VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
For me personally the game wasn't that bad. I mean Kyle promised that it would be very realistic game, no potions, mind control hypnosis, no special powers and other unnatural abilities, just a simple as realistic possible game. Now for me at least the beginning was good, especially since i play son route, were your pop an mum have a fight and by your decisions you kick in. Everything was great until he introduced dream sequences with that damn skeleton, i mean cmon. It was very unrealistic for me that a dream can increase a relation whether with mom or sis. Then the depressed part were everything exactly seemed depressed, I mean ok i get it for moms part were she's going through a rough period but that much negativity even on the beach, that was simply boring. I mean he could lighten up the mood of mom there. I was even considering to be patreon, but when i saw that his recent dev. takes over 3-4 months, i had changed my mind. I really hope that at least in next release he makes some improvements and hopefully he kicks off those damn dream sequences. All the rest, i guess is not that bad. Puzzles are ok, at least for me. Keep in mind guys this is only my opinion about the game so far, you don't have to agree with me...

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
For me personally the game wasn't that bad. I mean Kyle promised that it would be very realistic game, no potions, mind control hypnosis, no special powers and other unnatural abilities, just a simple as realistic possible game. Now for me at least the beginning was good, especially since i play son route, were your pop an mum have a fight and by your decisions you kick in. Everything was great until he introduced dream sequences with that damn skeleton, i mean cmon. It was very unrealistic for me that a dream can increase a relation whether with mom or sis. Then the depressed part were everything exactly seemed depressed, I mean ok i get it for moms part were she's going through a rough period but that much negativity even on the beach, that was simply boring. I mean he could lighten up the mood of mom there. I was even considering to be patreon, but when i saw that his recent dev. takes over 3-4 months, i had changed my mind. I really hope that at least in next release he makes some improvements and hopefully he kicks off those damn dream sequences. All the rest, i guess is not that bad. Puzzles are ok, at least for me. Keep in mind guys this is only my opinion about the game so far, you don't have to agree with me...

Definitely have to agree with everything you say, as I've said several times before I really liked the whole situation he built up and I can understand why people aren't particularly a fan of the slow and a relatively realistic route this game is taking, that said, Kyle really has to work on a number of factors that would make this game a perfection.

Firstly he'll have to work on getting his updates faster which I'm hoping the implementation of a better machine that he says he has now should rectify said issue.

Secondly, he has to work hard on transitions between certain scenes as it seems evident that he is struggling to show how scene a transitions into scene b, a prime example of this is the whole instance with the cousin jumping up on the father when he's sleeping, it comes out of literally nowhere, there needs to be some description of sorts and perhaps a monologue of what the main character atleast thinks about a certain scenario, since this will allow kyle to give a better description of the scene while maintaining the first person perspective he's been writing in thus far.

I feel like the skeleton thing he introduced to reinvent the wheel as I think he didn't want to go for a typical I am dreaming about this instance, which makes no sense since he had no issues doing that in the father's campaign with him dreaming about the daughter. Idk.

But yes finally, the most important factor is regular updates to the game, considering how slow paced it is, you're already teasing a lot of aspects that aren't in the game and waiting for 3-4 months for an update is appalling. Fix said issues and its enroute to be one of a kind in its genre.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Bro you don't understand, the dream sequence are a artistic masterpiece and are absolute MUST! to convey the developers true inner feeling of struggle and suffering, for you see, the dreams represents Kyle's true passion which is to make a game about skeleton piloting an airplane in space, exploring the vastness of universe, pondering high-school level philosophical questions. Kyle is trapped in a prison of his own making, surrounded by melancholy, depression, amnesia, victim of his own success and his only escape are the dreams.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Definitely have to agree with everything you say, as I've said several times before I really liked the whole situation he built up and I can understand why people aren't particularly a fan of the slow and a relatively realistic route this game is taking, that said, Kyle really has to work on a number of factors that would make this game a perfection.

