dForce Question.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
If I have multiple dForce items in a scene, is there a way to lock one (or multiple) in place, say something that is already simulated, so that it doesn't re-simulate every time I want to simulate something that hasn't been simulated yet?

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Yes... and no...
There is no simple solution, but a backdoor, impractical and not always working for me, to do it.

It is actually necessary to save the simulation in a morph.
Once the simulation is done, you have to remove everything from the scene (after recording, it's better), except of course the simulated cloth. Export it as obj (DAZ Studio preset).
You reload the scene, select the garment, reset the simulation.
Edit - Object - Morph Loader Pro
Choose Morph file: Your OBJ
In Item TAB, Reverse Deformation, right click on NO, select Yes.

If the Morph has been applied correctly, you should have the ruler in the settings. But the morph does not always apply, especially with clothes. I don't know why...

Otherwise, the lumberjack method that I use most often:
Mask everything in the scene but the cloth.
Export as Obj
Import the Obj
Copy / paste the surfaces from the original cloth
Unmask the scene
Mask or delete the original cloth.

Reactions: Yonamous

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Yes... and no...
There is no simple solution, but a backdoor, impractical and not always working for me, to do it.

It is actually necessary to save the simulation in a morph.
Once the simulation is done, you have to remove everything from the scene (after recording, it's better), except of course the simulated cloth. Export it as obj (DAZ Studio preset).
You reload the scene, select the garment, reset the simulation.

If the Morph has been applied correctly, you should have the ruler in the settings. But the morph does not always apply, especially with clothes. I don't know why...

Otherwise, the lumberjack method that I use most often:
Mask everything in the scene but the cloth.
Export as Obj
Import the Obj
Copy / paste the surfaces from the original cloth
Unmask the scene
Mask or delete the original cloth.
Actually there is, and I found it thanks to dave619. Chose the item you don't want simulated, go to paremeters tab, and in there there is an "On / Off" option under Freeze Simulation. Just turn it on, and the item is locked in place.

Reactions: Roman DeVil

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
Actually there is, and I found it thanks to dave619. Chose the item you don't want simulated, go to paremeters tab, and in there there is an "On / Off" option under Freeze Simulation. Just turn it on, and the item is locked in place.
np yw

Reactions: Yonamous

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@Yonamous Be careful with this option. It is used to prevent a simulation on a cloth (or else, of course) that does not need it, not to fix a simulation already performed.
If you have to clear a simulation for exemple, this option checked will not prevent the loss of the data.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I'm not completely sure but I think another option is to save the pose/shape in order to recover it later (I think I've used it before).

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
It seems that exporting the cloth in Base resolution level makes it easier for the Morph Loader Pro.
Then, do the simulation.
Change the resolution of the cloth to Base level (parameters tab).
Makes the whole scene invisible, except the cloth (it seems to be enough to work).
Export as OBJ
Clear the simulation data
Accept.
You'll find the new morph in the parameters tab.

Finally, when it works, it's very easy :LOL: And it seems that the secret is the base resolution level to export the Obj.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Why not just do:
1. Save as > Scene subset. Save the simulated object
2. Simulate the other object.
3. Merge scene with scene subset.
I suppose that's also an option. It's just a little weird that dForce doesn't really have a "only simulate this" option, and that you have to resort to work arounds.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
@Yonamous Be careful with this option. It is used to prevent a simulation on a cloth (or else, of course) that does not need it, not to fix a simulation already performed.
If you have to clear a simulation for exemple, this option checked will not prevent the loss of the data.
If you use the global "clear simulation data," it will, indeed, clear all the simulation data, even if you have this set. There is an option, however, to clear simulation data just on the selected item. If you use this, it's safe to simulate one item at a time, clear that item's data, re-simulate, etc.

I suppose that's also an option. It's just a little weird that dForce doesn't really have a "only simulate this" option, and that you have to resort to work arounds.
I suspect that Daz was also considering the case were multiple items have to be simulated at the same time because they interact with one another in the scene. From what I've seen on their forums, the Freeze Simulation was, indeed, intended to handle the "just do one" case.

Deleted member 5194087

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
If you use the global "clear simulation data," it will, indeed, clear all the simulation data, even if you have this set. There is an option, however, to clear simulation data just on the selected item. If you use this, it's safe to simulate one item at a time, clear that item's data, re-simulate, etc.

I suspect that Daz was also considering the case were multiple items have to be simulated at the same time because they interact with one another in the scene. From what I've seen on their forums, the Freeze Simulation was, indeed, intended to handle the "just do one" case.

how to clear simulation data on just one item?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
from my quick try:

Select the object you want to clear the simulation data
right click the simulation tab
dforce > Clear selected objects

To add to the overall discussion:
- The clear all seems to have a bug in it that doesn't always clear the simulation data. clicking it two or three times decreases weird behavior.
- Only visible objects are simulated. So sometimes you can get away with hiding an object you already simulated.