Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
I enjoyed this game, and your mod a lot. As a huge fan of CoC (you may or may not have hear of), I think that games like this can have more exposition in them than other rpg-maker style games cannot. With a limited amount of movement and visuals (animated/videos), a descriptive narrative can help fill in the blanks that the still pictures cannot always convey.

So, Because of this, I dug into and learned a little (and I mean a tiny bit) of the game code, and I expanded on episode 8 a bit... More precisely, the scene with the Alice Treatment. I would like someone or everyone to go over the scene with the alternate costume, and down the "erupt inside" path. You may enjoy it... Or you may hate it...

I am uploading this here... because it is technically a mod... but there is not really any mod thread other then this one. That, and if it is good enough, I would be honored if it gets added to continuity of the story, or your mod. The only thing i ask is a "nod/thank you, it was great", or a "your writing sucks, go back to school".

Reactions: bamachris55

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
It will be, but since episode 12 is much bigger than all previous versions, it's gonna take some time.
I see. So if I'm playing the modded game, I have to wait till you patch the Ep12 files in order to play it. That explains why I'm getting a credits screen after finishing Ep11.

Th3Espr3ss0

Oct 7, 2017
I see. So if I'm playing the modded game, I have to wait till you patch the Ep12 files in order to play it. That explains why I'm getting a credits screen after finishing Ep11.
Yeah, Wish this patch would come out sooner so I don't have to stumble my way through the game.

Jeikobe

Oct 22, 2016
so i guess this mod is abandon, 2 months have passed and no update to be seen:'( .Such a shame ...

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It's not, but I had a lot to do the last couple of weeks and couldn't find the time to actually go through the scripts.

I'm testing the new mod right now. ;)

OP Updated

Reactions: Randor

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
It should work now, I forgot to add a "jump finale_start" for the alternative outfit part in the end of episode 11.

Jeikobe

Oct 22, 2016
i knew it's not:OhMyGoodness:, i post it just to let u know that a lot of people still waiting for ur mod and to motivate u to continue:eazyHype:, in case u lost ur vibe .Thanks for releasing a new version, you're doing god's work:angel:

bananaEgg

Jul 11, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episode12.rpy", line 5274, in script
    if mom_good == True and alice_good == True and marcus_good == True:
  File "game/episode12.rpy", line 5274, in <module>
NameError: name 'mom_good' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1870, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1863, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP12 ELITE-1.0.3
Thu Jul 19 13:26:33 2018
I'm getting this after killing Nora @ EP12

Reactions: zaxrider29

Ted Danson

Jun 4, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1870, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\DRIVERS\WIN\PMDriver\x64\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1863, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP12 ELITE-1.0.3
Thu Jul 19 13:26:33 2018
I'm getting this after killing Nora @ EP12
I'm also getting a few errors like this with the mod installed in Chapter 12 and can't finish the game.

zaxrider29

Jun 9, 2018
yeah
I'm also getting a few errors like this with the mod installed in Chapter 12 and can't finish the game.
having same problem, had to remove this mod, to play all different walk throughs. its conflicting with some diff game ends. sorry but this mod needs a redo in its code for chapter 12!

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
No it'a not the code for episode 12 that causes the error. The error should be fixed now though...

OP updated

jake stallone

Jan 5, 2018
After going through all 10 pages of comments without finding an answer, I still need help applying this mod. The Ep12 completed version of this game is the first time I've played (lucky me that I don't have to wait) so I've done the following with no luck:
1. unzipped the completed main game (Ep12 Elite V1.03 PC)
2. placed the .bat tool in main folder (same as the .exe file)
3. ran the .bat tool (option 2).

Nothing happened but is it because I didn't unzip the Ep12 Mod rar file (138772_DoD_modded_Ep12_fixed.rar) into the main folder first? Once the Ep12 rar has been unzipped then the .bat tool run and I've moved the modded files into /game file, will it work? Also, I just tried to unzip the V12 Mod rar file (both page 1 attached version and mega download version) with 7zip and it gave me a 'Can not open file as archive' error. Am I missing something else? Any additional info would greatly be appreciated.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes