VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
and he is in the board of Directors of Electronics Arts.
looks like we solved another case, Watson.
Well, if he had been on that board, he wouldn't have any need for Patreon.

A quick google;

"As Chief Executive Officer at ELECTRONIC ARTS INC, ANDREW WILSON made$35,728,764 in total compensation. Of this total $1,141,731 was received as a salary, $2,500,000 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options,$32,025,759 was awarded as stock and $61,274 came from other types of compensation."

Meanwhile they fired a bunch of people for not meeting their "targets" lol. That is an awful lot of loot boxes and crap just to pay for Mr Wilson :p

Meanwhile over at Activision Blizzard;

"Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick’s compensation for 2017 was $28,698,375, according to the video game publisher submitted earlier this week to the U.S. Security and Exchanges Commission. Don’t be too jealous, though—that’s actually a pay cut. But it’s still over 300 times what the median Activision employee made."

Now lets go back to kick creators on Patreon around for their scum practices of scam people? Or?

Reactions: Toto72 and yandex

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016

A quick google;

"As Chief Executive Officer at ELECTRONIC ARTS INC, ANDREW WILSON made$35,728,764 in total compensation. Of this total $1,141,731 was received as a salary, $2,500,000 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options,$32,025,759 was awarded as stock and $61,274 came from other types of compensation."

Meanwhile they fired a bunch of people for not meeting their "targets" lol. That is an awful lot of loot boxes and crap just to pay for Mr Wilson :p

"Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick’s compensation for 2017 was $28,698,375, according to the video game publisher submitted earlier this week to the U.S. Security and Exchanges Commission. Don’t be too jealous, though—that’s actually a pay cut. But it’s still over 300 times what the median Activision employee made."

Now lets go back to kick creators on Patreon around for their scum practices of scam people? Or?
Dunno why people get so mad about big companies firing employees. It's their right. Their employees are not owed anything besides being given a heads up beforehand. Also, if EA and Activision are really making more money than ever then maybe these CEO's deserve their salaries.

Reactions: yandex

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Dunno why people get so mad about big companies firing employees. It's their right. Their employees are not owed anything besides being given a heads up beforehand. Also, if EA and Activision are really making more money than ever then maybe these CEO's deserve their salaries.
If you pocket 35 million USD, and then fire 800 people for not meeting sales target at same time. You don't find such odd at all?

If you look back at Nintendo and Satoru Iwata, he refused to fire people and took a pay cut himself (and other exec's).

In any regard, there is a rebellion in the gaming world against the like of EA and Activision over how games get monetized, pay walled and so on. And this now more than often on tripe A's you pay 60 bucks up front for. Sometimes even for for "special" editions and what not. The phrase "games for gamers, by gamers" is sadly long gone.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
If you pocket 35 million USD, and then fire 800 people for not meeting sales target at same time. You don't find such odd at all?

If you look back at Nintendo and Satoru Iwata, he refused to fire people and took a pay cut himself (and other exec's).

In any regard, there is a rebellion in the gaming world against the like of EA and Activision over how games get monetized, pay walled and so on. And this now more than often on tripe A's you pay 60 bucks up front for. Sometimes even for for "special" editions and what not. The phrase "games for gamers, by gamers" is sadly long gone.
I agree that microtransactions are worse than Hitler and I commend the Nintendo exec for doing that, but still I see no reason why EA and Activision shouldn't be able to fire employees. It's the same thing with people on here bitching about not getting an update for over an year. You are not owed anything. Welcome to the real world.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I agree that microtransactions are worse than Hitler and I commend the Nintendo exec for doing that, but still I see no reason why EA and Activision shouldn't be able to fire employees. It's the same thing with people on here bitching about not getting an update for over an year. You are not owed anything. Welcome to the real world.
People get fired and let go in the gaming industry all the time. But mostly over companies and game studios failing. Such as Tell Tale Games of most recent. Not with media announce the CEO pocket 35m USD (of majority was a bonus and stocks). And then follow with fire 800 people. If you are not meeting target sales, and things go so poorly you need to fire so many people. I see no reason why a CEO should get awarded a bonus of such a size. It was done to appease stock holders more than any. Both EA's and Activision's stocks been taking a major beating.

Reactions: Sharku

KeyvinCarter

Dec 11, 2017

A quick google;

Thanks for ruining the joke.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Missing old BioWare, Kotor, Baldur's Gate. Hell, I miss Shepard so mach!
i should go ...
I know that the Mass Effect trilogy is flawed gameplay-wise, but the story, characters, villains and universe in those games are the best in the history of fiction! That's a hill I'm willing to die on. Just so this post doesn't get removed: Where the fook is the next update?

Reactions: dE_VoYd

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I know that the Mass Effect trilogy is flawed gameplay-wise, but the story, characters, villains and universe in those games are the best in the history of fiction! That's a hill I'm willing to die on. Just so this post doesn't get removed: Where the fook is the next update?
Can just as well discuss other games meanwhile waiting :p If you look at the Mass Effect games, you could kinda see the transformation of Bioware turning into something else. Mass Effect 3 was... totally ruined by the ending, which they did go back and try to fix due to the outcry of the fans. It was like no matter what you did in the game, the end just took a giant dump on your efforts as nothing did matter. Bioware wrecked Dragons Age as well, Origins was one of the best rpg's I played since the old BG games. When DA2 came, it was like a giant slap in the face. DA3 did redeem itself a bit somewhat, but the magic kinda gone. With their latest release Anthem, you could pretty much start put the final nails in their coffin. Bioware is nothing more than the name these days. The talent and people that built it is long gone.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm new to this thread and game, so correct me if I'm wrong:
This game hasn't had an update for almost a year, yet the dev is making over $7,000 on Patreon? WTF?

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
ME3 is a good game with a disappointing ending. He was not bad (at least for me, something like that I expected), he was just not what people expected. There is no happy ending for Shepard and not much freedom of choice.
When I finished the trilogy, I had a shitty mood for several days, but not because of the fact that the game is bad, quite the contrary, the story of Shepard and his team were fantastic and I was very sad by the thought that it was over, but it ended epic. Since then, I have not seen such good games (elaboration of the world, characters, relationships), so every few years I again play the trilogy about Captain Shepard and his team.
As for Mass Effect: Andromeda ... This is a normal game, but shame as Mass Effect.
And this scene ...
I fucking cried like a little girl.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
I played ME3 only for Miranda Lawson and that Asari, i had a hunch since the plot involved such vass galaxy and they removed those personal side missions of ME2, it might be not for me

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Bioware wrecked Dragons Age as well, Origins was one of the best rpg's I played since the old BG games. When DA2 came, it was like a giant slap in the face.
Holy shit can I relate to that quote. I played the original DAO for weeks, after 2-3 days I gave up on DA2. We went from a huge interesting world to explore to the most dreary, bland, fucking city I'd ever seen, a city that was just randomly infested with bandits and criminals constantly looking for a fight from what I remember. If I wanted to walk around a shitty city and get attacked randomly, I'd just head outside for a few hours.

Also the romance plots got ridiculous as fuck in the end with Bioware, just thrown in for the sake of it. Remember how the Bastilia/Revan romance in KOTOR was kinda cute and funny? Yeah, who needs that when you can have haphazardly cobbled together romances flung together by someone who probably thinks George Lucas knows how to write good romance..."I don't like sand..."

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Holy shit can I relate to that quote. I played the original DAO for weeks, after 2-3 days I gave up on DA2. We went from a huge interesting world to explore to the most dreary, bland, fucking city I'd ever seen, a city that was just randomly infested with bandits and criminals constantly looking for a fight from what I remember. If I wanted to walk around a shitty city and get attacked randomly, I'd just head outside for a few hours.

Also the romance plots got ridiculous as fuck in the end with Bioware, just thrown in for the sake of it. Remember how the Bastilia/Revan romance in KOTOR was kinda cute and funny? Yeah, who needs that when you can have haphazardly cobbled together romances flung together by someone who probably thinks George Lucas knows how to write good romance..."I don't like sand..."
The immersion with DA2 faded very fast when they re-used the same graphic assets/scenery over and over. And with the random encounters you described. How they was just falling out of the sky. You literally saw them fall down. Maybe they was supposed to jump down from rooftops? idk, it was silly as fk. As for the romance stuff? I think After DA: Origins, they just started throw it in as as something mandatory without much consideration. Some of the stuff in origins, was hilarious quite good and the party banter was some of the best I seen in games. Origins was a game made for the PC, with DA2, you clearly saw they did push that for consoles.

KOTOR was quite good. I think KOTOR 2 was quite good as well, although the end was rushed. I don't really blame Obsidian for that part though. They got told times up, and had to release. Chris Avellone was working on that title, and you should be hard pressed to find a bad game of his. If you haven't tried it yet, you should give "Pathfinder: Kingmaker" a look. The romance stuff there too kinda funny.

Kinda funny how many of these games had a lot of "adult" fan fiction, mods and so forth made for/based on them.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes