DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
DeviantDreamsGames Thanks for working on this, it's looking good! You might want to link an old triple triad guide in the first post to save a bit of grief?

Couple of errors, might be 0.18 specific.

After the second card battle with seraphina (top red text in red in sequence on the scene):
Code:
Image 'cg seraphina7' not found.
Image 'cg seraphina10' not found.
Image 'cg seraphina8' not found.
Image 'cg seraphina10' not found.
After picking the top option at the end of day 3 (renpy error):
Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 123, in execute_play_music
    renpy.music.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
    return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2262, in <module>
Finally, some general impressions in case they're helpful during development.
  • In triple triad, capture is an obvious flip animation (and the blue/red are more clearly shown) - I think both of these would help board comprehension.
  • As well as red/blue being hard to see at a glance, the rarity is a bit hard to read from the current card frames.
  • Currently cards are made as PNGs with both the numbers and the red/blue as part of the image. If you can, I'd split the card frame from the image, and composite in the game. That would mean making fewer card images, and be easier to tweak them later for balance and flavor.
  • Being able to click on a card to see the image a little larger would be helpful.
  • Some obvious theming to the characters would be cool, for instance Anya having strong left+right cards. Opponents with more directional cards also makes deck variations to beat them a bit more fun.
  • Being able to see your available cards outside of a match would help (and deck building etc later).
  • Being able to see your gold (and items? where did the pastry go, did I eat it?) would be handy too.
  • The progressive scenes with regions are neat, the slide in animation is perhaps a bit too chunky? Maybe tweak the easing?
  • Ideally time passing should be super clear in the interface options . Some extra text or a marker if visiting a location or picking an option will advance time?
thanks for all the bug reports! will make sure to fix them on the next patch.
"In triple triad, capture is an obvious flip animation (and the blue/red are more clearly shown) - I think both of these would help board comprehension."
I'll try to improve on this point
"Being able to click on a card to see the image a little larger would be helpful"
It's on the roadmap to add a gallery mode in the future where you can zoom in on the cards and a way to check your collection outside of the card battle
"Being able to see your gold (and items? where did the pastry go, did I eat it?) would be handy too."
Good point! Will think of that also for the future
"The progressive scenes with regions are neat, the slide in animation is perhaps a bit too chunky? Maybe tweak the easing?"
What do you mean by chunky? The images are too big?
"Ideally time passing should be super clear in the interface options . Some extra text or a marker if visiting a location or picking an option will advance time?"
That was made on purpose, as I wanted to give the idea that time was passing without clearly showing how much time it takes to do a task (just like in real life) I might do a bit of revamp on that though on the future

Thanks for all the feedback, helps a lot!

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
I can't understand how long is the game, or how many contents it has.
In other words, I don't know if it ends for bad choices/paths or simply because I'm at the end of the actually contents.
0.1.8 Version only has 3 days.
The game is non-linear so you can do multiple paths and discover new things. If you play the game again and make different choises you will see different content. There are no bad endings as the game is sandbox style.
As the game progresses development wise, there will be more days available to play and you will be able to find it easier what you missed.

Reactions: funkygallo

BiggestIsBest

Dec 21, 2020
I wonder why there ist no possibillity to do one turn back.
Once klicked too fast the Dialog is gone,
Or if you aren't a native english reader - you
probably want to go back an read some things again.

Count it as a wich ;)

But - nice Game - nice Environment and Charakters.
Looking forward for more ;)

Tommyemporea

Jan 20, 2018
Can we have a code this time considering it's 1st time the game appeared here? Also I was looking for patreon to become patron as I like the idea of the game, wanna see how far it can go, but couldn't find it. Link would come in handy DeviantDreamsGames

edit: Found it and became patron. Thanks regardless

Last edited:
Reactions: DeviantDreamsGames

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
*researched* So long as artwork isn't used, then? Shit me, they must've been going after the artwork.
Yep, that's right, as long as you don't use their assets. If game rules/mechanics could be copyrighted we would be in trouble, since most companies would trademark the most basic stuff, from strafing in shooters or the area reducing like in battle royales.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Good news! I've found a way to solve the issue for everyone having issues when the game breaks in the first card game.

I will release a patched version later today and will add some QoL changes, like the option to skip the tutorial altogether.

Drewbie, I think that's a bug. I'll investigate it and fix it and also deploy it in today's release
I played the bug fix version today(018a) and it works. No more 'stopped responding' messages.

Thanks and continued success!

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Hi again, thought I'd pass on this error message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
NameError: name 'tension' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 2262, in script
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Hi again, thought I'd pass on this error message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 2262, in script
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "F:\AVN\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.1.8a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
Thanks for the error report! I'll fix it for the next release

Reactions: sgenter

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Hey DeviantDreamsGames

Great start into the game. Beautiful background CGs, the girls are nicely modeled and have different shapes. I especially loved the introduction scene from Maeve and Isolde. As I love triple triad and get to watch beautiful girls, I'm obviously excited to play your game. Here are a few thing that came to my attention:

1. When you decide to help the bullied girl (Elena?) in the streets you currently can't meet Seraphine. But she is later mention in the tavern, either in the evening/night of the same day or the next morning.

2. The places you can visit are abundant, but the long list on the screen (Bakery, Church, Merchant, Tavern, etc.) where you decide where to go is visually not very appealing. Perhaps you could make some buttons with some small icons you can click on to visit different places. A typical town map that is often used in other games.

