RPGM Completed Dungeon Buster -Cydney Quest- [Migome]

Guriet

Jun 10, 2018
@Guriet RPG Maker MV doesn't have a Run Time Package (RTP) the way previous engines do, and there shouldn't be any need for you to install the game making engine to remedy any issues with Dungeon Buster Cydney. I'm sorry if that's what you thought I was telling you to do, I guess I didn't explain properly.

Did you try opening index.html in an HTML5 and Java enabled browser?

But yes, each engine's RTP is different from the previous and future iterations', and most games do in fact need you to have them installed because their developers used assets included within them that they choose not to package with their game to lower the memory requirements for uploading, downloading, and installation purposes. In truth, if you know exactly what files the developer used from the engine's RTP, you could just find and put them in the games' directories yourself, but you'll probably end up with several redundant copies of files scattered across all your games that way.
I opened index.html in Google Chrome and was saying:

Error (yellow color)
Failed to load: data/Actors.json

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
@Guriet Well that's strange. Can you check if the Actors.json file exists inside your game's "./www/data" directory, and if it contains the following inside it (open it with Notepad++, Notepad, or some other text editor)?
Code:
[
null,
{"id":1,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":0,"characterName":"actor-1","classId":1,"equips":[2,0,58],"faceIndex":0,"faceName":"Actor1-1","traits":[],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Cydney","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"An adventure from Apple Village.\nShe has been tripped to many places."},
{"id":2,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":6,"characterName":"Actor1","classId":2,"equips":[12,13,17],"faceIndex":6,"faceName":"Actor1","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":10,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Alex","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A fighter from Town of Carpenter.\nHis life was boring because the law and order is good in the town."},
{"id":3,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":4,"characterName":"Actor2","classId":4,"equips":[11,12,16],"faceIndex":4,"faceName":"Actor2","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Ed","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A mage form Town of Ruin.\nHe even can cook with magic."},
{"id":4,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":2,"characterName":"Actor1","classId":3,"equips":[10,11,15],"faceIndex":2,"faceName":"Actor1","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Louie","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A Hunter from Apple Village.\nHe’s not strong but good a bow."}
]
Because that's pretty much all the file should contain, typoes from the translation and all.

If the file exists and all, can you check if you put the game in a drive that automatically assigns "Read Only" traits to all its folders? That could be the reason the game's behaving weirdly. If you're using Windows, right click on the folder to open its Properties window and check if the checkbox next to "Read Only" is either checked or a solid black square, and if so, clear it and apply the changes. It should ask you if you want to apply it to all files and subfolders within, which you should say Yes to: Hopefully that should fix the issue if the files are all there.

Guriet

Jun 10, 2018
@Guriet Well that's strange. Can you check if the Actors.json file exists inside your game's "./www/data" directory, and if it contains the following inside it (open it with Notepad++, Notepad, or some other text editor)?
Code:
[
null,
{"id":1,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":0,"characterName":"actor-1","classId":1,"equips":[2,0,58],"faceIndex":0,"faceName":"Actor1-1","traits":[],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Cydney","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"An adventure from Apple Village.\nShe has been tripped to many places."},
{"id":2,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":6,"characterName":"Actor1","classId":2,"equips":[12,13,17],"faceIndex":6,"faceName":"Actor1","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":10,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Alex","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A fighter from Town of Carpenter.\nHis life was boring because the law and order is good in the town."},
{"id":3,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":4,"characterName":"Actor2","classId":4,"equips":[11,12,16],"faceIndex":4,"faceName":"Actor2","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Ed","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A mage form Town of Ruin.\nHe even can cook with magic."},
{"id":4,"battlerName":"","characterIndex":2,"characterName":"Actor1","classId":3,"equips":[10,11,15],"faceIndex":2,"faceName":"Actor1","traits":[{"code":62,"dataId":0,"value":1}],"initialLevel":1,"maxLevel":99,"name":"Louie","nickname":"","note":"","profile":"A Hunter from Apple Village.\nHe’s not strong but good a bow."}
]
Because that's pretty much all the file should contain, typoes from the translation and all.

