Unreal Engine DLSS and TAA in UE4 !??

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
Hello,
i got a quick question about dlss, i bought a new graphics card rtx 2070 and i want to know if there's a way to add the DLSS or TAA functions to UE4 ?
Thanks in advance .

Emoon

May 4, 2017
TAA or at least TXAA is already implemented in the engine and is used by default unless you use forward-rendering then it uses MSAA. As for DLSS, i'm not sure if it is already implemented in an early state (i doubt it since it's so new) or if it is on the roadmap but since the source is available at github you can implement it yourself. Would it be worth it? I don't know since the only halfway decent insight i've found is an article by

Reactions: Chikimaro

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
TAA is a built-in feature, if you use the newest UE versions. DLSS is useless without a neural network, you might get the dll from somewhere, but it can't do anything unless you create a neural network from your assets. And this is expensive. With a traditional PC you need years to get good results. If you want to use DLSS you probably need a server with 20-40 GPUs, so you might be able to get a 80%+ NN in 7-8 weeks.

Reactions: Chikimaro

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
TAA is a built-in feature, if you use the newest UE versions. DLSS is useless without a neural network, you might get the dll from somewhere, but it can't do anything unless you create a neural network from your assets. And this is expensive. With a traditional PC you need years to get good results. If you want to use DLSS you probably need a server with 20-40 GPUs, so you might be able to get a 80%+ NN in 7-8 weeks.
i see, i think i won't think about adding DLSS anymore because it will just give me a bad headache, i willl keep the TAA because as you said its already implemented in the engine.
Thank you guys for the answers, i appreciate it.

Reactions: Emoon

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
you can use temporal upsampling, it has really low cost and can upscale resolution even from 50% to look good enough