3.00 star(s) 20 Votes

preferax

May 25, 2020
Not even the first of the month and we're already getting the next update, we're getting spoiled here.
The new mouse is super cute, can't wait to check the update out later!

Godot. GDSCRIPT is python. I studied the C languages myself (and used UNITY) for years, but python is just a similar simpler language by comparison.
I think this might be the first H-game I've played that was made in Godot. I've heard good things about it before, and it seems to be handling even my 50+-day-runs pretty decently.

Silvallié

Dec 22, 2018
First time playing this game and it's good but an option to save would be great to lose the first three scout on something helpful instead I was unable to flee and then grabbed and beat to fail on the wrong spawn.

A second map would be great the first show you the location of each area and the second should be a detailed map of the area you're in at the moment because the wasteland if I'm correct is a HUGE waste of space and a functional eggodex to roughly know who is where might be really helpful.

An option to send new recruit in the stable if you don't have enough space on you would be good too when I have to much on me but can't evolve them because of a lack of stone to see my effort reduced to zero feels worse than bad.

The unlocks are random sometimes and the emancipator buff is a lie the only great gift I had was to increase fertility I hoped for random evolution stone or fruits because they are really rare for my little exploration. A way to heal those mons with a quick nap or something.

And finally there is one soundtrack really annoying with a fly in the first map my brain just don't want to know if it's real or not and I'm just waving my arm to slap an invisible fly XD.

Is the crossbreeding will be a thing ? I'm not thinking of a fusion between Drakia SeaQueen and Rosaria even if it could be good but more of a stack of good genetics using the scouts like Ditto pump them first with the thing you want and then throw them in a pit of good genetics goo to make the resulting egg stronger now that I think about it what are those icons for what ? What do they do ?

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Is there a list/wiki of the keyworld bonus effect?
on the same vein, what are the effect of the different breeding bonuses:
I guess the 3 Dna is better stats, then there is 5 others i have no special clue:
- arrow upward
- hourglass (faster pregnency/egg hatch?)
-monster face
-green and red snowflake
-green human egg = more fecondation? (base is 3)
We need a wiki badly. I think if you mouseover these symbols you get a tooltip? Or maybe this is just in editor.
Not that the tooltip explains shit. There just needs to be a lengthy explanation somewhere in game letting people know this is intended to be an open world rogue lite, and what the fuck is happening with the mechanics.

How the fuck can i play it on joiplay....i remember it worked before so don't bullshit me
What? I have always released a windows .exe I dunno man I just hit export.
Actually I sometimes do a Linux release when someone pesters me about it, maybe there was a version that did that?

Not even the first of the month and we're already getting the next update, we're getting spoiled here.
The new mouse is super cute, can't wait to check the update out later!

I think this might be the first H-game I've played that was made in Godot. I've heard good things about it before, and it seems to be handling even my 50+-day-runs pretty decently.
The very first drafts of this game were UNITY too, and then UNITY (retroactively) changed their licensing agreement massively and after using unity for 8 years I threw up my hands and declared: FUCK THIS. Godot had been on the rise and good for a while. I actually think Godot is THE engine for single devs in 2D right now, and is getting strong at last, which is good because I supported it for a while.

And just this week BRACKEYS a famous tutorial maker for Unity decided to come back and is focusing exclusively on GODOT, LETS GOOOOO.

There's some people having an issue where their game slows down bigtime after day 20, I cannot replicate it for the life of me.

First time playing this game and it's good but an option to save would be great to lose the first three scout on something helpful instead I was unable to flee and then grabbed and beat to fail on the wrong spawn.

A second map would be great the first show you the location of each area and the second should be a detailed map of the area you're in at the moment because the wasteland if I'm correct is a HUGE waste of space and a functional eggodex to roughly know who is where might be really helpful.

An option to send new recruit in the stable if you don't have enough space on you would be good too when I have to much on me but can't evolve them because of a lack of stone to see my effort reduced to zero feels worse than bad.

The unlocks are random sometimes and the emancipator buff is a lie the only great gift I had was to increase fertility I hoped for random evolution stone or fruits because they are really rare for my little exploration. A way to heal those mons with a quick nap or something.

And finally there is one soundtrack really annoying with a fly in the first map my brain just don't want to know if it's real or not and I'm just waving my arm to slap an invisible fly XD.

Is the crossbreeding will be a thing ? I'm not thinking of a fusion between Drakia SeaQueen and Rosaria even if it could be good but more of a stack of good genetics using the scouts like Ditto pump them first with the thing you want and then throw them in a pit of good genetics goo to make the resulting egg stronger now that I think about it what are those icons for what ? What do they do ?
I am still chilled on a proper save mechanic, its harder to do than people think. But a lot of polish and features I will take a second look at after CAMPING V1 and then QUESTING V1 (JUNE) is in the game and settled.
For sure, the map I made is just V1, and a teaser for things to come too.