3. As you obviously know triple triad, I suggest you take over the placing elements from it: Maximum size of the card board in the middle, cards at the left and right side for the players. It makes the whole game easier to see and provides a better use of the space. It would help with the visibility of the card values, make it easier to see which card on the board belongs to who and provide a better chance to admire the card motives.

4. The cards are delicate and so are the borders. During the game, when the cards are on the field I found it difficult to differentiate if the card was tagged blue or red. A stronger indicator would be nice, although the 3rd suggestion above might solte the problem already.

5. I recon you will acquire a good amount of cards during the game. A way to seperate favorites would be nice so that when the pool increases you no longer have to select them out of 50 cards. An interim solution could be to change the order of your cards by moving them up top...

6. The different overlapping pictures during the sex scenes are new to me. A nice artistic touch I didn't notice anywhere else yet. Although I think this has a good amount of potential I was a bit miffed as in some scenes it looks like someone made a copy of the original picture, cut the sides and did a really bad job at merging them back together. It especially came to my attention during Astrids scene. Maybe you can try out an option where they fit better together and see if it is to your taste as well.
1705050398726.png

7. I noticed that music changes come quite abruptly. Perhaps you can program a fade out of the previous background music 2-3 screens before the change to make it not so prominent.

8. Probably very, very low on your to do list, but I still want to suggest it: The cards have different motives of the girls. Although they are all beautiful, obviously one will prefer one over the others. I would really appreciate it, if I can choose the card cover and the values separately and combine them in the end when I can choose a card to acquire from a defeated enemy. E.g. Card motive from card A but the values (4/2/5/6) from card B.

All that being said: Thank you very much for the game, I'm looking forward to the next updates and keep up the great work!

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Hey DeviantDreamsGames

Great start into the game. Beautiful background CGs, the girls are nicely modeled and have different shapes. I especially loved the introduction scene from Maeve and Isolde. As I love triple triad and get to watch beautiful girls, I'm obviously excited to play your game. Here are a few thing that came to my attention:

1. When you decide to help the bullied girl (Elena?) in the streets you currently can't meet Seraphine. But she is later mention in the tavern, either in the evening/night of the same day or the next morning.

2. The places you can visit are abundant, but the long list on the screen (Bakery, Church, Merchant, Tavern, etc.) where you decide where to go is visually not very appealing. Perhaps you could make some buttons with some small icons you can click on to visit different places. A typical town map that is often used in other games.

3. As you obviously know triple triad, I suggest you take over the placing elements from it: Maximum size of the card board in the middle, cards at the left and right side for the players. It makes the whole game easier to see and provides a better use of the space. It would help with the visibility of the card values, make it easier to see which card on the board belongs to who and provide a better chance to admire the card motives.

4. The cards are delicate and so are the borders. During the game, when the cards are on the field I found it difficult to differentiate if the card was tagged blue or red. A stronger indicator would be nice, although the 3rd suggestion above might solte the problem already.

5. I recon you will acquire a good amount of cards during the game. A way to seperate favorites would be nice so that when the pool increases you no longer have to select them out of 50 cards. An interim solution could be to change the order of your cards by moving them up top...

6. The different overlapping pictures during the sex scenes are new to me. A nice artistic touch I didn't notice anywhere else yet. Although I think this has a good amount of potential I was a bit miffed as in some scenes it looks like someone made a copy of the original picture, cut the sides and did a really bad job at merging them back together. It especially came to my attention during Astrids scene. Maybe you can try out an option where they fit better together and see if it is to your taste as well.
View attachment 3254642

7. I noticed that music changes come quite abruptly. Perhaps you can program a fade out of the previous background music 2-3 screens before the change to make it not so prominent.

8. Probably very, very low on your to do list, but I still want to suggest it: The cards have different motives of the girls. Although they are all beautiful, obviously one will prefer one over the others. I would really appreciate it, if I can choose the card cover and the values separately and combine them in the end when I can choose a card to acquire from a defeated enemy. E.g. Card motive from card A but the values (4/2/5/6) from card B.

All that being said: Thank you very much for the game, I'm looking forward to the next updates and keep up the great work!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely take in consideration much of the input you gave.

About some of the points already addressed:
3. I've redesigned the UI to be more in accordance to the CCGs that exist currently, the arena is now more slick and updated. I will post some images here soon. This will come out in version 0.2.2
4.I've started the card redesign process, art is more high res and remade the card frame. It's still almost the same but I didn't had it in high res and now it's done. It's also to prepare for the card zoom in your gallery collection for future updates(planned). So cards are slightly bigger in size now allowing for more detail in the art and helps differentianting the colors. Also reworking the red cards to a more bright and more easy to recognize when they are captured. This will come out in version 0.2.2(except the zoom and gallery)
5. There will be filters for silver,gold, epic and legendary. UI was redesigned here also from the ground up. It will also come out in 0.2.2

I plan to release 0.2.1 free public version around 10-15 February and 0.2.2 in the same date for patrons, as patrons have always the version at least 1 month earlier.

I can release more info here in a week or so on how the updates are going.
Echoes0.2.2preview.png

Who wants to keep a closer look can always join the discord, many things are posted there once in a while :)

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
That's a lie. There are no virus. Where are you downloading from?
You'll often run into people using Windows Defender garbage or some other bull. They're not capable of determining the version of Ren'Py used and simply copying over the game assets/content and doing a comparison to determine if there is anything malicious. In short, best to reply that there isn't any and they don't have to run it if they don't want do. Odd they say "won't download" when their AV could've only bitched if they had. Sounds like a complete lapse of mind -forum rules happy dialogue censorship- or someone trying to tank/troll you but doing a poor job of it.

4.20 star(s) 14 Votes