VN Ren'Py Dreamer Life [Development Thread]

pondloso

Apr 3, 2017
9.jpg
"Hey guys!

I've been playing a lot of games and have always dream of creating my own. This game is my first ever, and I didn't even know how to code before starting.

So you could say this is my test project because everything is just testing my ideas. But it seems like I'm doing too much for the first version of this game,
and maybe no one will even play it. But I just want to see how my idea goes.

Lastly, English is not my first language, not even my second, so there will be a lot of typos and grammatical errors."

My Idea

"I just want to create a sandbox game, and my special idea is to use AI to help upgrade the look of images in the game.
I'm fully aware that it's not perfect at all.

The downside is that character faces sometimes lack coherence between different scenes, especially in some parts of the game that I made in the first batch. I still haven't figured out the whole process, but if you don't compare images side by side, it will hardly be noticeable when you play.

However, with the limitations of AI and my technique, along with my inexpensive PC, it's hard to achieve the perfect image that I want. For now, this is the main point.

This makes me fear that people will not accept this game. But I just had this idea and want to try it anyway. If it doesn't work,
I will simply try a new technique with AI tools.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

e3.jpg e4.jpg e18.jpg 16.jpg 1.jpg 6.jpg
c3.jpg c4.jpg morning11.jpg morning14.jpg 1 angry.jpg 2.jpg

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I wish good luck on your game.
The images look okay. Do you do any touch-ups where needed? I especially like this kind of realistic-looking AI.
There was a game here for a while that had a similar look. I think it's abandoned now.

I would like to offer my help with proofreading when you have the script started. I don't write dialogue I just correct whats already there.
I'm a native English speaker and have been doing PR for a couple yers now.
Cheers.

Reactions: pondloso

pondloso

Apr 3, 2017
I wish good luck on your game.
The images look okay. Do you do any touch-ups where needed? I especially like this kind of realistic-looking AI.
There was a game here for a while that had a similar look. I think it's abandoned now.

I would like to offer my help with proofreading when you have the script started. I don't write dialogue I just correct whats already there.
I'm a native English speaker and have been doing PR for a couple yers now.
Cheers.
Yes, I need to do a lot of retouching; otherwise, there will be too many weird anatomical aspects, especially with the hands. Hands are the most difficult thing to fix with AI.

Thank you for your help. Right now, I'm using ChatGPT to correct a lot of dialogue. But I completely trust it. If it messes up the grammar, I will have no idea at all! Haha

This project is taking too long for the first version, and I don't think it will attract much attention. However, it's nearly finished.

I only hope that some people will try this game and provide feedback for my next game if this one doesn't succeed.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Matt_Morlan

Feb 14, 2024
I'm used to play with AI-generated images and I was surprised by the quality of your images. I've seen a lot of DAZ games with infinitely lower quality, so as long as the visual language normally used in VN games is maintained, it's not a bother for me that's AI.

But dude, if I may give you some advice: put a lot of more effort into the game's visual identity. And I mean, a lot. The menus, typography, icons, and game opening don't match the quality of the images. Aim to an overall balance of product items: graphic design, characters, story, music and sound effects, etc.

I get it's your first shot and you're just trying things out with what you've got, but the community can be pretty tough on projects like this. It might kill your vibe for making games. And hey, we want more devs churning out awesome games, right?

Reactions: pondloso

pondloso

Apr 3, 2017
Thank you for your advice. Honestly, I had no idea about UI. I've seen some fancy UI designs, but I'm trying to keep it simple, maybe because it's my first game and I know so little about coding. The main point is, I just like simple, clean UI.
But I think the characters and story should be good enough for my first game.

After all, I didn't expect any success from this game; I just want to learn about coding and make a game for the first time.
My aim is for the next game to have more unique art and a grander story setting in my mind.

Now my game it finish first version with 670 Image and around 5,000 of story line.
But i had to wait for patreon account review,don't know how long it take.
My subscribestar account take almost a year still under review...:eek:

charlize_bedroom_photoshoot_17.jpg

emma_getnew_swimmdress_6.jpg

emma_getnew_swimmdress_12.jpg

megan_night_drunk_18.jpg

megan_night_drunk_19.jpg

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
from the previews you have show I love the look of it, especially the girl in the red shirt.

pondloso

Apr 3, 2017
Finallly my patreon page was approve
I release my first version of my first game

You guy can support me if you think my work is some how good enough

Unfefef33titled-5.jpg

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
Problem in power & guitar counters: Already at Power 40 & Guitar 60 from swimming, practicing guitar and reading two books for both skills. However, if I go swimming or practicing guitar again, power and guitar skills drop back to 30 & 50.

pondloso

Apr 3, 2017
Problem in power & guitar counters: Already at Power 40 & Guitar 60 from swimming, practicing guitar and reading two books for both skills. However, if I go swimming or practicing guitar again, power and guitar skills drop back to 30 & 50.
i set up limit when you go to sleep and you don't need more than that.
and after 0.2 content it not use in the game at all.

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
i set up limit when you go to sleep and you don't need more than that.
and after 0.2 content it not use in the game at all.
Thanx! BTW, the stat only goes down to the limit when I swim or practice guitar, but doesn't go down when I go to sleep.