.
image_backup folder (>300MB)??? Game runs without it.
Blake birth 1988->1982.
GL
Hah, that's a noob mistake. Will add it to the bugfix1 list. :)

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
v0.1BUGFIX
  • Fixed an issue with the last part of "Lost Inspiration" quest wouldn't start
  • Reduced size greatly
  • Mac version added (not tested)
  • Improved character renaming

New update added, new links on OP.
bitsybobs3 new torrent will be needed.

juliusnestor

Sep 9, 2020
impossible to play after update 0.1 Fix
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9, in script call
call screen wait_for_input
File "game/scripts/chapter_one.rpy", line 53, in script call
call room_load("mendoza_mc_bedroom", True)
File "game/scripts/locations/mendoza/mendoza.rpy", line 217, in script call
call room_load("mendoza_mc_bedroom")
File "game/scripts/locations/mendoza/mendoza.rpy", line 352, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/mendoza/mendoza.rpy", line 357, in script
mcthink "This is the master bedroom."
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 122, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show(auto=True)

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I only made it to the sister introduction. Very pretty mom and sis...

Really bad navigation.
Probably should be able to use the doors to change rooms as well as have
a labeled shortcut bar to the rooms that's always visible.

I didn't like having to click the bottom right, look at the top left for the label then make sure
I was clicking in the correct spot each time.

BUT that's just me.... lol

Cheers and Best of Luck!!

Again....Beautiful Mom and Sis...good job
not sure abt the step-dad...as I labeled him..... I didn't
interact w him.

Oh..also the settings button on the phone didn't work for me.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
impossible to play after update 0.1 Fix
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9, in script call
File "game/scripts/chapter_one.rpy", line 53, in script call
call room_load("mendoza_mc_bedroom", True)
File "game/scripts/locations/mendoza/mendoza.rpy", line 217, in script call
call room_load("mendoza_mc_bedroom")
File "game/scripts/locations/mendoza/mendoza.rpy", line 357, in script
mcthink "This is the master bedroom."
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 122, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show(auto=True)
Oh, strange!
I tested and it seemed fine. What were you doing just before that?

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I only made it to the sister introduction. Very pretty mom and sis...

Really bad navigation.
Probably should be able to use the doors to change rooms as well as have
a labeled shortcut bar to the rooms that's always visible.

I didn't like having to click the bottom right, look at the top left for the label then make sure
I was clicking in the correct spot each time.

BUT that's just me.... lol

Cheers and Best of Luck!!

Again....Beautiful Mom and Sis...good job
not sure abt the step-dad...as I labeled him..... I didn't
interact w him.

Oh..also the settings button on the phone didn't work for me.
I appreciate the feedback. We may look at refining the navigation, so thanks!

The phone isn’t technically working yet, it’s a placeholder.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes