VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
Because he said so, or because you think/assume so? You should read the end of the xmas update, in regard of that part. He isn't dependent of Patreon as a payment/sub platform. You can find link to his own site on his patreon page. A lot of creators rolled over in regard of let Patreon dictate their content. Take a creator such as DarkCookie that pull more than enough to set up his own shop outside of Patreon, but rather let Patreon dictate the direction of his game.

If you have actual facts to backup your claims, it would been something else.
Facts? such as no release since the patreon rule changes (dont even mention the christmas farce)..... facts such as we cant actually see how many actually transferred from Patreon to his site? No guarantee building the site and hosting it will actually result in it being used. How do we know know he isnt dependent on Patreon anymore? because he said so and his word is enough? just like his word when promising various release dates which have come and gone.

If he releases this and patreon dont like it, then he could be saying bye bye to a significant amount of income which he obviously wants or he could have paused his contributions, there is no guarantee all or infact any of the current patreons who havent already swapped will do so.

Simply my opinion but he knows once he releases that patreon and him are likely done...... he will wait as long as humanly possible to milk this for all its worth

Reactions: victor659

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Facts? such as no release since the patreon rule changes (dont even mention the christmas farce)..... facts such as we cant actually see how many actually transferred from Patreon to his site? No guarantee building the site and hosting it will actually result in it being used. How do we know know he isnt dependent on Patreon anymore? because he said so and his word is enough? just like his word when promising various release dates which have come and gone.

If he releases this and patreon dont like it, then he could be saying bye bye to a significant amount of income which he obviously wants or he could have paused his contributions, there is no guarantee all or infact any of the current patreons who havent already swapped will do so.

Simply my opinion but he knows once he releases that patreon and him are likely done...... he will wait as long as humanly possible to milk this for all its worth
It seems like an awful waste of time and effort to set up a site outside of Patreon with an alternative payment method, to not use it. If all he wanted was to get that Patreon money, it wouldn't be a logical thing to put effort into. Lot of other creators out there that doesn't want to explore that option at all. Take the game "Insexual awakening" got busted off Patreon, but still get released outside of it.

Did you read the end of the xmas release?

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Because he said so, or because you think/assume so? You should read the end of the xmas update, in regard of that part. He isn't dependent of Patreon as a payment/sub platform. You can find link to his own site on his patreon page. A lot of creators rolled over in regard of let Patreon dictate their content. Take a creator such as DarkCookie that pull more than enough to set up his own shop outside of Patreon, but rather let Patreon dictate the direction of his game.

If you have actual facts to backup your claims, it would been something else.
bait.gif

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
It seems like an awful waste of time and effort to set up a site outside of Patreon with an alternative payment method, to not use it. If all he wanted was to get that Patreon money, it wouldn't be a logical thing to put effort into. Lot of other creators out there that doesn't want to explore that option at all. Take the game "Insexual awakening" got busted off Patreon, but still get released outside of it.

Did you read the end of the xmas release?
Waste of time and effort, its not like he had anything else to do at the time was it... oh wait!

yep i read it, loved the bit where he's not happy enough with getting 30 days money in advance, he's wanting to convince people to sign up for 90 days lol. what bits are you alluding to? if its anything about what he says or implies then i don't believe a word of it...... well except for the bit where he said the new animator provided him with motivation.... why did he need extra motivation other than his discord minions?

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Of all the many thousands of creators on the Patreon platform, describe normal? I seen a lot of weird shit that break any definition of normal.

Take a game on steam such as "Life is Strange 2". Some 4-5 months between episodes. You could buy the first episode stand alone, then if you wanted the next episode, you would need to buy the episode 2-5 bundle. Which means you pay in advance for episode 3-5 that will take a good year before last one arrive at least. And now we talking about a publisher such as "Square Enix", not some indie dev running alone. How about kickstarter projects that take years before materialize anything, like the monstrosity Star Citizen become.

