Does patreon okay with HighSchool adult content?

thisistheendforme

Apr 23, 2020
Hi.. I just started to write and render a visual novel but I'm worried about age problems so I wanted to ask your opinions. I want to write about teenagers mostly the last 2 years of high school so they are 17-18 years old. I know under 18 years old are now allowed but I have seen so many people having high school content on Patreon so it's a bit confusing. I do want to have sex scenes in my visual novel so yeah it's a bit scary. Because I don't want to get into trouble.

I thought maybe making students 18-19 would be another option. Or manipulating the world-building and saying "In my world it's fictional and students go high school for 6 years" for example. But idk it's a bit cheesy.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi.. I just started to write and render a visual novel but I'm worried about age problems so I wanted to ask your opinions. I want to write about teenagers mostly the last 2 years of high school so they are 17-18 years old. I know under 18 years old are now allowed but I have seen so many people having high school content on Patreon so it's a bit confusing. I do want to have sex scenes in my visual novel so yeah it's a bit scary. Because I don't want to get into trouble.

I thought maybe making students 18-19 would be another option. Or manipulating the world-building and saying "In my world it's fictional and students go high school for 6 years" for example. But idk it's a bit cheesy.
Most likely "no" - several top 20 adult games, including the #1, had to change the setting from high school to "college" as part of being able to remain on Patreon. Just because others may have that as a setting doesn't mean they aren't doing so properly - it just probably means they are still under the radar.

If you have questions about what Patreon allows - you can reach out to their Safety Team to ask.

Last edited:

thisistheendforme

Apr 23, 2020
Most likely "no" - several top 20 adult games, including the #1, had to change the setting from high school to "college" as part of being able to remain on Patreon. Just because others may have that as a setting doesn't mean they aren't doing so properly - it just probably means they are still under the radar.

If you have questions about what Patreon allows - you can reach out to their Safety Team to ask.
Yeah.. I guess its better to not mess with this. Thank you.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
on steam, they will ban your ass for high school regardless of age, but on patreon it will be allowed as long as Patreon thinks the characters are 18+ based on looks and story. looks are important here, just saying they are 18 isn't enough.

if you have any doubts your characters will pass as 18, you could contact patreon, show the characters and ask for their approval.

Reactions: thisistheendforme