othello

May 30, 2017
Is there in version 0.09 any new content? Nice models, however I'd appreciate more than just two changes on the females until their final appearance. The announcements on the devs patreon page look promising so let's hope a lot more will follow.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
waaaayyyy too grindy. You have to unpack your lab 10 times. Make the same serum over and over again, oh and the lab isn't availible very often for some reason. and tutoring the girl is just the same scene over and over.

If it gets better I dont think I care. I literally fell asleep pushing spacebar over and over.

Reactions: cloudmoon

spaceenwalker

May 1, 2017
Deviant Discoveries - Jan The Spider 0.09.0-all
Deviant Discoveries - Jan The Spider [RENPY] 0.09.1-all.zip

link deleted

Last edited:

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
can anyone tell me how to progress with the new girl after you give her a naughty shot i called her on the phone and when i tried to check my messages the next day i got a script error
Check the message only at night and you won't get the script error. She sends you a message three times all pics of her over three days. After the third time the MC will say he'll talk to her the next day. So talk to her in the classroom and proceed from there.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

Janthespider

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
waaaayyyy too grindy. You have to unpack your lab 10 times. Make the same serum over and over again, oh and the lab isn't availible very often for some reason. and tutoring the girl is just the same scene over and over.

If it gets better I dont think I care. I literally fell asleep pushing spacebar over and over.
Well if you have any suggestions how to improve it i'm all ears.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
For starters unpack the lab in maybe 2-3 days. Serum building you could make into a minigame instead of repeat day visits (i'm just spam clicking past days here, a minigame would actually take longer and be more interesting.) Give some variety to tutoring the student. She doesn't need to be falling asleep all the time. Perhaps some random chance to see a panty shot or boob slip just to keep the player interested?

You don't have to reduce playtime so much as unnecessary repetition. While at this stage of development it's ok to run short or long in some areas on how much repetition, but TBH avoiding it during mundane situations is preferred. Grind sex instead. The player is far more interested if he has to repeatedly play with a girls tits than unpack a box or wake up a sleeping student.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
I really don't think a mini game to make serum is a good idea, that will just be a drag to go through every time you want a serum, unless if you get more quantity with a successful attempt or something.

But yeah, the lab unpacking just takes too long. if you can get one of your students that you used the serum on or someone you trust and teach them how to make the serum then maybe they can help making serum while you do something else for a hit with one of the stats maybe. Maybe new girl since she's visiting the lab.

riexor

May 27, 2017
Not a huge fan of bimbofication, but this game looks good and has a good premise.

Since you asked Janthespider, here are my suggestions/issues I found:
  • I would suggest leaving out the talking to people every time you want to do something with them. So just make it so you can call Chrystal/Kara for a tutoring session when you are at home or Yuki is just always at the Lab when you go there.
  • I don't know what color serums do what, is that explained somewhere?
  • Morning using the phone is very buggy, I get errors and have to rollback if I attempt 'Nothing' or 'Check messages.'
  • Have all the girls stats on one message, it's like eight or nine clicks just to fully check the status of one girl.
  • Have some more feedback regarding your actions, so lets say you need to setup the lab for five days, say that. So first day is unboxing at the end say something like, "It looks like I am going to need a few more days to set this up." Then when you only need one or two days left say that it's almost finished. Same goes for all the progression, from making the serums to 'breaking' the girls.
Still not maxed out with anyone right now, but those are my suggestions. I hope you don't take any of this personally, just my opinion. Also thank you for creating this and being active here.

Last edited:

Turkeyman

Jun 15, 2017
With regards to the serum creation, just one action to mix it and then state something like "It'll take 10 days in the incubator" or whatever. I don't know, I ain't a scientist. That should still provide you with the padding but the player doesn't need to grind and if you only want one serum to be created at a time there's just one incubator ("You'll have to wait until serum A has finished").

With regards to interacting with the girls after class, it's tedious having to go to school, select talk with them, invite them etc. Just have something like "Invite Girl A to train" in the tutoring menu and then you're instantly in the tutoring scene.

It's a nice start, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Zapdosmoltres1

Janthespider

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
For starters unpack the lab in maybe 2-3 days. Serum building you could make into a minigame instead of repeat day visits (i'm just spam clicking past days here, a minigame would actually take longer and be more interesting.) Give some variety to tutoring the student. She doesn't need to be falling asleep all the time. Perhaps some random chance to see a panty shot or boob slip just to keep the player interested?

You don't have to reduce playtime so much as unnecessary repetition. While at this stage of development it's ok to run short or long in some areas on how much repetition, but TBH avoiding it during mundane situations is preferred. Grind sex instead. The player is far more interested if he has to repeatedly play with a girls tits than unpack a box or wake up a sleeping student.
I'll certainly keep that in my mind going forward. Less grindy, more variety.

Not a huge fan of bimbofication, but this game looks good and has a good premise.

Since you asked Janthespider, here are my suggestions/issues I found:
  • I would suggest leaving out the talking to people every time you want to do something with them. So just make it so you can call Chrystal/Kara for a tutoring session when you are at home or Yuki is just always at the Lab when you go there.
  • I don't know what color serums do what, is that explained somewhere?
  • Morning using the phone is very buggy, I get errors and have to rollback if I attempt 'Nothing' or 'Check messages.'
  • Have all the girls stats on one message, it's like eight or nine clicks just to fully check the status of one girl.
  • Have some more feedback regarding your actions, so lets say you need to setup the lab for five days, say that. So first day is unboxing at the end say something like, "It looks like I am going to need a few more days to set this up." Then when you only need one or two days left say that it's almost finished. Same goes for all the progression, from making the serums to 'breaking' the girls.
Still not maxed out with anyone right now, but those are my suggestions. I hope you don't take any of this personally, just my opinion. Also thank you for creating this and being active here.
I certainly don't take this personally. I'm always open to hearing suggestions and you people raise some valid points.
But.
Given that coding is a learning process for me, there are some things I of course would like to do but simply don't have the skills yet. Since this is my first time doing something like this it's probably more a trial and error thing.

• The phone message thing is a bug I'm aware of, it'll be fixed in the next version. For now you can bypass it by using the phone in the evening or late night.
  • I'll see what I can do about the girl stats.
  • I will add the ability to call the girls when at home.
  • I'll shorten the grinding parts, like making the serum. Unpacking the lab and so on.
  • explain the serums better in game.(in case you're wondering(green=Body morph)(pink=libido)(blue=mood changer))

but seriously thanks you guys for the interest in my game

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/phone.rpy", line 28, in script
ScriptError: could not find label 'home1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/phone.rpy", line 28, in script
File "E:\rpg maker and small games\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1519, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "E:\rpg maker and small games\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\script.py", line 843, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'home1'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.11.1749
Deviant Discoveries 0.09.0

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Check messages error. Don't know if i need to even check messages yet but this is what happened when i clicked on it.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/phone.rpy", line 44, in script
  File "game/phone.rpy", line 51, in <module>
NameError: name 'y_inj' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/phone.rpy", line 44, in script
  File "D:\f95\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1450, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\f95\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\exports.py", line 817, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "D:\f95\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1670, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\f95\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0.09.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1665, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/phone.rpy", line 51, in <module>
NameError: name 'y_inj' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.11.1749
Deviant Discoveries 0.09.0

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes