2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
nope should be either this month or next month depending on his rl commitments
I checked his Patreon and he has no updates for a few months, also has no patrons. I see that his computer with .3 content bit the dust, I can imagine it'd take him a while to build everything again.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
I checked his Patreon and he has no updates for a few months, also has no patrons. I see that his computer with .3 content bit the dust, I can imagine it'd take him a while to build everything again.

More then likely i just hope he does not abandon the game

Zetacube

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
More then likely i just hope he does not abandon the game
Hey guys, yep I'm still here and working on the game. Unfortunately main job problems are still going on and have left me with only a little bit of time to devote to the project, so it's fairly slow going. I'm also making a decent amount of changes to the stuff I wasn't happy with and that my players didn't express the most enthusiasm over, like the dialogue choice to unlock content for instance. Thanks for being patient! I hope I can have some better news soon for you guys.

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Hey guys, yep I'm still here and working on the game. Unfortunately main job problems are still going on and have left me with only a little bit of time to devote to the project, so it's fairly slow going. I'm also making a decent amount of changes to the stuff I wasn't happy with and that my players didn't express the most enthusiasm over, like the dialogue choice to unlock content for instance. Thanks for being patient! I hope I can have some better news soon for you guys.
Good to know! Keep on the good work :)

Reactions: Zetacube

Zetacube

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
You guys might wanna go check out the Patreon page. It's been updated since I had to tear most of it down awhile back because they reached out to me and asked me to make changes (more on that later), plus I posted a little teaser for you guys ;)

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Unfortunate news.

Just checked , and i saw this {posted 16 October, so it's current}:
Going forward all future releases are going to be made using RPG maker.
I'm outta here.

Reactions: phreadom

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Unfortunate news.

I'm outta here.
wait ? he mean release of this game ? or futurs others projects ?

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Unfortunate news.

Going forward all future releases are going to be made using RPG maker.
I'm outta here.
Ugh. :( Way to totally ruin a great start to a game. :( I certainly won't be playing it either.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
oh good grief, bailing because it's RPGM, really?
Yes. Absolutely.

Compared to Renpy for VN's, RPGMaker is utter garbage to actually use as a player. In my opinion of course, but it seems to be a pretty widely held opinion, and for apparently good reason.

Reactions: polky

Zetacube

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Sorry to hear that phreadom and PeggyBlackett :confused:, but I understand. I knew when I announced it not everyone would be on board! But like I mention in that post I hope that I can make a version of this game that without a lot of the annoyances people have with RPGmaker (too grindy/too much busywork, having to run across big maps, etc.) and hopefully you guys can get it another shot at some point. If not, that's OK! I appreciate you guys playing what you did.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry to hear that phreadom and PeggyBlackett :confused:, but I understand. I knew when I announced it not everyone would be on board! But like I mention in that post I hope that I can make a version of this game that without a lot of the annoyances people have with RPGmaker (too grindy/too much busywork, having to run across big maps, etc.) and hopefully you guys can get it another shot at some point. If not, that's OK! I appreciate you guys playing what you did.
for me, they are 2 point on rpgm that push me away from them..

the walking simulator. i m not against walking in a game, as long its not the sad excuse to go from one point to the complete opposite of the map for find a shitty thing and get back to the opposite again for give the shitty thing to someone.

the fighting. again,its not all of it, but i not like when the fighting happen too much or for no reason, like you walk on street and you have to fight dozens of bandit/scum or whatever for no reason, or the classic fight against rat at every corner at home or in abandonned places etc..

other than that, rpgm games can be very good, like "coceter chronicles" wich is a good exempl imho for rpgm game.

but that just my opinion. but maybe it can help a bit :)

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
" " is an example of a game made in RPGM that is highly playable - the first time that i played it, i didn't notice it was RPGM and if i thought about it, i probably assumed it was Unity or some such.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Renpy is generally available on all platforms out of the gate. It has a very easy interface for saving, loading, accessing options, hiding the user interface, control text speed, etc. In my experience, RPGM has lacked all of these things and made the play experience much less enjoyable as you feel much less in control of the play experience, if you're even able to play it at all on your platform without jumping through further hoops (like WINE etc.)

(Not to mention that Renpy is a free platform, whereas RPGM is not. But that affects the dev rather than the player.)

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes