• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Deviantart is dying and its owners are killing it

Laluzerne69

Dec 28, 2023
It's no suprise that Deviantart has been going down hill since the late 2010's. Though in more recent times, I have become more convinced than ever that Deviantart is going to die this decade. First they randomly delete art for no reason, then they suspend and ban people's accounts (including my own) even though they and I did nothing wrong. And what they really did to piss people off and really harmed their site was replacing old Deviantart with Eclipse and investing their resources into creating an ai art generator which is completely sh!t and doesn't produce any good quality images. So yeah, the site will most likely be dead and gone in the near future, and I hope that someone will get around to creating an archive site for Deviantart to see all the art and videos that were uploaded to the site including all the deleted stuff, because it will be the only way to see anything off of Deviantart after the site gets shut down. If you have a different opinion or if you do agree and would like to add your thoughts and opinions on the matter, feel free to type them down in the comments section.

Last edited:

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
It's no suprise that Deviantart has been going down hill since the late 2010's. Though in more recent times, I have become more convinced than ever that Deviantart is going to die this decade. First they randomly delete art for no reason, then they suspend and ban people's accounts (including my own) even though they and I did nothing wrong. And what they really did to piss people off and really harmed their site was replacing old Deviantart with Eclipse and investing their resources into creating an ai art generator which is completely sh!t and doesn't produce any good quality images. So yeah, the site will most likely be dead and gone in the near future, and I hope that someone will get around to creating an archive site for Deviantart to see all the art and videos that were uploaded to the site including all the deleted stuff, because it will be the only way to see anything off of Deviantart after the site gets shut down.
Oh no site will be on still for a long time.

But it's gonna be rotten.

I quit myself deviantart, over a decade ago, such shit that was about to happen was seen miles away before I left, and AI killed it.

Greed eventually takes us all. Which is exactly what is happening at deviantart.

Reactions: Laluzerne69

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
First they randomly delete art for no reason, then they suspend and ban people's accounts (including my own) even though they and I did nothing wrong.
Every time someone makes claims like this on any site, they definitely did do something wrong. Nothing personal, but i remain skeptical of your innocence.

Laluzerne69

Dec 28, 2023
Every time someone makes claims like this on any site, they definitely did do something wrong. Nothing personal, but i remain skeptical of your innocence.
I did nothing wrong though. I only used Deviantart to find art that I liked. The most content I have uploaded was when I used the forums sections to make threads to see if anyone had content from any old artists who made art that I loved and where to find art. That is all. Otherwise, I was a very quiet person.

May 12, 2023
I remember people being really mean and having "clique" behavior in fandoms. What drove me away was the *art elitist mind set*, where people would trash other's artwork and brag about how their artwork is super awesome.

I recall a big drama storm where one person said something along the lines of
"This person's art looks like complete dog shit. Like a pre-schooler drew it. How do they have more views than me? I went to art school, I know anatomy. "

Reactions: PsychicStress

Laluzerne69

Dec 28, 2023
Oh no site will be on still for a long time.

But it's gonna be rotten.

I quit myself deviantart, over a decade ago, such shit that was about to happen was seen miles away before I left, and AI killed it.

Greed eventually takes us all. Which is exactly what is happening at deviantart.
Perhaps, or will both be right and Deviantart will turn into a dead and hollow corpse of itself, and as the saying goes: a dead and rotting corpse is still a dead and rotting corpse.

Reactions: Glorified_ignorance