Unity Disturbium - Slave Management Game

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
1705056703739.png

Disturbium.

A slave management game.

What I'm creating:

I am creating Slave management game with a focus on creating criminal enterprise to maximize your income and spread influence. Based in world falling apart from corruption from a mysterious visitor. You must manage your time and money to train your slaves to become entertainers, prostitutes and thugs.

All this is created in real-time 3D sideview world in unity. Everything is animated and characters move through the world and act with autonomy.

Latest Build: Disturbium V0.1 test build - 1

Discord:

Last edited:

larus1212

Jun 13, 2022
Is there a new demo by any chance? I think your work is great. I've also played (90 Seconds Slave) and I hope you're also building a lot with bdsm.

larus1212

Jun 13, 2022
Thanks for the new demo. You will manage to make a hammer game out of it. And I hope there will be more content like in 90 Second. So take as much time as you need.

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
Project is back on the move, needed to make some big changes in order to get the gameplay to feel right and keep the bloat down. Had to tinker and learn a few things. Which cost me a bit of time. I will sticking to side view style gameplay but 4 layers deep.

First of the major changes is the game no longer uses sprites for the characters and uses animated 3d models. This was coming an issue with the game size. The sprites needed so much compression that they became too blurry and keeping track of all the variations consumed too much time.

1699607250774.png 1699652531360.png

Also to note Slave now come in different shapes and flavors which are randomly blended against another from a library of different body and face builds. I was able to create morph scrapers and character customization inside the game so slaves body can change during the course of the game, think cosmetic surgery and a custom slave creator later on.

Character quality has been worked on. I have created shaders to handle things like skin, clothes and what not. Subsurface Scattering, Iridescence, Anisotropy, Translucency and other cool features. Meaning we won't be relying on renders and will run it live. It's no where as flashy as what you can do in blender but hopefully the quality acceptable for most people. All picture are realtime in unity from a GTX960 HD 100FPS, RTX3080 4k 144FPS

1699608287074.png 1699609228254.png

Lots of other stuff was added but I will keep it short.

-Random Corruption events as the Sins try to secure the dominance, Altering slaves mind to a particular sin and decaying the others.
-Clothing for slaves which give perks.
-Slave to Player loyalty, based on memory system where interactions are remembered and affect there loyalty.
-Slave beauty system, Assigned random natural beauty and then gain modifiers. Affects Slave Price$
-Slave neuron behavior tasks. Slaves will automate off a neuron system which will prioritize there tasks and behaviors based off weighted parameters like mood, needs, skills and corruption levels.
-And many other things.

Most of the time spent now is getting the animations connected to the activities and tasks that are already programmed for the sprite version. Squishing some bugs and hopefully will have some sort of demo by beginning of next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: larus1212

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
I put 2 versions up, the sprite version from early this year, and 3d one which I'm working on. Sprite version has more intact features. I'm working on migrating those onto the 3d version.

Sprite Version

3D version
***REMOVED***

As for support I don't need any kind of financial support. When I have something with a lot more functionality I will look into it. But if you want to throw out your ideas or criticism I will happy to hear it. End of year holidays is coming and I plan on going full hermit mode on this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: larus1212

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
New test build released.

Last attempt at this game was made with sprites but became too bloated and messy. I took a break at the beginning of the year and restarted in October. I rebuilt everything and went with full 3D.

What's up next.

Promotion system. This will allow you to recruit your slaves into your group to go missions like robbery, kidnappings, prostitution and more once a slave has reached a loyalty / submission threshold. Make sure to keep there loyalty or submission high as they will have a chance to run away.

Clinic. Send your slaves to the clinic for shock therapy to rearrange there traits allowing higher levels of skills.

Break Events. Slaves have needs and can be emotional. Break events will happen when a slaves mood is low. They can go into a rampage, depression or other ailments.

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
Just a hint, for the textures you use, you dont have to make them all so vibrant.
The graphics tend to melt into each other and that makes it look very messy.

There is also no shame in using a normal font for text, makes stuff easier to read as well, especially in the HUD (dyslexia and bad eyesight)
Trust me it will look better that way, keeping stuff simple is also an achievement on itself

Love your work so far and very interested in what you end up creating !! Keep it up

Reactions: Disturbium

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
Just a hint, for the textures you use, you dont have to make them all so vibrant.
The graphics tend to melt into each other and that makes it look very messy.

There is also no shame in using a normal font for text, makes stuff easier to read as well, especially in the HUD (dyslexia and bad eyesight)
Trust me it will look better that way, keeping stuff simple is also an achievement on itself

Love your work so far and very interested in what you end up creating !! Keep it up
"Don't have to make them all so vibrant."

The game was less saturated, I tried experimenting after changing color space. I will reduce the saturation and the bloom spread.

"using a normal font for text"

The HUD is overly busy and it needs simplifying. I realized early on it was looking too busy or messy, and instead backing off I double down on it. I regret that now, but I will learn from it and do better when I rebuild the UI.

I appreciate your input.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sweetit

SHSStudio

Jan 12, 2024
Take a look into it.