If the file exists and all, can you check if you put the game in a drive that automatically assigns "Read Only" traits to all its folders? That could be the reason the game's behaving weirdly. If you're using Windows, right click on the folder to open its Properties window and check if the checkbox next to "Read Only" is either checked or a solid black square, and if so, clear it and apply the changes. It should ask you if you want to apply it to all files and subfolders within, which you should say Yes to: Hopefully that should fix the issue if the files are all there.
When I opened the folder and put what you wrote, it did not change anything, but before changed, there were only 2 lines and not all of the ones you wrote. But the strange thing is that all the games I downloaded and that need to use the RPG Maker MV to start (I know this because the file icon to start the game needs RPG Maker MV, then I'll leave the attached photo) they do not work, but those who need the RPG Maker VX Ace (a dragon icon) and VX (a horse icon) work.

Guriet

Jun 10, 2018
I was searching the internet for results for this problem and I saw that the Chrome browser gives this problem to some people, and then I tried to open the "index" file in the Firefox browser and it worked !! But I wanted to play the game on my PC and not have to open on the internet, I would like to solve this problem ....

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Well, you should be able to just run the Game.exe, but if you're really having this black screen issue with absolutely every single game you've downloaded that was made with RPG Maker MV when you try that: It sounds like you're going to have to stick with using Firefox until someone can use the information you've shared to decipher your issue.

I have no idea why your Actors.json file for this game was only 2 lines, for example.

I won't repeat myself on the "RPG Maker MV games don't need RTP or the Game Development Engine installed to function" bit, because honestly, installing the engine shouldn't really affect anything negatively either unless you've been manually overwriting each games' files for some reason.

Guriet

Jun 10, 2018
Well, you should be able to just run the Game.exe, but if you're really having this black screen issue with absolutely every single game you've downloaded that was made with RPG Maker MV when you try that: It sounds like you're going to have to stick with using Firefox until someone can use the information you've shared to decipher your issue.

I have no idea why your Actors.json file for this game was only 2 lines, for example.

I won't repeat myself on the "RPG Maker MV games don't need RTP or the Game Development Engine installed to function" bit, because honestly, installing the engine shouldn't really affect anything negatively either unless you've been manually overwriting each games' files for some reason.
So could you help me to contact someone who knows how to fix it? I think someone on the F95zone staff know how help.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
So could you help me to contact someone who knows how to fix it? I think someone on the F95zone staff know how help.
I don't know if any of the forum's staff are dedicated to troubleshooting, but you could open up a new thread in the General Troubleshooting sub-forum ( ) for your issue.

I did a search and the most similar existing threads I could find were , but neither one appears to be your exact issue from what I can tell.

Mittens13

Jun 17, 2018
Can anyone provide a new save file (preferably Mega) because the current Mediafire link doesn't work for me because I get blocked by an Insecure Connection message using Firefox and M Edge.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
@Erza321 Here's mine, starts you off inside the game's gallery room post-completion. Put the files inside in the game's ./www/ folder. You could be adventurous and see if the file1.rpgsave works on its own, or rename it and change its number to keep your existing saves intact.

Not really worth it, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ares02

Jan 20, 2018
wait... it fihishes like this?
Really?

oh...well... in the end the first scene was also the best so I can live with it :coldsweat:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Feels like another rushed ending game. Sad, too, cause a lot of these games start off really cool, then just end up unfinished-completed lol.
Encounter rate is horrendous. Why is it so difficult to find an RPGM game where I can walk more than 3 steps without getting a random encounter? At least you can escape them easily, but it still slows down the progress of the game.

Bugs and mistakes and missed opportunities everywhere.....So...clothes ripped, covered in cum, and yet nobody recognizes that when she talks to them...sadly missed opportunity.

She loses in a boss battle, and gets raped, then wakes up standing in front of the town INN. OK...but she loses to a random encounter and no sex scene and just a game over. How does that even work? lmao

And this is more of a global issue with this engine, and not particular to this game, but when editing saves, the stats and items menus are in English, while the variables are all in Japanese. Can't change any variables without playing a guessing game haha.

This game would get a 2 star rating if I cared enough to rate a completed-unfinished game.