GD stated if people want to stop subscribe due to the long dev cycle he doesn't mind. It's not like someone force you to support to him. Free will right? Patreon doesn't police the creators on the platform any other ways than in regard of their actual guide lines. If you are a patreon of his and feel cheated. Feel free to pen a letter to Patreon and let us know what their response is.
End of the day, it's not up to you, nor me to decide who deserve what. Who and what you end up support of time, money and whatever else in life, is highly individual and subjective. What some see as a lost cause other hold dear with passion. The holier than thou approach just doesn't work.
Really is that all your gonna say as an excuse ?

This link is coinsedense since both authors acts the same.

At least this author had a ligitimate reason he even paused any future pledges this is what i talked about it is called good form.

he actually paused his pledge several months.

Reactions: GUcciBoy and Nerttu

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
You still believe his stories ? Really ?
Waste of time and effort, its not like he had anything else to do at the time was it... oh wait!

yep i read it, loved the bit where he's not happy enough with getting 30 days money in advance, he's wanting to convince people to sign up for 90 days lol. what bits are you alluding to? if its anything about what he says or implies then i don't believe a word of it...... well except for the bit where he said the new animator provided him with motivation.... why did he need extra motivation other than his discord minions?

At least this author had a ligitimate reason he even paused any future pledges this is what i talked about it is called good form.
so any reason you guys are still replying back to that fan you should really just put him on ignore

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

Was that link supposed to lead to an actual statement of sorts, or are you just terrible at linking? Douchery about golf, tennis, and the usual rants not quite what I expected.

And why on earth should I excuse anything? You have your opinion, I got mine, and we both entitled to have them.

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Dual Family and other games like that has no place on Patreon. Until an other site that allows such games appears we have to wait. To make an individual site is not easy, there are payment , legal and other issues. Also people prefer to give their money to big popular sites like Patreon and use popular and secure payment methods like paypal. Now if this guy is milking his supporters it is not our problem but theirs. Even if he wasn't milking the game would still be "on hold" or most likely would have been abandoned. Anyway it will be good this game to be continued sometime in the future because it was one of my favorites but as I said before the problem is for all games of the same "category".

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
So many people jumping on the bandwagon of disliking Gumdrop, when most people are aren't even Patrons, like who are you even directing these posts towards at all? Anybody that's a patron doesn't give a shit what anyone has to say to them, it's a choice they're making to support the creator, (they can drop out whenever they want to and Grumdrop even said so, multiple times) just as it's the choice of many here to not support the creator and instead just pirate it and complain about how things are to nobody.

An endless circle of people repeating themselves, a circle jerk, if you will.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
So many people jumping on the bandwagon of disliking Gumdrop, when most people are aren't even Patrons, like who are you even directing these posts towards at all? Anybody that's a patron doesn't give a shit what anyone has to say to them, it's a choice they're making to support the creator, (they can drop out whenever they want to and Grumdrop even said so, multiple times) just as it's the choice of many here to not support the creator and instead just pirate it and complain about how things are to nobody.

An endless circle of people repeating themselves, a circle jerk, if you will.
So are we to assume that you are a patron? What are your thoughts about being a patron and not getting an update for a year? Aren't you having the feeling that you are paying for nothing? Not to mention the fact that you are being scammed? Are you ok with this? This is a genuine question. What have you received for your money that we "people who are aren't even Patrons" have "pirated"? I haven't pirated anything from him in over a year because........there is nothing to pirate.....and you, if you are a patron, are paying for this nothing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So are we to assume that you are a patron? What are your thoughts about being a patron and not getting an update for a year? Aren't you having the feeling that you are paying for nothing? Not to mention the fact that you are being scammed? Are you ok with this? This is a genuine question. What have you received for your money that we "people who are aren't even Patrons" have "pirated"? I haven't pirated anything from him in over a year because........there is nothing to pirate.....and you, if you are a patron, are paying for this nothing.
So, the biggest elephant in the room here is; "paying for nothing". With patreon you don't buy anything, nor subscribe to a service. You pledge support to a creator. Which you at any time can withdraw if you so desire. Patreon is not a retail store.

