RPGM Editing RPG Maker MV games

Jun 7, 2017
Isn't there a way to open up published games in RPG Maker MV to edit? I'm interested in trying my hand at translation, but the game I'd like to get into is an MV game, and I can't figure out how to open it. I have no experience with technical things like this, so I wouldn't know where to begin cracking it or if it even needs cracking. Anyone know if it's doable?

As far as I can tell it needs an .rpgmaker file to open a project in the editor. I've seen references to .json files around (some kind of encryption I guess) but the game I have has none.

Please excuse my noobishness, thanks :winkytongue:

Reactions: Shirouste

Symplexity

Aug 12, 2017
I too, am doing an RPG Maker MV game translation (My Secret Summer Vacation). Post the link to the game you're talking about and I can walk you through the specifics.

Or if that game has a 'www' folder, create a new project in RPG Maker MV then copy the contents of the 'www' folder into that new project.

Jun 7, 2017
I too, am doing an RPG Maker MV game translation (My Secret Summer Vacation). Post the link to the game you're talking about and I can walk you through the specifics.

Or if that game has a 'www' folder, create a new project in RPG Maker MV then copy the contents of the 'www' folder into that new project.
There is no www folder. I'm really getting the vibe that they didn't want this game edited, but too fuckin bad lol.

It looks like a god. damn. masterpiece but I refuse to play a game with so much unreadable text. You really lose a lot of the experience, ya know?

Any assistance is appreciated :p

Jun 7, 2017
The game files have .wolf RPG extension so this might help:

That's...fucking weird. I would have sworn on my blood that it was an MV game, but you're right that it uses .wolf files. It didn't even occur to me to try that, thanks! I'll let you know of my success or failure.

You rock! :firstimekiss:

Reactions: Symplexity
Jun 7, 2017
Admittedly I've been pretty busy with work lately, so I haven't given it much time. But I did try to get the game open in wolf editor, and I can't figure that shit out. I hate to be such a beggar, but if you even have a simple suggestion, I'm all ears.

PS: Paranoia Agent is a fuckin excellent anime

Deleted member 498007

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2018
You want to open an RMMV game in the editor as a project? That is very easy, just create a new empty project, get the Game.exe(I think that's the name, not sure, it weights a few KB), and paste it in the folder of the game you want to edit.

I once had lost my project folder and had to do that... Several times actually.

Cube-Chan

Jun 6, 2017
So, there is this new Dieselmine game called Trinity Dungeon.
It runs in MV and has an animated standing picture that slows the game down to an almost unplayable level.
Any Idea how to remove that thing so the game becomes playable?
I tried messing with plugins to see which might be reponsiblefor this but no luck so far.
Turns out they are .webm files.

Reactions: voltairepop
Jun 7, 2017
So, there is this new Dieselmine game called Trinity Dungeon.
It runs in MV and has an animated standing picture that slows the game down to an almost unplayable level.
Any Idea how to remove that thing so the game becomes playable?
I tried messing with plugins to see which might be reponsiblefor this but no luck so far.
Turns out they are .webm files.
sorry m8, couldn't tell ya, I'm just some shmuck on the internet

Yukikaze D

Dec 19, 2019
Sorry, but I need to confirm this.

So, all you need to translate a RPGMaker MV-based game is throwing the Game.exe or www folder to the RPGMaker MV tool and rewrite the dialogues, then just repacking it in order to make it work?
I have some projects that I want to translate but still afraid that it might suddenly broke the game since I have almost no experience with Game Maker Apps.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Sorry, but I need to confirm this.

So, all you need to translate a RPGMaker MV-based game is throwing the Game.exe or www folder to the RPGMaker MV tool and rewrite the dialogues, then just repacking it in order to make it work?
I have some projects that I want to translate but still afraid that it might suddenly broke the game since I have almost no experience with Game Maker Apps.
Well you can't really break a game by just changing the dialogues.

What you must be careful about is when translating the actual plugins/scripts, cuz if you don't know what you're doing, you'll probably mess up some of the code.