Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
When it's done. :p

I'm kidding, I'm currently working on the new version, but with all the changes made to Ep11, I decided to start over and apply all changes to the update scripts. That takes some time and in addition to that I'm working on a way to do all the night scenes, so you won't have to choose between the different characters.
Also I'm thinking about adding the holiday special to the main game, but I'm not sure if I'm going to.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I just finished modding episode 6, but because the many changes I need to make in order to make the night scenes and some other ones redoable, it takes more time than expected.

The version for episode 11 should be ready tomorrow though.

numm123

Apr 14, 2018
how do I fix this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While loading <'Image' u'images/replay_icons/d6couch_extra.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/replay_icons/d6couch_extra.jpg'.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 262, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\layout.py", line 444, in render
    renders = [ render(i, renwidth, renheight, st, at) for i in children ]
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 715, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1110, in render
    st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Ahsan\Desktop\Game\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-skunked\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/replay_icons/d6couch_extra.jpg'.
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Dreams of Desire EP11 ELITE-1.0.1
Sat Apr 14 19:36:22 2018

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It kind of tells you how to fix it. A file, in that case an image is missing. The best solution would be to unpack the rar file download the game again.

numm123

Apr 14, 2018
It kind of tells you how to fix it. A file, in that case an image is missing. The best solution would be to unpack the rar file download the game again.
Can you DM me how to do that? I totally forgot how to. Please and Thank you

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Wait what?
How did you download the game in the first place? Do the same thing again and follow the instructions in the OP, that's it. It isn't that difficult to be honest.

Ted Danson

Jun 4, 2017
I keep getting an error I can't get past with the mod installed with Episode 11.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/episode11.rpy", line 806, in script
    $ navigation.load("navigation_aby")
  File "game/episode11.rpy", line 806, in <module>
NameError: name 'navigation' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/episode11.rpy", line 806, in script
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "C:\DreamsOfDesireEP11-ELITE-1.0.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1839, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/episode11.rpy", line 806, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP11 ELITE-1.0.1
I've never had issues previously using your mod with the game so I'm not sure what the issue is or what if anything I did wrong. It happens every time when I reach the same scene in Episode 11.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Let me guess...... threesom sceen with aunt, tracy and mc ??? It`s a game bug (can be fixed), not the mod bug.

ParthMargin

Feb 11, 2018
I'm going to ask the most stupidest question, but that's ok. Would someone like to tell me the key or keys to pulling up the developer's console? Thank you in advance for putting up with me.

ParthMargin

Feb 11, 2018
Shift + O

But you need to enable the console first, with a tool like UnRen for example.
I appreciate that KinneyX23. I actually did all the file downloads and ran the .bat file. I will go in and enable the console but the last time I did it there was nothing in the file that said what the keys should be. I probably just missed it, but I truly appreciate the help.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
@ParthMargin If you ran the unren.bat, you won't need to enable the console, just hit Shift + O once you're in the game and the console will open. To close it again after you're done just hit Esc and you're good to go. :)

Reactions: ParthMargin

ParthMargin

Feb 11, 2018
@ParthMargin If you ran the unren.bat, you won't need to enable the console, just hit Shift + O once you're in the game and the console will open. To close it again after you're done just hit Esc and you're good to go. :)
Thank you so much for explaining that. I was looking through the thread and I'm having a hard time finding a list of commands for the console. Would you or anyone who is reading this know if there is such a list? It isn't that important but it would make for some interesting replay. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
If you follow the mod you won't need any variable changes in the console, because all the choices marked with a "+ X" will influence those changable variables. But in case you want to do it anyway, the variables that are listed in the OP should give you a good idea of what you can do.

You basically just need to type "mom_lust = 50" for example and the lust for the mom goes up to 50. The same works with the other variables. Then there are variables, that use a True or False setting, changing them works the same, the only difference is that you type in True or False (important with the first letter as a capital one). But be advised changing thos variables can screw up your game!

Ribosome

May 5, 2018
Hi ,

I'm getting the below error while going past the vacuum work in room (EP4 Day 7 morning):

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/episode4.rpy", line 771, in script
    $ navigation.lock("tracy_room")
  File "game/episode4.rpy", line 771, in <module>

Full traceback:
  File "game/episode4.rpy", line 771, in script
  File "D:\New folder\New_folder\Dreams Of Desire_EP9-ELITE-1.0 (hotfix)\DreamsOfDesireEP9-ELITE-1.0-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP9-ELITE-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
  File "D:\New folder\New_folder\Dreams Of Desire_EP9-ELITE-1.0 (hotfix)\DreamsOfDesireEP9-ELITE-1.0-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP9-ELITE-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/episode4.rpy", line 771, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP9 ELITE-1.0.1

Any solution for this please??

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes