Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Hello to everyone,

as mentioned in the main thread of the game, I modified the scripts, to let you see, by which amount the variables are changed with the choices.

These variables are shown right now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Furthermore, i added some advice for the Progression of the story, so that you can see, which choice is good or bad. In episodes 2 (at least part of the episode) and 4 you'll have minigames, where these types of changes are not possible, with the minigame I need to figure out something else.

Installation of the mod:

1)
Download the UnRen.bat (available in this thread: )
2) Copy the bat to the game folder (same folder as the Dreams of Desire.exe)
3) Run the UnRen.bat and choose option 9 (you can delete the .rpa files after this step)
4) Copy all files and folders from my mod to the game folder (not the one with the exe file/here you can delete the rpa files)
5) Run the game and it should work
6) With option 9 of the UnRen.bat you get the option to open Ren'Pys developer console, where you can change variables manually. I don't recommend doing that, because if you follow the advices this mod gives you will be able to see nearly all scenes!

Downloadlink Ep12:

Required:

Changelog:

I hope you like it and if there is any problem, just tell me, I'll try to fix it, as soon as possible.

best regards
KinneyX23

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks, I went ahead and changed the prefix.

Reactions: KinneyX23

Arnold95

Jun 27, 2017
Thank you KinneyX23. Your scripts are useful. I could get the breasts massage in the chapter 4 (mom_lust >7).

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
There is a possibility, that the mod doesn't work properly with version 1.0b. I'm testing it, but I can't promise, that I can complete testing today, so if there is anything, that doesn't work like it's supposed to, please let me know.

Due to all the script files of the game, there can be changes to every script, including the ones, which I modded. So if the dev changed something in These scripts, I probably Need to make all the changes again for the new version, which takes a bit of time.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, I'm going through the scripts now, to figure out, what he changed and if it's relevant in any case for this mod. My hope is, that the changes are only in the scripts for the options and gui, maybe the minigame, but not in the main script or the episodes. The main issue is, that there so many lines of code, that it will take time. Of course I could just edit the scripts from version 1.0c, too, but I want to know, if the devs changes conflict with the changes I made to the scripts.

awcxtkt

May 6, 2017
Hello to everyone,

as mentioned in the main thread of the game, I modified the scripts, to let you see, by which amount the variables are changed with the choices.

These variables are shown right now:

Furthermore, i added some advice for the Progression of the story, so that you can see, which choice is good or bad. In episodes 2 (at least part of the episode) and 4 you'll have minigames, where these types of changes are not possible, with the minigame I need to figure out something else.

How do I use the mod:
First, you need to unpack the game with a tool like Sam's Unren. Option 1 is enough to add the mod, but with Option 4 you'll get the developer menu as well, which could come in Handy, because you can actually view all the variables, that are loaded during your playthrough. Although it adds the console as well, I do not recommend to use it to Change any value, because it can break the game.
Then you need to copy the game folder from my mod to the one, where your exe is located.
After that you can play the game normally, with the addition of shown values for the variables.

Downloadlink:

Required:

I hope you like it and if there is any problem, just tell me, I'll try to fix it, as soon as possible.

best regards
KinneyX23

Edit: Damn it! I Chose mod as the prefix, but stupi MS Edge changed it to QSP. I would be greatful if someone could change that. :)
i did but i got this error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\main.py", line 430, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\script.py", line 890, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2543, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 179, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\game.py", line 280, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 43, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\--\---\DreamsOfDesireEP4-0.9b-E-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2519, in interact
i()
File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact
if _menu:
NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP4 1.0c-ELITE

Reactions: sayfetchi100

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, it's an error, which I kind of expected, when I went through the scripts again. The issue is, the dev uses so many scripts, and keeps changing lines, adding stuff, "fixing" problems in the scripts, that are not really there. He referenced episodes 2-4 in the original script file, going back and forth through them. The minigame is part of episode 2 and 4, which are, like I said, seperate files, only to make a line, to load something from another script file. So in Terms of coding, this game is really messy. Granted, the game is amazing, but coding is horrible. Everytime he changes something in any script, this script demands something from another.

For example:

In short, I Need to do all the changes again to the new scripts, just because the modded ones, from Version 1.0 pretty much fuck up the ones, that are used in Version 1.0c. Which makes modding, or more accurately adding some advice to the game, a real pain in the ass. I mean yes, you could work out, which lines are changed and just Change them in the modded script, but with so many lines of Code, this will take forever, to do. So I will make all changes I made in this Version of the mod, in the new scripts, tomorrow.

PS: Don't look at the spelling, MS Edge autocorrects some words, especially words, that are nouns. And quiet honestly I'm too tired, to Change it.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
So if t your mod will not work with game saves, why do you intentionally give people false hopes???

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Which version did you download? With the older version it wasn't possible, to restart with a saved game, with the newer version, marked as v1, it is! When I tested it, at least.

If it doesn't work I need a bit more information, on which game version you use and which version of the mod.

Furthermore, I did NOT give anyone intentionally false hopes! It worked for me, so I thought, it would work for everyone else, as well. I even tested saved games from the first version of the game and it worked fine.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hey Kinney,

first of all thanks for the mod, this is really helpful. I didn't test it yet, but does it also show statistics that you already have with the characters or does it only show how decisions will affect certain things?
That's pretty much the only negative point to the game so far, that you can't really see how much trust, lust or whatever other variables are there you already have. If you have such a deep system it would be much better if you could see what you need to improve.

Nevermind, I just saw something pop up. Just disregard the question and keep the thanks and the compliment for being awesome :D

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It Shows you all the variables of the game, so if you get for example +2 lust with mom, the stats screen shows you exactly how much lust you have. This applies to every variable of the game, which changes the game, depending on how much of it you have. This includes trust, lust and the variables for certain body parts of mom (pussy, ass, tits and mouth). But if you are interested in all the variables shown, they are mentioned in the op. :)

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah thanks, I found what I was looking for a few minutes later. I was in minigame mode when I asked, so the button did not show up until afterwards :)

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The mod shows you how much lust, trust or other points you have and gives you some advice how to proceed with the game, to avoid a game over, or even get the highest possible points with any variable.

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ
D

Deleted member 42

@KinneyX23 Will this work on ep 5? Thanks.
Edit : No it doesn't, error :/

Last edited by a moderator:
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes