Mod [DMD] Customize DMD-variables (and more)

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018
so, for fun i wanted to see how far i could go into minus on save/load pages and i realized that i now can't go back. the buttons seems to be missing. is there any fix for this? like in the console? i have already reinstalled the game multiple times and that doesn't work! please help View attachment 68260
Its just a shoot into the blue, but you could try to delete
..\<DmD game folder>\game\saves\persistent (no file extension)
which solved some of ren'py graphic discrepances i encountered over time. Just in case you're in a rush and can't wait for someone who might have a console workaround for you. Creating a backup of this file might come handy though.

If that does not help directly, there should be a copy of that file existing at
..\user\<userXY>\appdata\roaming\RenPy\DMD-<randomnumber>\persistent (no file extension)
If there are more "DMD-<random number>" folders, open and close DMD and use the one having the latest timestamp afterwards. Creating a backup of this file again might come handy.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
so, for fun i wanted to see how far i could go into minus on save/load pages and i realized that i now can't go back. the buttons seems to be missing. is there any fix for this? like in the console? i have already reinstalled the game multiple times and that doesn't work! please help View attachment 68260
Hi. That was unlucky, but yes there is hope. To reset it open console at any time and
Code:
persistent._file_page = 1
That will reset it at it's default position.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Hi Magixian,

and thanks a lot for this awesome thread which made me gain incredibly helpful insights!

Maybe you can give me a hint on how to export or send the renpy console output to either Windows Clipboard or to a textfile? For example: is it possible to get the renpy locals() command output into a textfile for later search and find tasks?

Thanks either for this thread and for your answer in advance
Hi. Sorry for not getting back to you on this. Read it, looked into it and got distracted by irl stuff. I wasn't able to find a command that did exactly what you asked for. What I did figure out is, that address the string is stored at. Type: store._console and it shows you where that's at for your system. The console as you see it is stored in the persistant file for DMD. You should be able to read and edit those with a hexeditor, though I havn't tried yet.
Found a script while searching on the topic that made it possible to copy into the console, but not from it. (Didn't save the link at the time, but found it with a google search on the topic)

Reactions: OswaldOluvson

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your effort! You gave me an idea how to keep going and which direction to head for.

If i'm able to find a solution i keep you informed. TY again!

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Is there a way to edit the script? I unpacked all the content but the .rpyc files seem to be encrypted.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Is there a way to edit the script? I unpacked all the content but the .rpyc files seem to be encrypted.
Hi. Yes there is a few options. First what you ask for .rpyc -> .rpy (readable+editable) with . Second option a nifty that creates .txt files from the game achive (readable only), and third tool by a staff member of this site that includes unrpyc and made easy to use.
This should help you get further. Ask if you got questions beyond this.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Hi. Yes there is a few options. First what you ask for .rpyc -> .rpy (readable+editable) with . Second option a nifty that creates .txt files from the game achive (readable only), and third tool by a staff member of this site that includes unrpyc and made easy to use.
This should help you get further. Ask if you got questions beyond this.
I did use UnRen... The gibberish I saw was after that... I'll try the other ones out and get back to you... Thanks for the help...

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
I did use UnRen... The gibberish I saw was after that... I'll try the other ones out and get back to you... Thanks for the help...

It's the second option you're looking for here. Archive (.rpa) -> Multiple Compiled files (.rpyc) -> Readable Decompiled files (.rpy)

DAMASCO

Mar 14, 2018
HOW CAN I LOCATE THE DIALOGUES, TO MAKE A TRANSLATION ???
MY NATIVE LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH, AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRANSLATE THE GAME TO MY LANGUAGE
PLEASE HELPME.

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018
HOW CAN I LOCATE THE DIALOGUES, TO MAKE A TRANSLATION ???
MY NATIVE LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH, AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRANSLATE THE GAME TO MY LANGUAGE
PLEASE HELPME.
Would you mind to not write in capital letters only please? It's interpreted as shouting and kind of hurts when reading. :)

As far as i know you have to:
• extract the archives (.rpa) and decompile the now available .rpyc files using UnRen.bat (see 2 posts above)
• edit the raw/plain script files (.rpy) >> replace original text with your favorite language pendants

I gave it a try two minutes ago and it works like a charm.

GL & HF!

DAMASCO

Mar 14, 2018
• edit the raw/plain script files (.rpy) >> replace original text with your favorite language pendants

step a step,please..

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018

step a step,please..
For example:

• edit file "/game/ch2_day0.rpy" (i used the file from Chapter 2, V16.5 - but V17 should be almost identical)
• scroll down until you find words and sentences within quotation marks
• in our example file those should start to appear around line #105
---
>> "Here you go sir. Two strawberry ice creams."
• Translate/Replace the words within quotation marks, like "Bitte schoen der Herr, zwei Portionen Erdbeer Eiscreme." for german
---
• Repeat the prior two steps several hundred or even thousand times until everything is translated... ;)
• Save the file
• Play DmD with your translated texts

If the game won't start afterwards and error messages appear instead, you might have removed one or more quotation mark(s).
Also be careful with variable names: If you are not absolutely sure if something is a "variable" or translateable "text", don't touch it >> when giving the translated files a test run, note down all missed (not translated) words and sentences and translate them the next time you open the files - you can of course search for the missed words noted down earlier to not read the whole file again.

GL & HF

Reactions: Magixian

DAMASCO

Mar 14, 2018
I mean the route to follow in the console to be able to edit

There are several options, I know that is the "load"
but from there I do not know how to get to the archives

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Awesome reply @OswaldOluvson. Explained really down to earth and with good examples.
@DAMASCO if I understand your last reply correctly, then you're trying to doing the translation with the console. That wont get you very far. You'll have to edit it with a text-editor like notepad/word/and-so-on. Look at the reply above as it explains it very well. Just select 'open with..' for the .rpy files, as they are readable textfiles.
Best of luck with your translation-project. If you got further questions, ask. But be more specific if possible.

Reactions: OswaldOluvson

DAMASCO

Mar 14, 2018
somebody could help me???
I would like to know how to edit the dialogues
I try to access according to the instructions they have given me, and I can not
someone really friendly that can help me ???
Thanks in advance

OswaldOluvson

Feb 6, 2018
Hi @DAMASCO,

it's obviously that you still try to call the editor from within the game/renpy console - which is not possible, like @Magixian already mentioned:

...if I understand your last reply correctly, then you're trying to doing the translation with the console. That wont get you very far. You'll have to edit it with a text-editor like notepad/word/and-so-on. Look at the reply above as it explains it very well. Just select 'open with..' for the .rpy files, as they are readable textfiles. ...
Please take your time reading the given instructions again cause it is essential that you understand those if you want to be successful! :)

jhb

Apr 14, 2017
I n this game is there away to make any of the female's look bigger? I know everyone loves to play and see female's that are slim but I'm a fan of larger women. Any help with this so I could get the bigger?:confounded::FeelsGoodMan::perservingface:

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
I n this game is there away to make any of the female's look bigger? I know everyone loves to play and see female's that are slim but I'm a fan of larger women. Any help with this so I could get the bigger?:confounded::FeelsGoodMan::perservingface:
Hey. The images you see are pre-made. So only way to change that is by re-rendering the images. Closest thing you can get to this is in the Fan Art thread, if there is such images already or by making a request.