desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Great game but it has some serious flaws in it. Its kind of annoying how you need to engage Jessica sexually (well all the girls) to progress the story. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't forced to be so submissive to her. The biggest problem though is the random events. They tend to pop up at implausible times and mess up the immersion. Repeating the same shit 50 times gets old pretty fast too. Also, for a game with good writing, the constant barrage of "should of" is very off putting.

Reactions: 2fishy

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Great game but it has some serious flaws in it. Its kind of annoying how you need to engage Jessica sexually (well all the girls) to progress the story. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't forced to be so submissive to her. The biggest problem though is the random events. They tend to pop up at implausible times and mess up the immersion. Repeating the same shit 50 times gets old pretty fast too. Also, for a game with good writing, the constant barrage of "should of" is very off putting.
Yah that and other reasons is why we no longer do VN's with RPG elements. You need a programmer working on just the RPG systems and randomization and Flags system just to get it right and balance things out. But we don't have the budget for that luxury. It nice that we still get comments on Dreaming of Dana even though we wrapped it up quite a while ago

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Yah that and other reasons is why we no longer do VN's with RPG elements. You need a programmer working on just the RPG systems and randomization and Flags system just to get it right and balance things out. But we don't have the budget for that luxury.
Honestly, for Renpy games, "free roaming," grinding stats, working to make $$, talking to each girl and crap is so boring and usually just a crappy way to extend the play time. I can't even remember the last game that had a good system that utilized that kind of system. High-rise climb did it pretty well and there are probably a few others.

For games that have a good story and characters, linear gameplay with branching plots are the best in my opinion.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Honestly, for Renpy games, "free roaming," grinding stats, working to make $$, talking to each girl and crap is so boring and usually just a crappy way to extend the play time. I can't even remember the last game that had a good system that utilized that kind of system. High-rise climb did it pretty well and there are probably a few others.

For games that have a good story and characters, linear gameplay with branching plots are the best in my opinion.
More then likely if we were to do another RPG style VN we would Move to use Unity or Unreal for the game as they are much more robust engines and we could do much more in the customization of how it would work plus easier to find programmers for C# or C++ then Ren'py.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
More then likely if we were to do another RPG style VN we would Move to use Unity or Unreal for the game as they are much more robust engines and we could do much more in the customization of how it would work plus easier to find programmers for C# or C++ then Ren'py.
I disagree that Unity or Unreal are much more robust engines. Ren'Py gives you Python. You can do anything with that.

Just remember us Mac users if you do go with Unity or Unreal!

Zippos

Sep 11, 2018
Hi, the ingame menu disappeared and I can't seem to put it back on. I've tried every key from the help menu and it still won't work, any idea how I can fix that ?

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes