Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
its OK man. We always will be waiting, Thanks for your contribution(y)
I have done a little of the gallery in between episodes I have done...mostly to take a break from skimming the walls of text.

Here's a test preview (note: not final)...

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Gallery part of the mod will include Labels, Stars (when a scene has variations, such as alternate costumes), and icons (to denote what kind of content the scene contains), oh... and any missing scenes I deem fit to add.

Lewdlab made it so you can switch between the scene variations in the GOG release provided you've seen each of them once. The stars will show which variation you've seen and the preview picture will change depending on which variation you have unlocked. For example the scene in the first screenshot above labeled as, at least for now, "Day 5: A womans body" the preview picture shows Mrs. Turner in the MC's doorway which is from the scenes Love path variation however if you've only seen the Corruption paths variation she's in the Kitchen and the MC approaches her so the preview picture will show a preview from that variation instead; it will show the current preview if both variations are unlocked.

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
I have done a little of the gallery in between episodes I have done...mostly to take a break from skimming the walls of text.

View attachment 3418123 View attachment 3418124

Gallery part of the mod will include Labels, Stars (when a scene has variations, such as alternate costumes), and icons (to denote what kind of content the scene contains), oh... and any missing scenes I deem fit to add.

Lewdlab made it so you can switch between the scene variations in the GOG release provided you've seen each of them once. The stars will show which variation you've seen and the preview picture will change depending on which variation you have unlocked. For example the scene in the first screenshot above labeled as, at least for now, "Day 5: A womans body" the preview picture shows Mrs. Turner in the MC's doorway which is from the scenes Love path variation however if you've only seen the Corruption paths variation she's in the Kitchen and the MC approaches her so the preview picture will show a preview from that variation instead; it will show the current preview if both variations are unlocked.
That is great. When do you think that it will be ready?

Last edited:

skyrim0070

Sep 8, 2019

View attachment 3418123 View attachment 3418124

which game version ?

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
which game version ?
any update for the mod ?
The mod will be for the GOG release currently on here, v1.0.3.

Once I'm done with that I'll port it over to work with the Steam version (which is currently v1.0.2). The game saves are not transferable between the two versions ATM because of the newer Renpy engine used in 1.0.3. I'll put together the files necessary to update the Steam release to the GOG release with the mod so saves work for both versions.

As for progress, it's going to take me a while as RL and work take priority. Episode 7 is done. Next is Episode 8. Once I'm done all the episodes I'll be speed running through the game a few times to look for errors and make corrections before release. (I may ask for help with this).

Edit: Here's the Achievement Screen (note: work in progress) that I threw together while working on Episode 7...

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

Last edited:

wzlhhh

Jan 23, 2021
The mod will be for the GOG release currently on here, v1.0.3.

Once I'm done with that I'll port it over to work with the Steam version (which is currently v1.0.2). The game saves are not transferable between the two versions ATM because of the newer Renpy engine used in 1.0.3. I'll put together the files necessary to update the Steam release to the GOG release with the mod so saves work for both versions.

As for progress, it's going to take me a while as RL and work take priority. Episode 7 is done. Next is Episode 8. Once I'm done all the episodes I'll be speed running through the game a few times to look for errors and make corrections before release. (I may ask for help with this).

Edit: Here's the Achievement Screen (note: work in progress) that I threw together while working on Episode 7...

View attachment 3468342 View attachment 3468346 View attachment 3468360
Thanks for your contribution, Jobs and live/study always come first, take care man.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote