Illusion Difference between honey select 2 and the first one

pewdiepie12

Mar 10, 2018
Hi, im just starting to develop my first VN, and i just stumble and found that there is HS2 (i didnt know that) , so my question is:

How much is the diference between both of them in terms of character creation and stuff useful for VN? and should i try HS2? because i have seen that HS has a lot of mods that seems useful but idk if HS2 have enough.

Note: I havent use HS either before, so your comments will help me a lot, thank you

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
HS2 as well as AI Shoujo use the improved engine compared to HS, so I'd say models there look better and allow slightly wider variety of faces.

You can see that by comparing various character cards for AI/HS2 with HS cards.

Or compare games with HS models and AI/HS2 models, such as this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-real-desire-ch-2-ep-1-part1c-lyk4n.51151/

In my opinion, HS models in games usually look all too similar.

There are mods for HS2, allowing better bones structure (more variety in faces and bodies). Maybe not so many mods as for HS, but for new projects I wouldn't choose HS.

Also, for quality renders maybe it's better to model in some other programs, like DAZ or Blender. Rendering there with quality renderers may take much longer times though, and a good CPU/GPU is probably advisable.

(I don't have any experience there though, it's just my opinion after a bit of info searching. I myself would be glad to learn more about which tools to use.)

Reactions: Sinxflavio2

pewdiepie12

Mar 10, 2018
In my opinion, HS models in games usually look all too similar.

There are mods for HS2, allowing better bones structure (more variety in faces and bodies). Maybe not so many mods as for HS, but for new projects I wouldn't choose HS.
I see, i have played a lot of HS games but i if i recall correctly none of them use HS2 , so thank you for the link for that game(i will play it later), and i think i will follow your advice and try HS2, hopefully more mods will come while i develop my game. Because i read in some forums that some sex mods (about some animated sex positions, characters cumming , etc) were nowhere to be found in HS2 but i hope theres just some minor stuff im missing