Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
@KinneyX23 Will this work on ep 5? Thanks.
Edit : No it doesn't, error :/
It's normal.
As Kinney admits himself :
Due to all the script files of the game, there can be changes to every script, including the ones, which I modded. So if the dev changed something in These scripts, I probably Need to make all the changes again for the new version, which takes a bit of time.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, it's an error, which I kind of expected, when I went through the scripts again. The issue is, the dev uses so many scripts, and keeps changing lines, adding stuff, "fixing" problems in the scripts, that are not really there. He referenced episodes 2-4 in the original script file, going back and forth through them. The minigame is part of episode 2 and 4, which are, like I said, seperate files, only to make a line, to load something from another script file. So in Terms of coding, this game is really messy. Granted, the game is amazing, but coding is horrible. Everytime he changes something in any script, this script demands something from another.

For example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In short, I Need to do all the changes again to the new scripts, just because the modded ones, from Version 1.0 pretty much fuck up the ones, that are used in Version 1.0c. Which makes modding, or more accurately adding some advice to the game, a real pain in the ass. I mean yes, you could work out, which lines are changed and just Change them in the modded script, but with so many lines of Code, this will take forever, to do. So I will make all changes I made in this Version of the mod, in the new scripts, tomorrow.

PS: Don't look at the spelling, MS Edge autocorrects some words, especially words, that are nouns. And quiet honestly I'm too tired, to Change it.
Just curious, are you using WinMerge for this? If not, I find that it's a great tool for spotting changes between script versions, and also for spotting what's been added in a new version. I'm pretty sure you'd be using WinMerge or a similar tool, but thought I'd ask anyways...

Of course, it still takes time to evaluate the comparisons, but usually these are highlighted in WinMerge so it makes it much easier to spot. Of course, if the developer changes the 'older content' significantly, then you have to take a hard look at what was changed and why.

At that point of course, then you can look at the added code and decide to add the appropriate modifiers to the visible text, which of course can take some extra time.

I personally like how you can highlight small code blocks and move them over individually, or go the old cut and paste route, highlighting/copying what you need on the right side and pasting it where you need it on the left. (or to the right if you put the 'new version on the left instead of right like I do).

I'm pretty sure you use this sort of tool already though. If you do, kindly disregard this post.

I really appreciate that people such as yourself do these sort of mods. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
To be honest, I didn't know about WinMerge, but I will test the tool. If it works as I want it to work, I will use it in the future.
For now, the mod works with Ep4 1.0c only, I'm downloading Ep5 right know and then I will do the same as before. If WinMerge works as I want, it should be soon, that I release the new mod version.

Edit: Testing right know, if everything works. As soon as I finish, the new version of the mod, will be uploaded.

OP updated!

Last edited:

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
there is an error in the date with aby it says that if you told the car in not yours +1 but the walkthrough says you have to say yes for the +1

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Actually no, thats not an error. You get +1 if you say, that it is not your car, which is probably missing in the walkthrough.

Code:
        "No (+1 Abigail)":

mc "No, it's my mom's car."
            mc "I just borrowed it for tonight."
            ab "Oh, that's sweet of you, I appreaciate it!"

$ abi_score += 1
This is part of the script for episode 5, which shows, that you get +1. :)

PepsiMan

Jun 25, 2017
Actually no, thats not an error. You get +1 if you say, that it is not your car, which is probably missing in the walkthrough.

Code:
        "No (+1 Abigail)":

mc "No, it's my mom's car."
            mc "I just borrowed it for tonight."
            ab "Oh, that's sweet of you, I appreaciate it!"

$ abi_score += 1
This is part of the script for episode 5, which shows, that you get +1. :)
oh yeah is a walkthrough error, i was wondering why would you get +1 by lying if she is friend with tracy and tracy uses the mom's car she probably knows it and probably has been in the car before.

But thank you for your time.

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
But you can modify the variables? I have typed shift+o, but if i for example write "mom_lust 10" doesn't work...

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
You can change the variables. But I do not recommened it, because, if you choose all the options, which give you enough points, you get all important scenes. The problem I found, is that changing the variables manually can break the game in some situations.
If you want to change them anyway, you Need to type in for example "mom_lust = 10". Important is the space between the variable, the = and another space between it and the number of points, you want this variable to have.

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
You can change the variables. But I do not recommened it, because, if you choose all the options, which give you enough points, you get all important scenes. The problem I found, is that changing the variables manually can break the game in some situations.
If you want to change them anyway, you Need to type in for example "mom_lust = 10". Important is the space between the variable, the = and another space between it and the number of points, you want this variable to have.
Ok thanks i didn't have put the space between the variables!
I'll change the variables only when if i don't have the necessary points for unlock a scene, putting the minimum points to unlock it.
Perhaps in this way the game works correctly.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
As I went through the scripts in order to check something, I thought I missed, I realized, that I can do so much more with the mod. So in the next version, you will most likely have the opportunity to redo the night events and keep the
progress you made during the first one.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Technically it's sort of a walkthrough. While you play the game, you will get some tips, on what to choose and you will see by how much the variables change. In addition to that, you have a small show stats screen, which gives you the option, to see which amout the variables have.

Reactions: Bite Me LLZ

F95User123

Mar 27, 2017
Mod is broken, did as OP stated, but it says that tab characters are not allowed in ren'py scripts on episode5.rpy

Herbaman

May 4, 2017
Hey not sure if I just screwed up when installing or something but after installing I got this error when trying to start the game;

File "game/episode5.rpy", line 3696: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts.

I opened the file in notepad and deleted the 2 tabs on the line and it seems to be working fine.
Thanks for the mod :)

Reactions: Gnuhaake

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Whoops, I had that issue myself and fixed it before uploading. But as dumb as I am, I uploaded the wrong folder with the broken script for episode 5. Sorry about that!

OP updated again ^^

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes