Lavisor

Oct 15, 2018
Well, first I must say I'm both surprised and please to see someone thinking about the gameplay.

Much too often when the gameplay is mentioned it's either to simply approve or disapprove, without much thinking and explaining. So thank you for taking time for both, it is indeed helpful.

About the economy of the game, well that area we really lacks data, due to the amount of content that is currently in the game I think you can quite easily understand that we tend to cheat our way when we test the new content. Also at this point playing the game is a chore for us since quite a bit of time, speaking for myself here I find it quite interesting how my way of enjoying the game changed over time.
So thanks for the data, I already got some with the occasional save I ask when somebody encounter bugs.

Also that area of the game is really the hardest for me to get a good view of the strength an weaknesses and in the end an idea of how it should be. Well I think I never really played the game without cheating, that's the first thing I do in the game here, I first find a way to cheat then play it. Except some rare cases I pretty much tailor my experience to my tastes.
Even if I try to improve the areas I can, that one is clearly the one I get the least feeling about.

Currently I worked on the GUI and the storytelling front-end but not much on the gameplay front end, most of everything is based on the legacy state before I got on the project. I also worked on the back-end but well it's the back-end so it's not really visible for you or at least it shouldn't.
But the economy and the stats mechanics are one of the point where I truly get the feeling I should improve things, yet I cannot get a clear picture of how I want things to go, on that matter even Jan has a better idea, which is pretty unusual since he is not into "grand scheme" type of deals and prefers working incrementally.
Thank you for the quick response.

I need to add a thing:

In the first stage of Lolas corruption i choosed the green serum. Didnt knew that the pink serum leads to a complete other direction.
I like those decisions where your choices lead to complete different paths. the only backside is the amount of extra work for the creators...

My sugestion: You should add a "warning" at the heavenly impact choices, so that ppl know that just one of the two options are possible. For example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for the quick response.

I need to add a thing:

In the first stage of Lolas corruption i choosed the green serum. Didnt knew that the pink serum leads to a complete other direction.
I like those decisions where your choices lead to complete different paths. the only backside is the amount of extra work for the creators...

My sugestion: You should add a "warning" at the heavenly impact choices, so that ppl know that just one of the two options are possible. For example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While we might not be in phase with each other, you and me are on the same wavelength.

About the choices, we are not yet set on displaying clear warning or not. At one point the player should be aware of that his choices could lead to consequences, and if you warn them about which choice has consequences or not, then it's biasing the choice.

Someone that is always careful about their choices in game is different from someone that don't, being a hothead is a way to play, if you cool them with warning it's influencing the player.
While it's not necessarily a bad thing is not neutral either, influencing the player is a storytelling mean and should be weighted as such. As much as gameplay should.
I strongly adhere to the side that support the hypothesis that gameplay is a if not the primary way of conveying meaning into a game. That of course mean that I need to make every bit of gameplay in a meaningful way, so it's not without drawback. But from my point of view if the game is currently enjoyable it's far from finished yet. And that also reflects on the gameplay.

Grinding is a way to influence the player into some behavior. If the MC can make a lot of cash all by himself would the player make the girls work at the stripclub ? Would they make them work as prostitues ? Would they sell them in some slave auction ?
I need to be clear there, what I'm saying above are just example of escalation, I'm not talking about any plan in the game.
If gaining money is a breeze then player that are not partial about those choices (not the people with fetishes/preferences that go with or against those example are I mean), wouldn't act the same.

On the other hand it needs to be enjoyable to play.
And there lies the difficult part, balancing the two.

Of course I'm quite hypocritical here, as I said earlier I always cheat on those games. So I'm kinda making the rules for people that I doesn't want to apply to myself.
But hey, just know that I'm not making them without thinking them through. :whistle:

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Not getting anything with Lola now. She's not showing up except in the "assess girls" menu choice. Nothing triggers in Dean's office (just says to call her but if I do all I can do is arrange for her to come to the house in the evening). Any suggestions?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
no compressed files yet for this version 0.35.0?
It's true the game is starting to get weighty. And we put it on a PNGgauntlet diet.

I'm looking into modifying our pipeline to make it even lighter losslessly, and I'm having quite good results with some lossy compression really looking good for 70% less size.
But as I said I want it to be integrated into our build pipeline so wont be for today.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
By the way, .

Corrected the issue with loading last version saves.

Also I fixed the SMS thread display, it's not a perfect fix, and it won't ever be because of Ren'Py but now, it's functional at least.

Del.Mar

Nov 19, 2017

Hey guys!
Many of you were wondering what would be included in the next update so I'll just go right ahead and say it.
I did initially have the idea of making Yuki's alternative transformation for the next update but after a discussion with Vaasref we decided to shelve that for at least the next update and instead focus on polishing up the existing stages of the girls.
Since many people had talked about the final stages being somewhat lackluster for the girls I finally decided to do something about it.
So my plan is to focus on each final stage both for Chrystal and Yuki.
So far I've mainly been focusing on adding on to Chrystal's content, adding scenes and actions.
I've also re rendered and tweaked the scenes so those already in the game should definitely have an upgraded feel to them.
I even included a before and after as the first image (where the guy has a white shirt.) Is the picture as it looks now.

The picture above is how it will look compared to it.
Definitive improvement wouldn't you guys say?
Maybe I could be convinced to even post a more revealing comparison pic as I continue with the work this month.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
-Jan

Last edited:

Ulrich37

Apr 1, 2018
The hair for Chrystal is still a bit much (I suspect I just didn't care for the blonde change) but otherwise it looks great.

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@del.mar
I'm sure he went for a black shirt to make the MC more ominous and screw with my challenge of making him morally right.

@Ulrich37
Well I wasn't too into her last stage hair style either when I first played it.

But I got used to it. I also like to let the character do their own changes so it doesn't bother me now.

But I don't know about the MC having red hair in that remastered version. (<= that was a joke, since you know, he is bald)

Last edited:
Reactions: Del.Mar

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Every time i want to tutor; renpy gets an error and i cant do shit.
There is a bug in the 0.35.0 to 0.35.2 included that causes that when you load a save from a previous version.

However, it was fixed in the version 0.35.3.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Mac anyone?
Mac build are let's say, problematic.

Ren'Py seem to not being able to give us a working mac build from our sources and pasting the game files in the SDK doesn't work.

On top of that I very much despise Mac, so it's impossible I ever get one and very unlikely I virtualize one to troubleshoot a general Ren'Py issue.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Mac build are let's say, problematic.

Ren'Py seem to not being able to give us a working mac build from our sources and pasting the game files in the SDK doesn't work.

On top of that I very much despise Mac, so it's impossible I ever get one and very unlikely I virtualize one to troubleshoot a general Ren'Py issue.
Oh I actually got your older mac builds to work fine. I remember now, I did try this game previously. Yes for a while it wasn't working but in the end it was just a simple permissions error. To fix it I had to:

Open up terminal, cd all the way to DDGame.app/Content/MacOS and chmod corruption by entering "chmod +x DDGame" and then cd DDGame.app/Content/MacOS/lib/darwin and "chmod +x *"

This fixes it, so just upload the mac build even if it doesn't work please. The users can fix it for you. Or if now that you know what the problem is you can fix it in the build.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I used console for cash and items in last patch and it worked fine. This patch i just click tutor and i get an error.
Same for me but when i wanted to play this patch i couldn't even start the game without getting an error. After deleting everything game related, even save games, and unzipping it new i can play completly fine without any error.

4.20 star(s) 57 Votes