Drawing application - recommendations

bdaywans

Apr 15, 2017
So I've got 2 game ideas, one I want to do with Daz renders but I want to try my hand an drawing the other, or at least I can hire someone better to draw it. Problem is I've got a stylus table but no software. I can get Photoshop but are there any others you guys can suggest? Preferably free? Is Gimp worth it?

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
When I was trying free software the program I ended up liking the most was The only issue I had with it was because I'm using a cheap Ugee M-1000L the ends of my lines frequently would have a small dot instead of a smooth taper. That issue may have been resolved though, it's been over a year since I used it...

My drawing/editing program I'm currently using is , I got lucky and found a physical edition on Amazon for sale at $25... so less than 3 months of a subscription to Creative Cloud for Photoshop. It isn't as robust as Photoshop, but if your style/the style you're aiming for is more drawn vs painted it works fairly well. Not to say I haven't seen some examples that look painted, but you'll probably need to beat the brush engine over the head repeatedly to get a setup capable of doing that reliably.