You mean an option to recruit when you don't have space, but to your stable. Ya. I think I should add that.
All the buffs and saving is fucked right now, I will be redoing the whole system next month.

I feel the same way about the ambient soundtrack, I will make a note of this, there's things that I won't accept, like cars or civilization noises, so that cuts down on the number of free CC0 tracks I will look at massively.

All the icons are for tracking how strong monsters are getting genetically. If you dug back through the thread (unreasonable ask) you could learn this. Basically monsters can ONLY become more perfect as you breed them and get more of their potential unlocked after generations. When a monster is conceived it checks to see all the buffs its SIRE has, it gets to have those, and then it gets to roll on potentially the NEXT tier of buffs, is how it works for now. But there's a buff for just being descended from a human, a buff from being descended from an ancestor born from a monster / scout TYPE identical pairing. A buff from being descended from a mini-boss, a legendary boss, ect.

I'm planning in the future for the Scout BASE and Genetic LAB to have upgrades that carry through playthroughs, so you don't have to just breed a million of one type of monster in order to get a perfect version of that monster. As it stands just touching the breeding mechanic and fruits mechanic right now yields monsters that are OP as fuck.

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
The losing a scout due to her getting pregnant is just stupid to me. It doesn't make any sense. There is a monster I saw that says it will take her as a mate, and that make sense, but the rest just don't. I hate that mechanic.

sendshekels

Jul 16, 2019
I have looked through some of the code cus i had a suspicion, you forgot to add some of the newer monsters their stones to the random_stone function thus locking players out of evolving quite a few of the creatures including Wind and spark types.
The mechanics are interesting but currently you often just kinda run out of some of the items and it's a bit weird that you MUST lose one of your limited characters to actually engage with an entire mechanic.

Some kind of codex would probably help and i can confirm that roll over info inside the monster info view doesn't give any hints on what the icons actually mean. Beyond that i find it kinda annoying to move over so many empty spaces in some menus especially in fights but thats a QoL thing.

Reactions: Invader Incubus

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Update this evening, Vulcha has won the poll, I finished her and Rosaria's X anim and will add them to the game and open a new monster poll, which I am excited about:
MayPoll.png
Okay I LOVE a lightening zebra, but I feel I went overboard on the thunder lizard option, since all these slim bird girls and bug girls leave me craving red meat. I think the thunder lizards scales need more detail, she feels a bit unfinished before release. I also think I have now done too many GIRLS WITH MONSTER LIMBS / in BIKINIS for a bit, and need to slide back into more monster looking chicks, like KIHIKIHI, or the earlier monsters... Ya between Warwolf, the birds and now this we are venturing a bit into a TOO human aesthetic. Also next feral male monster SOON.

I have looked through some of the code cus i had a suspicion, you forgot to add some of the newer monsters their stones to the random_stone function thus locking players out of evolving quite a few of the creatures including Wind and spark types.
The mechanics are interesting but currently you often just kinda run out of some of the items and it's a bit weird that you MUST lose one of your limited characters to actually engage with an entire mechanic.

Some kind of codex would probably help and i can confirm that roll over info inside the monster info view doesn't give any hints on what the icons actually mean. Beyond that i find it kinda annoying to move over so many empty spaces in some menus especially in fights but thats a QoL thing.
Thanks. This is just about the best feedback I could ask for, and I fixed this stupid oversight for... Today actually.

However, you are quickly going to super trigger me, or really any creator (especially solo creators), when you point out problems in our code, publicly. NOT BECAUSE WE AREN'T FREQUENTLY WRONG AND STUPID, WE ARE, but because our public and patrons are uniquely unsympathetic to our stupid mistakes, or how fucking complicated it is to juggle dozens of scripts with thousands of lines of code, or the fact I chose to do this in an under tutorialized engine, or the fact I am still making every aspect of the game, alone, assets and code, despite being a trained C# / C++ coder. It's like if I was fixing someone's car, and then another mechanic in the shop comes over and then humiliatingly reviews the tune up job his coworker did, in front of a customer. A thousand examples like that, work in this situation.

There's a lot of little stupid mistakes I don't want to talk about publicly, or my own personal situation because those complaints are only ever going to be heard by the people, who are MOST supportive of me and should least hear them, and only deserve my best and my hard work. The development of new mechanics was hot the first 2 months for example, because after being laid off I had loads of time, and the past few months I was adjusting to a new job, and kind of just squeaking out content (I feel). Whereas I would prefer to work on EGGOMON full time.

Just, if you find lots of messy, workable solutions remember this: UNDERTALE, is one of the worst coded games of all time. It also doesn't matter since it functions and is one of the best games of all time, mogging all over AAA titles.