Really: you did not bad, it makes a solide Overview.
Really like the Idea in complete. Was ~ 3 minutes to come "inside" and "know" what to do, but there some Time
i feel "alone". First i need to figure out was "WADS", ( You can lol, yes, but it was ).

so: short "Toturial Canvas" just explains the first steps, will be a big help.

Optical i see not really "big" problems, the style is okay in my eyes.
for the font i need to say: yes. a big huge Part is not to read for me, just it s painful to read what is standing there.

But i know, most ppl always crying about the ui.
its hard to find a way to make it possible to read, and to looking good, so hard that i stand away in my project
and work with readable basics, that do exactly what they should do, but looking nice is an other thing...
you try to make it look nice, but the readability suffers.

best greetings, keep it up.

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
A small tutorial needs to be added. Like
Take a look into it.

Really: you did not bad, it makes a solide Overview.
Really like the Idea in complete. Was ~ 3 minutes to come "inside" and "know" what to do, but there some Time
i feel "alone". First i need to figure out was "WADS", ( You can lol, yes, but it was ).

so: short "Toturial Canvas" just explains the first steps, will be a big help.

Optical i see not really "big" problems, the style is okay in my eyes.
for the font i need to say: yes. a big huge Part is not to read for me, just it s painful to read what is standing there.

But i know, most ppl always crying about the ui.
its hard to find a way to make it possible to read, and to looking good, so hard that i stand away in my project
and work with readable basics, that do exactly what they should do, but looking nice is an other thing...
you try to make it look nice, but the readability suffers.

best greetings, keep it up.
A small tutorial needs to be added. Like you said just a canvas with all the hotkeys for starters. (WSAD is available as well middle mouse for movement. Holding shift speeds up movement, space - moves you to the player). I will figure out a way to notify the player what they need and can do without bogging them down with tedious tutorials. From experienced I gave up on some games that had long tutorials, but also games that don't explain them self at all.

The font needs to go on the HUD, especially the event messages, warning messages and tool tips. UI I will admit it's where I'm the weakest, every hour I put in I feel I'm going backward fast or forwards slowly. I won't beat myself up over it, I can put my hours more efficiently into other areas for now. Also need to find the right balance with too much info on the HUD. Right now lots of info is on the HUD in the select slave bar. This is helping me find bugs ATM, later on I might reduce that down.

Slave interaction wheel for talking and changing there clothes is very clunky and broken. The clothes don't mention anything at the moment, but they boost XP gains and beauty which helps with auctioning slaves. Talking is another way to Boost Loyalty or Submission, which can change the animations of some sex scenes. In the dungeon submission changes some things and in the master bedroom loyalty changes things like slaves won't pull out or will swallow.

"A small guide on whats possible would be good too, other ways to make money and so on."

At the moment there is only 2 ways to make money. Auctioning slaves. Working from bedroom - You will make more money if you have a slave following you based on her Greed and Ambition. You can also get a some money from the greed corruption event. If you want to force a corruption event, spam press H between the hours of 10am and 10pm. This is for testing, the hotkey will be remove on later builds. You need to spam press it because it calls a function that has a small percent chance to activate it.

Thanks you for your feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHSStudio

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
A small tutorial needs to be added. Like

A small tutorial needs to be added. Like you said just a canvas with all the hotkeys for starters. (WSAD is available as well middle mouse for movement. Holding shift speeds up movement, space - moves you to the player). I will figure out a way to notify the player what they need and can do without bogging them down with tedious tutorials. From experienced I gave up on some games that had long tutorials, but also games that don't explain them self at all.

The font needs to go on the HUD, especially the event messages, warning messages and tool tips. UI I will admit it's where I'm the weakest, every hour I put in I feel I'm going backward fast or forwards slowly. I won't beat myself up over it, I can put my hours more efficiently into other areas for now. Also need to find the right balance with too much info on the HUD. Right now lots of info is on the HUD in the select slave bar. This is helping me find bugs ATM, later on I might reduce that down.

Slave interaction wheel for talking and changing there clothes is very clunky and broken. The clothes don't mention anything at the moment, but they boost XP gains and beauty which helps with auctioning slaves. Talking is another way to Boost Loyalty or Submission, which can change the animations of some sex scenes. In the dungeon submission changes some things and in the master bedroom loyalty changes things like slaves won't pull out or will swallow.

"A small guide on whats possible would be good too, other ways to make money and so on."

At the moment there is only 2 ways to make money. Auctioning slaves. Working from bedroom - You will make more money if you have a slave following you based on her Greed and Ambition. You can also get a some money from the greed corruption event. If you want to force a corruption event, spam press H between the hours of 10am and 10pm. This is for testing, the hotkey will be remove on later builds. You need to spam press it because it calls a function that has a small percent chance to activate it.

Thanks you for your feedback.
You can have your own style and make it easy to read, use RTS games as an example.
Lots of style in the HUD itself but still readable with good coloring and contrast and an easy font

Here is a good video

Good and readable UI makes or breaks the first time experience, nailing it is hard but absolutely worth it
Its a common thing to run into so don't worry :)