tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
If only pictures were common back in the glory days of AIF... Just a few months ago I started playing them and the lack of illustrations broke my heart. The stories and scenarios were miles ahead of anything that's being released today (not that I don't like modern games or apriciate the hard work that goes into creating all the lovely ladies we all love).

Reactions: SecretSal

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
#1 is still one of my top 10 AIF games ever. Simple setting, great erotic content. And Pool Party was a completely unexpected masterpiece that I still feel deserves a CG makeover.

Reactions: Firehole

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
The 'can't put ladder under window' problem is (probably) because you're trying to run the game in a newer version of ADRIFT than the game was designed for. If you run the game using the 3.9 runner, it should work fine; it *will not* work correctly when running in the 4.0+ runners.

Reactions: BaldrickCunningham
Jun 20, 2017
The 'can't put ladder under window' problem is (probably) because you're trying to run the game in a newer version of ADRIFT than the game was designed for. If you run the game using the 3.9 runner, it should work fine; it *will not* work correctly when running in the 4.0+ runners.
Ah thanks, I'll try that. Will report back.

EDIT: It worked.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Ah, the old days of AIF.
Christopher Cole, Goblinboy.

I've been digging through an old hard drive.
Here is a FAQ for Encounter 1.

Last edited:

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
If only pictures were common back in the glory days of AIF... Just a few months ago I started playing them and the lack of illustrations broke my heart. The stories and scenarios were miles ahead of anything that's being released today (not that I don't like modern games or apriciate the hard work that goes into creating all the lovely ladies we all love).
The lack of pictures is exactly why AIFs are what they are. They have to rely on the writing. Something that's sorely lacking in nearly all the modern games. It annoys me how brilliant recent offerings like The Last Sovereign get ignored for not having pictures but if you shit out 5 minutes of content with pictures people will flock to you in droves.

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Ahhh old school AIF. When people made complete games rather than put out alphas and tell you "Pay me and I MIGHT (but probably won't) finish the game... eventually.

Jun 20, 2017

You should play "Working Man" (I think that's what it's called) It's got loads of content and a lot of CG as well. It's really good. Definitely recommend that one.

Reactions: tarzan999

dalamar26

Mar 14, 2017
Newkid's games are fantasic. If you have never played them. You should. start with this Ideal New England Prep School then try Generic New York Apartment

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
I will check it out. Thanx!
Try GoblinBoy's School Dreams 3, Meteor, Last Horizon, Gifts of Phallus 3 and Tesliss Equation. All in TADS.
With SD3 he took AIF at least 5 levels higher then it was before.
Strong writing, beautiful pictures and bugfree.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Ok, cool thanks all for some of these AIF recommendations.

SD3 is amazing, I played it earlier this year, and am doing another run through now. I thought it was really interesting for having a character in it who was corrupted in an earlier game, but wasn't particularly thrilled about her whole situation. It's a shame he never did more, because there was a lot of stuff to mine in that series, not only Becky's sister, but stuff with Alison as well.

As far as these, I played the Study Group one so far is it was the most up my alley. It was OK, but I do have to say the interactivity is much worse than GoblinBoy's stuff. Not bad, but still better writing than every single game in the popular games section.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Ok, cool thanks all for some of these AIF recommendations.

SD3 is amazing, I played it earlier this year, and am doing another run through now. I thought it was really interesting for having a character in it who was corrupted in an earlier game, but wasn't particularly thrilled about her whole situation. It's a shame he never did more, because there was a lot of stuff to mine in that series, not only Becky's sister, but stuff with Alison as well.

As far as these, I played the Study Group one so far is it was the most up my alley. It was OK, but I do have to say the interactivity is much worse than GoblinBoy's stuff. Not bad, but still better writing than every single game in the popular games section.
The Encounter series is from 2002-2003 while GoblinBoys games, 11 as far as I know, were created between 2006 and 2013.
Another difference is the engine. With TADS there is much more possible then with Adrift 3.9.

Seeing all those old games on my hard drive, I think I will play some of them today.