Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Draxeid

Oct 14, 2018
Are the tags up to date? Is there still no sexual content? Only thing remotely sexual I saw in Genre was Harem, and one nudity pic in the showcase

Reactions: Grelk

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
Are the tags up to date? Is there still no sexual content? Only thing remotely sexual I saw in Genre was Harem, and one nudity pic in the showcase
there is a BJ scene if you choose wisely, and a few nude scenes, but the game is still relatively new, so thats it for now

Reactions: crustlord12

Marie IV

Sep 9, 2023
Man... i want to like this game, i really do, but god is it sloooow, i don't mind a slow burn game, but this one is glacial and it's not like there's a lot to get through, most of it is just hum drum daily life for some guy and the people who he sees regularly... i feel like it has a good shot at being a good game when it finally gets to the point where shit is actually occurring, but getting there is such a slog with no real reward and it feels like it's going to take at least a few years to finally get through it...
Dissonance is objectively subpar to conventional literacy in general and for a very specific reason. It isn't the story or the characters or even the slower-than-slow progression of events, but the sheer abundance of circular conversation.

In the first hour alone there are multiple, and I'm talking, at least half a dozen instances of:

Person A: "You could've called me if you wanted to talk quickly"
Person B: "I wanted to talk quickly, which is why I didn't call."
Person A: "But if you wanted to talk quickly, you might as well have called."
Person B: "But then we wouldn't really be talking, and I just wanted to talk quickly"

And this ouroboros continues needlessly long.

This is horrible for so many reasons, but what makes it so much worse is that these circular conversations are triggered by unimportant aspects unrelated to the basic narrative level -- in short; "word salad".

To distinguish this feeling from other contemporary works, I can take LiL as an example. The reason it is easier to read Selebus' narrative tangents is because of just that; they are tangents related to the narrative. Even if the essays are long-winded and wordy, they are still narratively intertwined with the overarching plot, and thus provides perspective on stuff that matters to the story, which keeps the reader's interest. However, when Dissonance goes off on a tangent, it holds up and stalls the narrative we are looking to pursue.

If anyone is wondering why they feel tired when reading Dissonance, why even though they feel like they are hooked on the narrative itself, but still get the dreaded feeling of reading this to be a chore, redundancy in conversation is why. Dissonance makes every conversation feel like a slog because of poor dialogue that falls beneath the otherwise good narrative level.

I noticed the author actually liked the replied critique and seems to be responsive to his audience (which is more than can be said for others...). If this is the case, please recruit an editor or two who will just verbally read the script aloud, point out unnatural instances of redundancy in conversation, and cut them out. I promise that if this is done, the whole story will feel a lot faster and smoother in flow, and the people who are wondering why they feel as though they have to force themselves to read this otherwise great work of literature will feel far more liberated in doing so.

Last edited:

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
View attachment 2229701

Overview:
Dissonance is an on-going visual novel where you follow Toru Hirai as he attempts to readjust to his life after a coma. Throughout the story, you'll find yourself interacting with and deepening your connections with several characters as you explore Ametohi. And there's no need to be picky about where you go and when, after all, you'll have plenty of time!​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-29
Release Date: 2024-02-15
Developer: L_Elyot - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8 Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Extras:
Spanish Translation*

View attachment 2206343 View attachment 2206344 View attachment 2206345 View attachment 2206346 View attachment 2229717 View attachment 2670995 View attachment 2670996
View attachment 2670997 View attachment 2670998 View attachment 2863503 View attachment 2863511 View attachment 2957625 View attachment 2957628 View attachment 2957630
is this not .9 not .8. .8 was shared 01-16?
Thread Updated: 2024-01-16
Release Date: 2024-01-06
Developer: L_Elyot - Itch.io - SubscribeStar - Discord
Censored: No
Version: 0.8 Public

good luck with the game

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Dissonance-0.9
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dissonance [v0.9 Public] [L_Elyot]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
A truly horrifying experience, can't believe I wasted my time on this slog. Truly beyond me how this mess is rated this high.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MalLiz

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Ever since Marie IV explained to me what it was about the writing in this game that made it so laborious to read i cannot unsee it, my god, the scene where the sky cracks and Toru climbs the stairs of the shrine, circular circles circulating circularly, it's not just in the dialogue as they said, it's in the monologues as well, just saying the same freakin' thing 4 different ways before circling back to it for another round of 4 after a momentary tangent. Yeah, the sky is cracked, so go to the shrine, now, and shut up, just go there, go, now, to the shrine, ffs just go to the shrine so there's something worth reading on the screen.

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes