Unreal Engine DomJOI Office [v0.7] [DomJOIDev]

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
I'm trying to run the linux version but I can't get it to open properly. Any recommendations?
My bad. This build is somehow broken. I'm working on fix.

EDIT: It's not broken. The Unreal Require the 4 GiB of RAM on your graphic card. (I checked on my work computer and my private computer. It won't start on my work computer [that's why I believed that build is broken] but works like charm on my private computer - both running Linux). I also checked that the compilation target is very old CentOS 7 so any modern distribution should run it.

Last edited:

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
I'm trying to run the linux version but I can't get it to open properly. Any recommendations?
methebob I triple-checked. The game works, but you need the 4GiB of VRAM minimum on your GPU. It's an Unreal Engine game and even if my game is not that resource consuming it inherits the minimal requirements from Unreal Engine.

You could run the game from the command line like:
```
cd DomJOIOffice_v0.7-Linux # AFTER UNPACKING OFC
bash DomJoiOffice.sh

```

If the error provided by the script (or rather by the game binary that the script is invoking) has the following line:

```
with error VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DEVICE_MEMORY
```

It means that Unreal tried to allocate memory on your GPU and run out of it (there are mallocs [malloc is a function for allocating memory] further in the log)

If you have a graphic card that should have enough memory then check the following:

• the graphic driver is up to date
  • graphic driver modules are running for example `lsmod | grep -i nvidia` should return `nvidia_drm` among other kernel modules
  • if all the following criteria are met then you should also check:
    • running on a single screen or screen that output is from the discrete graphic card (if you have for example HDMI, and 2 USB-c version 4/thunderbolt ports some of them might use the default/CPU graphic)
    • enabling discrete graphic exclusively in UEFI/BIOS might help or even enabling the Nvidia MUX switch if you have one.

If after running from the command line you have an output that does not contain `VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DEVICE_MEMORY` you could put it here or send me a log on DM and I will try to debug it further.

Reactions: methebob

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Can it be played in VR?
I will add the MacOS build before starting to think about adding VR support. I get that this is an amazing niche, but I do not own the VR headset so I'm not even able to test it properly.

This looks very similar to virtual succubus, as far as i remember the problem with VS is that the developer is handling development in controversial ways. Can I recommend you add a higher definition model for feet? I think VS still has some horrid low polygon thing for the feet
It's because I loved VS. I used to be a supporter of the project. Unfortunately after version v0.23 (changes to endings that I do not like. Mutual masturbation is hot but after a few times it is sooooo boring. I loved the simpler endings and the element of surprised what will happen.)

The second update that killed the game for me is 696969696969 billions of trillions of tasks. It took away the whole element of surprise and anticipating what the next task might be. I respect that some people like that, but after setting up the literal task list the fun is gone since it takes away the whole agency of succubus - at least for me.

Also, SuccuDev told me to fuck myself and wrote a lengthy paragraph about why I'm shit. So I do not have a lot of respect for him as a person.

Lastly, I promised myself that I would, at least try, be very respectful to everyone even if we disagree in the end or I won't implement something. My development process is quite open. I use Trello and Discord where you can DM me.

If you cum while following instructions, you select "Cum" If you don't want to follow an instruction/task, select "Disobeyed"
Cum is not working at the moment and in some cases will just end session and move you to main menu :eek::eek::eek:. I know game is very barebone ATM, but "It's something" :).

Glad to see a JOI game cant have enough of those!

I noticed that games like this use third-person descriptions but that choice baffles me. At least for me first person would feel much more personal and thats precisely the goal of an instruction simulation. I want to feel like she is a girl / mistress talking to me. Or is there some difficulty with first person I havent thought of?

Another thing that probably divides joi enjoyers is whether they like full randomness. I think the game is well paced and its important to have a good core to build on, game modes and more poses or clothing can always be added later. I do like the default clothes and many variations arent neccesary for me for it to feel like a full game. But back to randomness, since I look for an experience to be simulated even a game as varied and rich in options as virtual succubus doesnt keep me playing. Im just too aware that its a random generator and not a mistress. So my ultimate adult game fantasy so to speak Is a JOI game with story. To be more precise a joi game with a progression element and some unique text (taunt lines) or even visual content being unlocked by playing. I dont mind if its grindy, I dont mind if its random, but a framing that provides context for a series of sessions would improve the experience a lot for me. (edit: especially with tease & denial)

I definietly look forward to trying some later releases just like i return to VS once in a while. I hope it develops into a different direction but either way I love new JOI games.
It's very hard to meet your criteria when it comes to more story-driven JOI and slowly unlocking the elements. I think that this is a great idea for a game [RLY!], but I'm still a beginner, in game dev, with no money from this game. It means that I have to keep my nice and steady job + freelance from time to time just to provide and help my family, so I'm putting this litte of free time that I have into it.

Maybe the next game - DomJOI Story-Driven-Mistress. The whole idea of unlocking the next "levels" and discovering "kinks" with her etc is HOT and I love it.

The "AI" at the moment is random with fixed weights on tasks (or rather task-types). BUT I'm thinking about implementing a few "AI" strategies in the game. Some of them are:

- Random (currently implemented)
- CFS (Completely fair scheduler)
- Branches (the tasks will be splited into the tree [maybe binary tree but I'm thinking more about B+]) and then the "next" move is from a node of the tree [it can be to parent]
- Graph! Each task set is a node, and it would start go through the graph depending on the initial state and player reactions.
- Lastly "real" AI so something more similar to the current VS state.

When it comes to more personal first-person experience this is something extremely valid and important if you could DM me or even better write it here with some examples I would be grateful. I love design and development discussions. Having healthy community discussing ideas is a dream for game developers.

Ok so right out of the gate the start of the game reminds me a little too much of Virtual Succubus.
Like the same starting statements from the girl.
There's plenty of room for this game to be its own in the future I guess, but the similarities are a little worrying at this point.
I liked VS so for me it's natural to get inspiration from the successful game in the genre. Still, there are design decisions and some nice differentials already :).

When it comes to design:

- There is and will be "single page" customization. No matter how long it will be I won't make any submenu to submenu to submenu to 4 layers of tasks that will never happen and is useless.
- User will be able to create their own tasks (read from JSON)
- The model is more mature and IMO nicer.
- Unreal is a better engine. EOT

When it comes to some things that are already better than in VS:
- You can add your own dom/sub names
- My game loads in a reasonable time :)

Also you can't move or look around but space bar makes HER jump
I left this as an easter egg :). It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature.

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
When it comes to more personal first-person experience
Im not sure i expressed it right but I simply meant "I want you to grab your cock" "stroke 20 times!" instead of third person "she wants you to grab your cock" "she demands you stroke 20 times"

1st person can include a lot of taunts this way, "dont make me wait", "you'll do X, chop-chop" "thats it, now do X" . There can be infinite variations but there dont have to be, a plain way of talking in 1st person "do x" is more immersive for me than "she tells you to do x"

• Red Heart
Reactions: DomJoiDev

DigitalMan

Jul 26, 2018
Could be good, I suppose. Of course, it loses immediately to Virtual Succubus, which this game seems to be essentially a competitor of, at least in terms of presentation. However, if you could make the game a lot more moddable for the user (uploading custom textures for various things like clothes, skin, and other features, customizing dialogue to fit a larger range of fetishes than you, the developer, could include, and so on), then it would at least be better in my eyes. The main thing I hated about Virtual Succubus was that, for a game supposedly all about making the perfect dommy mommy, the customization options were honestly just kinda stale. There were all sorts of odd fetishes, but the dialogue never felt like it would change quite to my tastes, and I just wanted to reach into the game and edit them at least a little. But they made the damn thing in Unity, which is just about impossible to mod, at least for me, and I've seen games that were set up for moddability, made in Unity, so they just didn't bother to make the game around that. But, eh, maybe that's actually just a bit much, isn't it? I mean, who else but the maniacs among us (me) is gonna actually dig around in the game files and edit shit? It's easier to just hardbake everything in, cause the few people that are gonna want to start messing around in the files aren't worth the effort of making said messing around easy and user-friendly.

Reactions: DomJoiDev

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Could be good, I suppose. Of course, it loses immediately to Virtual Succubus, which this game seems to be essentially a competitor of, at least in terms of presentation. However, if you could make the game a lot more moddable for the user (uploading custom textures for various things like clothes, skin, and other features, customizing dialogue to fit a larger range of fetishes than you, the developer, could include, and so on), then it would at least be better in my eyes. The main thing I hated about Virtual Succubus was that, for a game supposedly all about making the perfect dommy mommy, the customization options were honestly just kinda stale. There were all sorts of odd fetishes, but the dialogue never felt like it would change quite to my tastes, and I just wanted to reach into the game and edit them at least a little. But they made the damn thing in Unity, which is just about impossible to mod, at least for me, and I've seen games that were set up for moddability, made in Unity, so they just didn't bother to make the game around that. But, eh, maybe that's actually just a bit much, isn't it? I mean, who else but the maniacs among us (me) is gonna actually dig around in the game files and edit shit? It's easier to just hardbake everything in, cause the few people that are gonna want to start messing around in the files aren't worth the effort of making said messing around easy and user-friendly.

Adding custom textures and other things is an out-of-scope ATM for me. But I want to add extra customization options! My idea is that there will be the ability to add JSON/YAML with your custom tasks and maybe some texts. Thank You for your feedback.

Im not sure i expressed it right but I simply meant "I want you to grab your cock" "stroke 20 times!" instead of third person "she wants you to grab your cock" "she demands you stroke 20 times"

1st person can include a lot of taunts this way, "dont make me wait", "you'll do X, chop-chop" "thats it, now do X" . There can be infinite variations but there dont have to be, a plain way of talking in 1st person "do x" is more immersive for me than "she tells you to do x"
It is much easier to do that third person because you want a lot of customized text like it's in the game ATM.

"{DOMNAME} wants to see {SUBNAME} {TASK} {COUNT}" It's a simplification but then you change the "wants to see" to something like "orders", "awaits" etc and you have a lot of messages that user can get.

I think that it's possible with the first person. But it might be, a little bit, harder. I will give it a try and include this suggestion in the game. Especially the taunts should be first person. I will add the async taunt mechanic to the game.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Sakyazel

dumptruck0909

Jul 7, 2021
Biggest complaint with VS was the goofy cartoon avatar and how childish it looked, so if this game turns out to be identical but with a more realistic adult avatar I'm all for it.