Firstly he'll have to work on getting his updates faster which I'm hoping the implementation of a better machine that he says he has now should rectify said issue.

Secondly, he has to work hard on transitions between certain scenes as it seems evident that he is struggling to show how scene a transitions into scene b, a prime example of this is the whole instance with the cousin jumping up on the father when he's sleeping, it comes out of literally nowhere, there needs to be some description of sorts and perhaps a monologue of what the main character atleast thinks about a certain scenario, since this will allow kyle to give a better description of the scene while maintaining the first person perspective he's been writing in thus far.

I feel like the skeleton thing he introduced to reinvent the wheel as I think he didn't want to go for a typical I am dreaming about this instance, which makes no sense since he had no issues doing that in the father's campaign with him dreaming about the daughter. Idk.

But yes finally, the most important factor is regular updates to the game, considering how slow paced it is, you're already teasing a lot of aspects that aren't in the game and waiting for 3-4 months for an update is appalling. Fix said issues and its enroute to be one of a kind in its genre.
Well about the dream part, i guess it would be ok where for instance, you would have dirty dreams, whether about mom or sis and of course that those dreams don't effect relations between characters. That's at least my opinion. I do really hope that this game change for better. Cuz the game, like i said, isn't that bad. I enjoyed puzzles, again my opinion only, you don't have to agree on this. Release of the game is a bit slow. Hopefully the new stuff that he got would speed up development and release.

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
Isn't the skeleton the mc's subconscious warning him that the way he's acting towards the mom isn't of love but obsession and he going farther and farther onto this dark path and will end up doing something terrible that will only hurt her(probably talking bout the big R that the aunt got) and that he needs to change and resist his lust for her if he truly loves her and wants her to be happy...but it's been a while since those dream sequences and im to lazy to check back for exact details >.>
But the dreams are all relative to the story as all the characters have some kind of darkness in their minds the mc being no exception,it would make sense we're able to see into his mind (dreams) for a better understanding of his situation.
I will admit this story is dark and depressing,but it's a light at the end of the tunnel kind of thing...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
progress.PNG

Looks like we got a little more progress. If by some miracle he finishes the 2 "slow" scenes by the end of the month, we might see a potential July release. It does say that he has started on them already, but he's also working on several other scenes at the same time.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
View attachment 114007

Looks like we got a little more progress. If by some miracle he finishes the 2 "slow" scenes by the end of the month, we might see a potential July release. It does say that he has started on them already, but he's also working on several other scenes at the same time.
He previously boasted a month ago in discord Part 10 wouldn't follow suit with the 3-month development of Part 9 due to newly arrived hardware which speeds up his rendering processes. Guess he's blatantly lying again. He promised his CE patrons he would be more transparent but at least we have the pin-up renders I asked him for as compensation for ripping patrons off.

silaskim101

Jan 19, 2018
can anyone explain what happened? why has there been just a massive break from the dev before he would update once a month but now idek how long its been

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
can anyone explain what happened? why has there been just a massive break from the dev before he would update once a month but now idek how long its been
I was a pledger last month. He stated, that with his last update he rendered more images than before and because of that, it took him longer. I can´t remember how much more it was, but I think he said something about 1000 images instead of 300.

Bricks

Nov 4, 2017
Update 19.06.2018
Heya there!

In case you missed it, you can check out the Part X progress tracker on my site. I'll be updating it every 3-4 days, so take a peek!

I'll be posting the CE pinups you chose Tuesday PST, a quick round of polling will follow for another set. Part X and the site have kept me busy, but I'll try to poke my head in here again this week -- check in if you can.

Part X Progress!

As updated on the tracker, the Kar Day segment is toast! With three already fully completed, F_Sun and S_Sun are the only remaining slow segments before the big sprint: the fast segments.

