Tutorial Ren'Py Enabling Developer & Command Consoles In Ren'py

Luigi_Murio

Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys! Trying to figure out how to enter correctly a code in the console.
According to the game Witch Hunter 0.3.2 the codes are
- inventory.money = x
- inventory.gold = x

But when I enter inventory.money = 9999
It's written : NameError: name 'inventory' is not defined (same for the other code)
So, what's wrong with those codes?
I'm trying to figure out myself, but I found nothing ^^'

Ps: I did put ''true'' instead of ''false'' in the 00.console.rpy
Pss: In the console it is written Ren'py script disabled. (Is it good?)

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Hey guys! Trying to figure out how to enter correctly a code in the console.
According to the game Witch Hunter 0.3.2 the codes are
- inventory.money = x
- inventory.gold = x

It's written : NameError: name 'inventory' is not defined (same for the other code)
I'm trying to figure out myself, but I found nothing ^^'

Ps: I did put ''true'' instead of ''false'' in the 00.console.rpy
Pss: In the console it is written Ren'py script disabled. (Is it good?)
It's impossible to say, unless someone reads the code first, so its best to post this in the Witch Hunter forum, not here. I have it downloaded, and I'll look at it later tonight, if I see anything I'll post it over there.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
There's nothing wrong with those codes (validated with the last update). Just don't be impatient. Wait for the game to start and the introduction to end, before trying to cheat.

omon-ra

Sep 9, 2018
hi,
i tried this method on princess trainer but its not working,after pressing shift+o consle doesn't come up
also i downloaded these games from these site

another problem that i m having is that witcher trainer opens in russian,how can i change language

if it the problem with the games i downloaded,can you give me links to all other akabur games
thanks..
¿alguien me ayuda con witch hunter 0.3.1? help

Oct 2, 2018
Im trying to get this to work on Evenicle (the renpy version) but can not seem to set it up right or maybe im just not doing something right? Anyone able to help me out would be appreciated

nerdy_guy

Jul 18, 2017
Hi all.

I am trying to enable developer mode in "Girls in Big Cities" (windows 10, system python 3.7), but it just doesn't work. Making "options.rpy" or "cheats.rpy" doesn't help. The closest I came is by using big integer in init:
Python:
init 10000:
    python hide:
        config.developer = True
in "cheats.rpy", but in the game shift+O or shift+E does nothing (ctrl tried as well), while shift+D throws exception "screen name _developer not known".

I have tried AON tool, it seems to work. But still, I am curious on what is the problem.

UPD: AON only works at the start of the game.

nerdy_guy

Jul 18, 2017
Oh... I'll look at this. At what moment you discovered that it stopped working ?
Basically it worked the moment I loaded game. Then I did some actions (just playing for a couple of minutes) and the error screen showed when I tried calling it again. If I save after this, quit and load, error persists.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Basically it worked the moment I loaded game. Then I did some actions (just playing for a couple of minutes) and the error screen showed when I tried calling it again. If I save after this, quit and load, error persists.
Well, I'll look at this, thanks. But no promise that I'll be able to quickly fix it, the code of this game is a real mess.

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
Is there a way to get this in android? Would be something cool if the console was able to be activated in Android too.

Kalmortha

Mar 9, 2019
I have tried everything in this and nothing is working for Sakura Dungeon (Uncensored), I've use the .bat, the Cheat, the 00console.rpy, the options, even the downloads posted here, I can't get this to work. Does it matter that my game runs as admin? You would think it shouldn't, btw I can't change it for some reason.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I have tried everything in this and nothing is working for Sakura Dungeon (Uncensored), I've use the .bat, the Cheat, the 00console.rpy, the options, even the downloads posted here, I can't get this to work. Does it matter that my game runs as admin? You would think it shouldn't, btw I can't change it for some reason.
Er... I just tried, and the console works fine, even when the game run as admin. Are you sure that you type SHIFT + o (it must be the lowercase "o") ?