I really like someone giving my work a once over and review, but am going to get sensitive about it if you choose to do it publicly. HOWEVER. I do need this kind of help, and super appreciate you saving me time looking over how I missed the function update, and sent me straight to random_stone() in the INVENTORY script. I can improve a lot. I have used this time you saved me, to whine to you about critiquing my work in this way.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
MAY FIRST:
VULCHA has won the poll and is in the game with her animation. Her unevolved form, HARPI will grace the skies of the plains as well.
VultureWins.png
NEXT MONSTER POLL is out now. We shall vote on the second SPARK monster to be added to the game.
Do you want a powerful Zebra warrior to dwell on the plains? Or a gigantic, slumbering, lizard woman?
This month I wished for a BIG STRONG lady to counter the continuing introduction of smaller Wind types. I made a Zebra, because electric zebra’s are one of my favorite monsters, and then I went a bit overboard... The Thunder Lizard monster is the largest monster to date, so big she has to squat to be seen fully in frame. I hope the vote is close, but I feel like it might get crushed by one side.
MayPoll.png
Rosaria has her X anim, FINALLY I can stop thinking about it, and all the XANIMS, until the day comes I remake them all in 256 pixels with 10 frames, instead of 128 and 5 frames, F***. Next I will be adding a bunch of x-anims to make them compatible with new mirror style and thus, new scouts (who are different sizes and shapes). So some old / early monsters will just get MORE animations. There’s also a new position for the scouts coming next month: Cowgirl, which I was uncomfortable with since it didn’t show off the monster enough... But whatever I guess. Interestingly I can also make it so the monsters will be feet facing or head facing the camera and make the scouts facing the camera or facing away (so cowgirl / reverse cowgirl).

CAMPING is almost done, I ripped out most of its half-finished code in order to get this VULCHA update out. You will be getting it this weekend. Camping is mostly finished and operational BUT didn’t make sense since the monsters you control couldn’t get agitated enough to FORCE you to camp (and then relieve their frustrations on you).

Camping works like this: Ideally you camp every other night, keeping your monsters well fed the whole time. Each night monster burns some calories. Calories are like a fuel tank, and you fuel them up by feeding them food from your inventory. When you camp, you get an opportunity to feed all of them, then choose to REST with [R].

When you choose to rest each monster you control takes a hunger test. During a hunger test each monster reviews if it is well fed. If the monster has lots of calories it doesn’t lose any obedience, and might gain some obedience (unlikely). If it is hungry it loses obedience.

Then each monster takes an obedience test. The lower obedience is, the more likely that monster is going to make a move on the scout. If their obedience test goes badly for the scout, the monster mounts the scout and attempts to impregnate her.

Go more than 1 night without camping and the monsters feel agitation, each time they are agitated they lose obedience automatically, and it gets worse if you put it off. Rest at rest points, which are going to be little fire pits spread across the map, and keep monsters fed. NOW the kicker is you probably WON’T be able to keep a full team of fully evolved monsters fed. Evolved monsters burn lots of calories and food is going to be scarce, trapping you in a position where you have to keep moving from zone to zone looting as much as possible. Just a BUG types can keep loading a scout up with eggs when mating in the stables, VEG types actually lose less calories a day, their unevolved forms lose NONE, WOW. (Each type is a bit special in its own way (forthcoming EGGODEX will explain more idiosyncrasies))

My idea is to keep lots of wild food sources off the main roads, forcing the player to explore and keep moving around the map. The main road will still lead you to landmarks where crates of items might be, but exploration will be rewarded. (I know you all know the 4 maps and the world isn’t big yet)
CampPromo.png
And of course, none of this is in the game YET. But almost. It feels pretty good to me from a macro design perspective, and so far in the game it works okay. But I think the rates of hunger, and loads of polish explaining what the fuck is going on, is needed badly now.

SO PLEASE IGNORE THE CALORIE AND OBEDIENCE METERS AND REST WARNINGS. I didn’t pull those out for this 1st of the month release.

TEMP: Saving and loading data is suspended for the time being until I can overhaul the process this month. I was using an old method that wasn’t suitable for GODOT 4.0. You can still earn unlocks they just are not recorded, for now.
CHANGED: Plains ambience isn’t as loud.
FIXED: I hadn’t added spark or wind stones to the key random stone function. They are added now.

I need to get back to more MONSTEROUS monsters now, too many bikini ladies and human chicks (harpies pushing us over the line) Kihikihi is a good standard IMO. Also a new feral male soon.

The sheer size and imagined girth of that lizard-dragon-mommy has got me acting up
I love Zeebs... Why did I pit her against this monstrosity? We gonna need some cumflation if Thunder Lizard gets picked too. Give her some bonus virility, like GRONG...

3.00 star(s) 20 Votes