With all the new hardware fully operational, the slow segments pose a much less intimidating foe. If you remember last week, the many additional GPUs increased my total rendering speed 2.5x from what it was a few weeks ago. Whether it's splitting 30 minutes or 3 hours, I'm very happy with the time save and the amount of content I'll be able to squeeze in Part X as a result. When I finally earn the opportunity to share, I hope you'll enjoy it too. :]

All machines, full firepower on the final two slow segments this week! I'll be tearing through as much as I can, so feel free to peek at the scene/seg count on the site if you want to come along for the ride. That, or hop in the discord and throw a word my way -- I love that!

Part X Content!

There are many proverbial doors that have been opened over Act I's course, be it romantic interest, emotional divide or other dramatics. Solving all of these at once is surely impossible, but there are certainly some that beckon resolution in Part X.

Acknowledging threats is necessary, especially when it involves the ones you love. A ruffian like Isaac is dangerous, but should someone like Ben really be labeled the same? Is it fair to lump these two boys in the same lot simply because they share a similar romantic interest, all while ignoring the bold contrast between their intentions, their actions fulfilling it?

Perhaps you don't care for such reasons, the idea of The Youth even entertaining another being far too excruciating to bear. Think back to her revealing words over dinner -- what does she really want, what does she need? More than ever, she's willing to listen and respect your word. In the end, whose interests will you look out for, yours or hers?

Depending on your age and character, your answer may be different. A younger and more rambunctious lad has quite a few women to juggle between cracking the skulls of perverts. With a certain woman approaching her marital end, you now have an opportunity to speak up. Perhaps you want to soften the blow, assure her that there's hope to find in old love. Or perhaps you want the candle to burn not from one, but both ends -- if so, you'll find the right words to say.

Don't forget the others though, they surely haven't forgotten you. The Youth, the dates, the more devious types; now's your chance to prove you've got something to offer, more than just a shoulder to cry on. It may feel overwhelming at first, so many women and dramatics demanding your attention, but I'm sure you'll manage. It's not the end, after all -- it's only just the beginning. :]

Website Phase II - Users & Pledging!

The past week was full of tweaking and thorough plugin searching, mostly boring stuff. We switched from the merchant plugin we were using previously to one with more extensive billing options. The big feature I needed to secure was the ability to charge on a specific date, similar to Patreon and most other subscription models. It'll be the same as it is now for convenience, the first of the month -- hopefully that's easy to remember!

For those interested in supporting me directly through my site, I can transfer your pledge soon after launch. In its early stages, your user page will just have account and billing info to edit, but a full profile system is in the works. These profiles will have some flashy features: character rankings, loyalty badges and more to harbor in the community. I'll be aiming to integrate discussion into the site as much ad possible so the many questions you may have about the story don't go unaddressed!

My web lad should have things good to go this week, so I'll edit that for the imminent events. The CE Pinups will be out today, Tuesday PST:

• CE Club Nude Pinup Pack II [Complete!]
  • CE Club Nude Pinup Pack III [Complete!]
  • CE Club Nude Pinup Pack IV [Complete!]
  • Website Phase I Launch - Progress Tracker [Complete!]
  • Three more Part X previews [Complete!]
  • (Tuesday PST) CE Club Nude Pinup Pack V
  • (Coming this week!) CE Club Nude Pinup Pack VI
  • (Coming this week!) Web Phase II Launch (Users & pledges)
  • Dev updates, previews, pinups & other goodies for all patrons
  • Part X!
There we go, all done! I'll be burying myself in Part X this week, but don't feel shy shooting a message my way if you have a thought or question. I'll also be catching up on my emails soon -- thank you and I hope you'll make it again next week!

Best, lads. See you soon!

Gumdrop Games

medo12345678

Jan 2, 2018
what is the latest action in this update?
the last thing i know is the dance between the son and mom
is there any action after that

QQA

Dec 31, 2017
That's pretty much what most said, past 150 pages! :closedtongue:
True, because people like the game. I mean, we all know Kyle is dragging it out because of the money. If we all stop pledging he would be forced into a corner and post frequent updates, but sadly that's not the case.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes