DForce Magnet

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
Has anyone had the chance to use this product?

I'm having problems with it. i.e. I choose a vertex on a Dforce dress or hair product and the magnet will load way off above the selected vertex, or to the side, and have absolutely no effect during the simulation. The diamond will just stretch, not effecting the dress...
It will work like advertised on a new primitive, but I've had no luck getting it to work on existing products.
The solution's probably simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. :cry:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
I had this troubles too. I don't remember step by step, but, on frame 0, I moved the magnets to be close to the chosen vertex.
After, go on frame whatyouwant, move/rotate the magnets and simulate (don't forget to use the Animated Timeline Play Range to simulate!).

It simple and it works pretty good :LOL:

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I rarely use Dforce, could one simulate a scene like this with the "magnet"?
  1. have a flying bed sheet over a bed
  2. pin upper-parts (where characters head would be) to a magnet so it won't fall down when it simulates
  3. run simulate
  4. place character on sheet (not under)
  5. unpin the upper bed sheet parts to make it drop in such a way that the head is covered by the bed sheet
So the end result should be a character lying on a bed sheet with the entire body visible, except the head is under the bed sheet. This was something I wanted to do for a scene in the past, but ended up not doing it because I could not figure out how to simulate this.
It's not important, just curious whether this is possible and how complicated it would be.