VN Ren'Py EPHEMERALE [Development thread]

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
Hello, everyone. I'm DENGYOU, the solo developer of EPHEMERALE Visual Novel.
I work on this game in my spare time, mainly on weekends. The narrative is a major focus of the game.
As a fantasy gamer, I get inspiration from a variety of sources, including games, movies, and series.
One feature I particularly enjoy is how Dark Souls contains a guide for the hero, who is frequently depicted as a maiden.
However, I am thinking of taking it a step further.
What if the guide could take a more active role, perhaps risking her own body to steer the hero in the proper direction?
I'm excited to include this idea in the visual novel.
Stay tuned for future postings where I'll reveal more details!

STORY
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GAMEPLAY
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
logo teaser.png

Logo Title Update

This is the title logo I intend to use for the game. I was inspired by the iconic Final Fantasy logo, which always exudes an immense vibe. While I haven't played all of the games, just seeing their logos inspired me to create something magnificent.

I created the logo myself, with an Arabian-style font. I couldn't discover any current typefaces on the market that suited what I was looking for.

Here's the official EPHEMERALE logo!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: zerofreak

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
Untitled17 (9) (1).jpg

Character Introduction : Ilejah

In this visual novel, I build sprites from real models and then blend them with specific attributes that I want a character to possess.

Ilejah has a robust build and multiple scars on his hands. This is because he was born and reared in a difficult environment.

I've created four expressions that will alternate based on Ilejah's reactions to his participants. I intend to add four more expressions, specifically for our MC.

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 00.21.24 (1).jpeg
Character Introduction : Celica & Poeminaz

Celica is Poeminaz's wife. She is a calm and gentle individual. Despite her caring for Poeminaz, she is often used as a target for her master's rage.

Poeminaz is Ilejah and Celica's master. He owns the mining site where he gathers all of his slaves to labor under his orders. He is a proud man.

Poeminaz and Celica are NPCs with two expressions each.

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
This week's updates:

I've been working on the coding, which is both boring and exciting because this is my first game out of nowhere.

Since 2021, I've been playing with Ren'Py, originally assisting a friend in programming his game 'Blood & Sweat'. Unfortunately, he abandoned the game.

Visually, I made sprites for seven NPC characters. These will be part of the demo that I intend to release next month.

image 3 npc.jpg

I've also experimented with AI-generated images for backgrounds, as my background sketching skills are a little messy. Overall, I was pleased with the results, however not all of the objects were connected to my original drawing.

image 5 back.jpg

I've also been working on some sex scene sequences with Ilejah and Celica, which are triggered by specific choices.

image 4 npc.jpg

In developing my first visual novel, I hope to make choices that aren't overly straightforward, resulting in a more fascinating and challenging branching story.

Reactions: ulala9 and osanaiko

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
1712685432262.png

This week's updates:

I was working on finishing the demo, with a release scheduled for around next week.

The game may need another round of polish, which I am currently working on.

"One thing I've learned from playing many visual novels stored on this website is that sound effects really bring the world to life. I've applied that lesson in my game by incorporating more than ten sound effects."

The demo will have a playtime of roughly 10-15 minutes, featuring choices and story elements that will be unveiled in Chapter 1.

Reactions: Quintillian

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
DEMO updates:

After many hours and days, a lot of drawing, revision, coding, writing, and searching for matching sounds and SFX, it's finally done.

The DEMO is here, but for now, it's restricted since I'm trying to polish it more.

Anyone who is interested in trying it out and can provide me with feedback can DM me.

Any kind of critique or feedback would be greatly appreciated as I strive to enhance its quality.

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
After receiving valuable critique and feedback over the past few days, I'm excited to announce that the DEMO is finally released! Thank you all for your support and input. Dive in now and experience the game for yourself!

Head to my Itch.io page to And if you enjoy it, consider supporting my work on .

DENGYOU

Feb 7, 2022
Progress Update:

I originally worked on the story for the DEMO as Chapter 1. However, since I'm also in charge of the design and other tasks, which consume more time, I decided to split Chapter 1 into two parts. The DEMO serves as Part 1, and the next update will be Part 2, officially completing Chapter 1.