The reason for support a creator is highly subjective and individual. No one being a patreon of whoever creator, have to justify why they are. If you feel they get cheated, scammed and so forth, that is your entitled opinion, but not necessary one they share. You probably spent money on a lot of crap in your life time. Should we nail your balls to a wall and then prosecute you for doing that? Or just mark it up as that was your decision and free will to do?

You haven't pirated any from him in a year because there not been anything to pirate? How about before then when there was something? You a patreon then? How about other games you downloaded with creators on Patreon? You tipped any of those? Any creator here you can name that you ever have pledge too?

If/whenever GD release any. It would be the patrons that supported him that would make that happen. I doubt he would do anything just from the kindness of his heart, and goodwill. If no one did ever support creators at all, there wouldn't been any games to play. Maybe something to think about next time you throw critics at those that support creators, whether you like their game, progress and so forth.

Reactions: Sandinist

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
I am a Patron.

I don't like how it's taken this long but I don't assume he's just been lazy like so many people here have done, making a judgement call so easily, when they have nothing to back it up but conjecture.

Whatever money I'm giving to Gumdrop is his to do with as he pleases, I could easily cancel my pledge anytime and I could've done so during the months last year, but I chose not because I just wanted to support Gumdrop.

I'm not being scammed, he's delivered up until Part X, what people can think here about this isn't something I share for the most part; feeling scammed would be if I paid for something and he straight up didn't deliver, or delivered the wrong product, but I'm not paying for anything, I'm supporting him, there is a difference, some people can even think me deluded too in my choice to support him, I don't really care, it's my choice, just as it's anyone else's choice to do the same or not, thinking we're idiots, we're blind or anything like that sounds like nonsense, if anyone actually believes any Patron of Gumdrop to be those things or anything else like them, I'd be interested to know what's made it so personal for you to be like this.

What I've received was Part I - IX aswell as some inbetween renders, I don't mind the inbetween stuff, just nice little side things to have.

To sum up, I'm not entirely happy with how long it has taken for Part X to come out, but he has his reasons and I don't mind supporting him in the mean time.

I do want people to understand though, supporting anyone on Patreon is a choice that you can easily back out of, if people haven't backed out, it's because the don't feel like they want to, that's it, it's as straight forward as can be.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
I'm a patron, albeit for research purposes only but still a patron. Gumdrop disgusts me and people are free to give their opinions as they see fit, more so when its grounded in reality. That said hes a POS scumbag who is undeserving of anything but harsh criticism, its no mystery.. you reap what you sow.
What's made you this hostile towards him though? Has he personally offended you in some way? Part X taking this long to come out can't be the only reason because it's extremely excessive if it is.

Reactions: allintine

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I'm in no position to do anything about it, but I'll just kindly remind people to go over the , especially rule #1, before continuing the discussion here. This community is so much better when we're not being toxic:)

We're all entitled to our own opinion about the game and the dev. Just try to keep it civil at least

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I'm in no position to do anything about it, but I'll just kindly remind people to go over the , especially rule #1, before continuing the discussion here. This community is so much better when we're not being toxic:)

We're all entitled to our own opinion about the game and the dev. Just try to keep it civil at least
you have a valid point the although i dont know about aorrta game the family secret but this game thread hasnt been used for the game since 10 months ago the only people who do uses this for the game are new players

thats probably the only reason why i think this thread should be closed

Reactions: _Duncan_

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
The problem is that its not a strawman its the crux of everything until you can get around the fact that people are willingly choosing to support kyle theres not much substance to your claim. He misses deadlines and has outrageous wait times between releases; dissatisfied patrons stop paying and supporting him thats the beginning middle and end of his "ethical" obligations. If anything i think the unethical thing would be being a patron for "science" since that's financially supporting a person and practice you seem to have such a problem with.
Sure if you consider $1 financially supporting. Also I have stated before the patrons are at fault just the same because they allow him to postpone the release indefinitely by subsidizing his incompetent behavior. Remove the funds and watch how quickly things change. No one is absolving them from any blame, merely pointing out that it falls on those on the receiving end to do the right thing, not their subordinates.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes