Others Developing a new text-based incest sandbox game

JokerJR123

Jul 24, 2020
This is development thread of my new game. Here I will post information of development and future plans.

The game is an open world text-based sandbox, where you play as a young man living with his mom and trying to fuck her. The game will contain the mechanics of dialogues, clothes, relationships development, sex and pregnancy.

Last edited:

KhalsGames

Jan 3, 2024
There are quite a few good text-based games available and they do attract a lot of attention. I would say that there's always a decently sized market for them.

It's good to note that a lot of the text-based games I've played have been the more sandbox-y types, so you're on a good path. I would assume it's down to the amount of art a non-text based large sandbox would require.

Best of luck :)

JokerJR123

Jul 24, 2020
There are quite a few good text-based games available and they do attract a lot of attention. I would say that there's always a decently sized market for them.

It's good to note that a lot of the text-based games I've played have been the more sandbox-y types, so you're on a good path. I would assume it's down to the amount of art a non-text based large sandbox would require.

Best of luck :)
Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, you are right. For a non-text-based sandbox you will need a huge number of assets, which is why I chose text-based.

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
Sure, why not? Go for it!

I'd definitely play a text game if it did everything you said you wanted to do. Assuming the text is descriptive enough, my brain is capable of rendering way better images than what people are doing with Daz anyways.

The closest comparison I can think of is Corruption of champions 1 & 2, and Trials in tainted space. Those games are pretty good, have plenty of fans and are 99% text-based. It can definitely be done.

Last edited:

JokerJR123

Jul 24, 2020
Sure, why not? Go for it!

I'd definitely play a text game if it did everything you said you wanted to do. Assuming the text is descriptive enough, my brain is capable of rendering way better images than what people are doing with Daz anyways.

The closest comparison I can think of is Corruption of champions 1 & 2, and Trials in tainted space. Those games are pretty good, have plenty of fans and are 99% text-based. It can definitely be done.
Thank you for your support, I have already started making the game!)

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I support you wholeheartedly but if I may offer you a suggestion: Unity may not be the best choice for a purely text-based game, unless it uses some more features from the engine I think that Unity is like using a sledgehammer when a toy hammer would do. Of course, again, it depends on what you want to do.

Reactions: JokerJR123

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
A couple of quality-of-life things that should be considered when creating your own text based game engine:
- save/load / autosave / quicksave handling. effectively capturing/restoring the game state is trickier than most would expect
- rollback/rollforward/history - depends on the game style but very annoying when this is not present
- seamless updates - despite it being simple to do in Renpy games, many devs fail to keep a consistent seamless update path and force restart from beginning because previous save files no longer work, despite clear documentation on how to do it. when rolling your own engine, it is something to keep in mind.

good luck!

Last edited:

JokerJR123

Jul 24, 2020
I support you wholeheartedly but if I may offer you a suggestion: Unity may not be the best choice for a purely text-based game, unless it uses some more features from the engine I think that Unity is like using a sledgehammer when a toy hammer would do. Of course, again, it depends on what you want to do.
Now I agree with you :)

JokerJR123

Jul 24, 2020
A couple of quality-of-life things that should be considered when creating your own text based game engine:
- save/load / autosave / quicksave handling. effectively capturing/restoring the game state is trickier than most would expect
- rollback/rollforward/history - depends on the game style but very annoying then this is not present
- seamless updates - despite it being simple to do in Renpy games, many devs fail to keep a consistent seamless update path and force restart from beginning because previous save files no longer work, despite clear documentation on how to do it. when rolling your own engine, it is something to keep in mind.

good luck!
Of course there will be save and load. But I doubt about the rollback. I’ve never used it and I don’t see the point in it.