Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The update for the mod will be available soon. I started to make some changes to previous scripts, which allow you to see all of the content in the night scenes. Also I changed the spin bottle game from a random game, to a choice menu, where you can choose who wins the round.

Because of These changes it will take longer than usual, because I just finished Episode 1 and 7, the other ones will follow.

Jan 21, 2017
I must be doing something wrong and not sure what it is. I've used unren and earlier versions of this mod per game update, this time however, i do the same setup and same go through but, the hints don't appear nor does the stat bar. Has there been an alteration in the code with the new version of the game or is there something new to do with this mod.any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah I'm having the exact same problem.

Had it working fine in previous versions but do the same install method as before and run a quick new start to make sure options show up and nothing.

Jan 21, 2017
yeah, checked multiple times, may be something so small that was changed in the game that it wont add it. gonna give a few more extracts and decomiles first to see if there was something on my end, if that's the case, i'll add what i did differently, wish me luck.

Jan 21, 2017
-.- ...does anyone have the previous mod and if so, look and check if there's files for Episode one in it, I checked this one and that one isnt in, and not sure if it was in previous versions

**checked older versions and they don't have episode 1 either so it's back to troubleshooting

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
With which Version? I updated the files again, because I made another small change. with the file named "dod_mod_ep8_b" it should work. It did for me at least.

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ
Jan 21, 2017
dod_mod_ep8_b works, pulled up all the screens and hints, ty. I had tried looking at the config files at one point to see if there was something not working( in vain cause Renpy is still pretty much a foreign language to me), but that one fixed the issue, Thank you again, great work and good job with the quick response

lolwulf

Sep 12, 2017
hey i seem to have a small error with mod cause the game works fine unmodded but as soon as i extract your files over it it comes up wit this
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/episode8.rpy", line 63, in script
n "I'm Nora Black."
Exception: Sayer 'n' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
n "I'm Nora Black."
File "C:\Users\lolwu\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "C:\Users\lolwu\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 509, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP8 1.0-ELITE

it worked fine before the mod was placed in the files or maybe its user error but i even tried with a fresh download of the game and used the unren on it and still gave me that error after the mod was copied over

Jan 21, 2017
hey i seem to have a small error with mod cause the game works fine unmodded but as soon as i extract your files over it it comes up wit this
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
n "I'm Nora Black."

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
n "I'm Nora Black."
File "C:\Users\lolwu\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "C:\Users\lolwu\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 509, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP8 1.0-ELITE

it worked fine before the mod was placed in the files or maybe its user error but i even tried with a fresh download of the game and used the unren on it and still gave me that error after the mod was copied over
I didn't get anything like that till episode 8, otherwise I've had no issue with the mod,I just hit ignore twice to bypass it when it popped up

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I didn't change anything regarding the definitions of any character, but I'll look into it. As soon as I know what's causing the issue, I will post the result and probably a bugfix. :)

Edit:
For some reason, the script file doesn't include a definition of the character Nora Black. I think, this was my fault, because I probably forgot to include it to the older script file, I'm using.

Anyway, the OP is updated, with a fixed Version. Or you can just copy the file that is attached to this post and copy it into the game Folder.

Last edited:

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
i also noticed that it may be relavent but in the most recentky i reformatted my pc and it had the dark gui text on bottom allowed you to mouse click skip save ect
and it works up to the find the key on the [patio and the records of the publisher part then it uses a constant arrow right in top left corner and from there the mods realy buggy..
. such as no skip options by using tab key and the dark gui on bottom screen is no longer there... Sorry hope this makes sence.. another great file checker for comparing i love it called code compare addon for sale but it is avail on other sites to be get.
in visual studio

Try this for your needs source is at the google link

//code Dot google Dot com/archive/p/google-diff-match-patch/

Also to find the diff and patches try this link to match the files and also to patch your differences...
The Diff Match and Patch libraries offer robust algorithms to perform the operations required for synchronizing plain text.

1. Diff:
    • Compare two blocks of plain text and efficiently return a list of differences.
  2. Match:
    • Given a search string, find its best fuzzy match in a block of plain text. Weighted for both accuracy and location.
  3. Patch:
    • Apply a list of patches onto plain text. Use best-effort to apply patch even when the underlying text doesn't match.
Currently available in Java, JavaScript, Dart, C++, C#, Objective C, Lua and Python. Regardless of language, each library features the same API and the same functionality. All versions also have comprehensive test harnesses.

Algorithms
This library implements which is generally considered to be the best general-purpose diff. A layer of surround the diff algorithm, improving both performance and output quality.

This library also implements a at the heart of a flexible .

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
Great job on the mod ... I sucking up to use up my 3 posts to allow me to post but honestly nice job and thanks for your time your putting in.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes