Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

darksize

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Hey Kinney, after i used the fixed rar the variable option & stats menu doesnt who up.
Can you help me with this?

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
At what point in the game?
The button won't show up, before you entered the name for the MC and during the minigame, so keep that in mind.
But to be clear, this mod doesn't let you change the variables, it only shows the variables which are normally hidden in the original game and it gives you tips on how to proceed.

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ

darksize

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
At what point in the game?
The button won't show up, before you entered the name for the MC and during the minigame, so keep that in mind.
But to be clear, this mod doesn't let you change the variables, it only shows the variables which are normally hidden in the original game and it gives you tips on how to proceed.
I know what the mod does.

Example at ep5 mod when i started a new game and enterd the first scene with Marcus, when i had the option stay silent or warn Marcus, there was a +1 in warn marcus. now with the ep6 mod, it doesnt showing at all. not even the hidden stats.

Reactions: Gloozi

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
So, to get this right, did you unpack the game?
And then copied the folder included in the rar-file into the game directory?

I'm asking, because what you describe works with the version I have.
I started a new game, typed in the name, and went forward to the scene you mentioned.
bhlhlhl.png jadghagh.png

darksize

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
So, to get this right, did you unpack the game?
And then copied the folder included in the rar-file into the game directory?

I'm asking, because what you describe works with the version I have.
I started a new game, typed in the name, and went forward to the scene you mentioned.
View attachment 16722 View attachment 16723
Yes i did everything what explained in the OP.

Im redownloading the who game again. lets see if it works when i try again.

Edit: After removing old version(ep5) and redownloaded ep6 it now working fine. I dont know what the cause was, at least its working now. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gloozi

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi @KinneyX23 , in episode 06 there is an event i can't reach with Latisha (Marcus mom) on her room with dildo. There's a way to use "jump" command to go there please?

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi again @KinneyX23 , i'm trying your mod, follow all the instructions you provide, used option 1 - 2 and 3 Sam UnRen but get this error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc/game/game/episode6.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'E:\\Backup Projects\\PROJECTS\\Dreams of Desire ELITE Assembly/game/episode6.rpy', 1503820033, 9273) is defined twice, at game/episode6.rpy:14 and game/game/episode6.rpy:14.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\main.py", line 364, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\script.py", line 753, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
File "G:\Downloads\GiochiXXX\DreamOfDesire\Dream 10 prova mods\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP6-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\script.py", line 419, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'E:\\Backup Projects\\PROJECTS\\Dreams of Desire ELITE Assembly/game/episode6.rpy', 1503820033, 9273) is defined twice, at game/episode6.rpy:14 and game/game/episode6.rpy:14.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
I'm doing something wrong? Tks.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I just checked, I did both ways (Marcus route and MC route for Latisha), and I didn't get this error. So I think it's not a problem with the mod, it could be an issue with your download though. Try to download the game and unpack the game again. And try to copy the game onto any partition directly, so without any subfolders, you might put the game folder in.
What could help though, is, your savegame. Would it be possible, that you upload the files or send me a link, where I can download them. This way, I can definitely check, if it's a problem with the mod, although I don't think so, or it a problem with your (save)game.

If the error is still there, let me know.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I just checked, I did both ways (Marcus route and MC route for Latisha), and I didn't get this error. So I think it's not a problem with the mod, it could be an issue with your download though. Try to download the game and unpack the game again. And try to copy the game onto any partition directly, so without any subfolders, you might put the game folder in.
What could help though, is, your savegame. Would it be possible, that you upload the files or send me a link, where I can download them. This way, I can definitely check, if it's a problem with the mod, although I don't think so, or it a problem with your (save)game.

If the error is still there, let me know.
I'm sorry, I badly explained myself, my first post, Marcus mom, was before i tried your mod, normal game. This i resolved changing the variable value latisha_spell = True to False.
After this i see your mod , i wanted to try it but i get the error i mentioned in my second post, at the beginning, game don't start. Tks and sorry again. I have 2 HD.

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I'm sorry, I badly explained myself, my first post, Marcus mom, was before i tried your mod, normal game. This i resolved changing the variable value latisha_spell = True to False.
After this i see your mod , i wanted to try it but i get the error i mentioned in my second post, at the beginning, game don't start. Tks and sorry again. I have 2 HD.
Lats version of UnRen by Sam is changed, the option to add console and dev/console is the 3th.
When i copy your game folder into the original i have to replace the existing file or add?

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Ok @KinneyX23 , everything work well, i redownloaded the game version 1.0b, used UnRen option 1, run the game 1 time just at beginning, add your mod, replacing the existing file in game folder, restart all perfect. No need using option 3 because console and dev/console is active by default. Thankyou for you nice mod, sorry if i bothering you.

Willia

Have a weakness for women wearing glasses!
Donor
May 30, 2017
Hello,
I just used the version 3 of your mod with version 7 of the game. I had gotten this error message when starting the 'minigame' portion of the game, looking for key to sister's room. Is this a
result of a change in code for version 7 or an incompatibility of version 3 of the mod with the new version of the game? If so, I'll wait for new version of the mod! Thanks!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The mod isn't updated yet, so it's only working with Episode 6 for now. The dev changed the entire process how the minigame and other parts of the scripts are called, so I Need to start from the beginning with the changes. Which will take a bit more time, than expected.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes