Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Nope, it's just a mod that builds in a wlakthrough and lets you play all routes in some scenes.
Wasn't planning on adding fan art though, because I gotta admit that I actually never really played DoD, so I wasn't that invested in the game and/or expanding stuff with fan art.

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
I got this during the first sexscene with tracy. Your mod asks me about chapter 2 , i clicked yes and this happened
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episode10.rpy", line 1956, in script
    jump tracy_confronted_10
ScriptError: could not find label 'tracy_confronted_10'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump tracy_confronted_10
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1600, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP12 ELITE-1.0.3
Sun Dec 08 23:31:52 2019

Reactions: zaxrider29

zaxrider29

Jun 9, 2018
I got this during the first sexscene with tracy. Your mod asks me about chapter 2 , i clicked yes and this happened
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump tracy_confronted_10

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump tracy_confronted_10
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1600, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP12 ELITE-1.0.3
Sun Dec 08 23:31:52 2019

Same Problem got on my Corrupt ending path play through. If you click no to avoid error, Then the confront tracy path gets cancelled and then the corrupt ending path is removed thus only reaching bad ending on default choice route.

the error cause of a syntax error in the code in episode10.rpy

tracy_confronted_10 code line should be tracy_confronted_ep10 in line 1956

so i solved the issue by 1st deleting all the mod files from this mod in the game directory folder of the main game ,just as they are in the Rar file of the mod.
Then copying once again the mod files from the Rar Mod file, BUT only the files with .rpy extension and not the .rpyc extension files with duplicate file names. i.e. only copy [filename.rpy] and not both [ filename.rpy+filename.rpyc]
Then, opening the episode10.rpy file in Notepad++ , Find /Goto line 1956 and the argument tracy_confronted_10 to tracy_confronted_ep10 and click save and close Notepad++
Then Run Game, but ull get Runtime Crash error of all rpyc files being created once again for the game. No worries. Just Run the game exe again. And viola the game will run smoothly once again. with error fixed and being able to see the Confront Tracy scene with the mod and hence getting the corrupt ending.

Attaching the edited episode10.rpy file for easy mod update. but follow same steps as above n instead of opening the episode10.rpy file mentioned above, just copy my attached file instead and overwrite the original file from the mod files inside the game folder

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
This mod is basically just the base script files with some changes, like the "ingame Walkthrough". It shouldn't effect other mods in any way.
As for the bug zaxrider29 posted, I'd have to check what the cause is, that might take some time though, because I haven't been working on the mod for quite some time and tbf I haven't even played DoD since the release of episode 3.

Reactions: zaxrider29

PAlNMON

Aug 16, 2020
Help. I tried to use "Patch INCEST", but there is no change. Im playing in to android. Do I have to overlay a file or what?

sayfetchi100

Sep 24, 2021
guys im new and looking for a way to change characters names. i tried modifying the scripts.rpa but the game gave me errors when launching and it stopped working since. is there a mod for something like this, how to make it work

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes